By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CupHead Impressions

I will probably never finish it, but I have no regrets buying this for $20.

Frankly, this could have easily been a $40 - $50 retail game.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

That art style itself deserves a purchase imo

Got the game and loving it ^^'

I LOVE IT.

Got it on launch day but I couldn't play it until last night. It was slightly frustrating at first but with a little perseverance, I really fell in love with this game. So much charm and air tight gameplay. I need to find someone to co-op with!

d21lewis said:
I LOVE IT.

Got it on launch day but I couldn't play it until last night. It was slightly frustrating at first but with a little perseverance, I really fell in love with this game. So much charm and air tight gameplay. I need to find someone to co-op with!

Co op is worse on the run and gun stages imo =p.  A bit like in contra/donkey kong if one person moves to fast and hug the screen on the right he/she can't see the enemies coming.  I am now on island 2 and beat one boss. tried to beat a boss on simple but then you don't get the contracts.....Island 2 and it is so hard I don't see me making island 4 soon XD.

Edit: or she.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
d21lewis said:
I LOVE IT.

Co op is worse on the run and gun stages imo =p.  A bit like in contra/donkey kong if one person moves to fast and hug the screen on the right he/she can't see the enemies coming.  I am now on island 2 and beat one boss. tried to beat a boss on simple but then you don't get the contracts.....Island 2 and it is so hard I don't see me making island 4 soon XD.

Edit: or she.

Yeah, I tried Simple too. Didn't get the contract so I cracked my knuckles and accepted my fate.  Normal mode, it is. Surprisingly, I found my rhythm pretty quickly. I quit on the flying level but I think I could beat it.

Made it on the third isle, one weapon helped me a lot to achieve it.

Edit: now at the end boss ^^'.

I've been wanting to try to hold out starting the second world so I can play coop with my friend on Friday, but I'm not sure I can! I keep thinking about this game, and I'm itching pretty bad to play more.

Finished the flying level after I woke up and right before I got ready for work. This is one of those "Just one more try!" games. The best thing about it is that every time I die, it's my fault and not the game. I feel like I'm going to be as good a as I was in the NES era by the time I finish this game.

I bought it, and to be frank, I dont buy many PC games, especially if its more than 10 dollars. *ahem*

But I knew I had to support this game, it was just too much love poured in...hopefully it somehow makes its way to other consoles aswell.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!