By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware And Software 12 August 2017

Oh, I noticed that 3DS is more sold than Xb1 in Europe !

Around the Network
Peach_buggy said:

When it's freely available at Nowinstock in said countries then you may have a point. It's only just began to become more available these past few weeks but still sold out in many cases.

http://www.nowinstock.net/uk/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/ (OMG do my eyes deceive me that Switch is being sold at it's launch price of 280 pounds in the UK by SEVERAL retailers ?) 

http://www.nowinstock.net/de/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/ (Oh hey look you can get a seperate Switch unit in Germany and for 5 euros less too compared to it's launch price!) 

http://www.nowinstock.net/it/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/ (Switch matches it's launch price in Italy so nothing out of the ordinary!)

http://www.nowinstock.net/fr/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/ (Good news for the tons of Nintendo fans in France, they can get a Switch unit for a whole 14 euros off! The French are getting a better deal from Nintendo than Germans!) 

http://www.nowinstock.net/es/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/ (Paying 5 more euros to secure your Switch unit in Spain ? You might have a point after all. NOT!

If the Nintendo Switch had moderate or severe shortages, it's MSRP in Europe would be noticeably affected but so much for that LOL ...

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Zach808 said:
So the Switch is currently at around 2 years of Wii U sales (going by an average of 3m per year) despite being only about 5-6 months old and having no holiday season. I get the feeling that it might outsell the Wii U completely before the first year is over.

Depends. If you mean first year as in by January 1st, definitely not. If you mean by March 3rd, very unlikely, but it will get close.

I wouldn't be so sure. I mean, Nintendo is surely putting up some big stocks for the holiday season with Mario and Xenoblade. If they manage to sell 12 million until the end of this year, then the Wii U will be beaten in it's first year for sure

JRPGfan said:
p0isonparadise said:
It's quite obvious price is holding back the Switch in Europe.

No idea why it its like 420$ USD here in DK.

As others have said, stock doesnt seem to be a issue atm here.

Price is just too high..... right now a new PS4slim is around 300$ USD here.

Thats a massive differnce in price, and it seems like not too many consumers are willing to pay it.

Nintendo didn't put a official price on the Switch for europe. 420$ just means that the shops in Denmark are just greedy af. No wonder there's no shortage there with such a high price

Bofferbrauer2 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Depends. If you mean first year as in by January 1st, definitely not. If you mean by March 3rd, very unlikely, but it will get close.

I wouldn't be so sure. I mean, Nintendo is surely putting up some big stocks for the holiday season with Mario and Xenoblade. If they manage to sell 12 million until the end of this year, then the Wii U will be beaten in it's first year for sure

The only reason I feel like that isn't likely is because Nintendo already said they expect to ship 13 million by march of 2018. But I'm not sure, in fact nothing about my comment was sure. Except for "it won't sell 14 million by january 1st", that's almost impossible

fatslob-:O said:
Peach_buggy said:

If it's getting restocked more often to catch up with demand, then logic dictates the numbers each week in the catching up period would get higher. I'm well aware of how this site works and you just pointed out its infallibilities. There obviously hasn't been a switch adjustment yet, as no concrete numbers have comein but i'll just say i'm fully expecting 1 soon after they do.

Or it could be that the Switch has already caught up with demand in Europe going by availability and pricing ? Have you even considered that scenario instead of constantly projecting your own on everyone else who opposes ? 

When I asked when I could get a Switch here in Luxembourg, the shopkeepers told me "hopefully for you before Christmas", and that in several different stores. You can preorder the thing, but you still have to wait for several months here to actually get one! So demand is certainly not met yet, at least not for all of Europe. And if you consider all SKU, then no, demand isn't met at all yet. You can get one in many regions, but you're not allowed to be picky which one you want, as generally only one variant is available.

You won't find may scalpers in europe, simply because nobody buys overpriced hardware in (continental) europe. Just check denmark where the Switch has a 420$ pricetag and sits on the shelves

Around the Network
Peach_buggy said:
Lawlight said:

Am I in bizarro-land or are you doing this on purpose. There is no 14 stockists on that list - there's only 4 of them. Jeez, how ironic that you're telling I can't read or add up.

If anyone in the UK tella me that it is incredibly hard to find the Switch right now I would call them an idiot because it's clearly available.

And please, give me the name of those 14 stockists. Lol, 14 stockists.

Hmmm, how can i put this in a way you will understand? There are 14 different means of getting the Switch on that website. Different bundles/sku's etc. Over 50% of them are sold out and the stock situation moves so fast that at any given hour there may be between 10 and 30% availability for said bundles/sku's.  14 different opportunities to buy the Switch, yet most of those avenues are closed off due to being sold out. Basic maths right there for ya. Also, heaven forbid that the people who actually, ya know, reside in that country know more about Switch availability in their own country than some Keyboard warrior typing from behind his keyboard from afar! Way to go, calling them idiots, am sure the U.K. citizens struggling to find a Switch will take great comfort from your comments but of course you know better than them from 1,000's of miles away!

Can someone else please chime in on this for me? Because this is not possible. Surely that guy is trolling me, right? And can someone tell this person that we have this thing called the internet where you can check if an item is available in a country, such as the UK, and you can buy stuff online without having to that country or live there?

JRPGfan said:
p0isonparadise said:
It's quite obvious price is holding back the Switch in Europe.

No idea why it its like 420$ USD here in DK.

As others have said, stock doesnt seem to be a issue atm here.

Price is just too high..... right now a new PS4slim is around 300$ USD here.

Thats a massive differnce in price, and it seems like not too many consumers are willing to pay it.

One factor that is different is because your DK price includes VAT, which the US price does not.

The second factor is that the exchangerate from YEN to DKK is different than the one for YEN to USD.

I did this calculation for sweden and if you subtracted our VAT and adjusted for exchangerate our switches are about 10 % (or one game :P ) more expensive than in the US. So these 10 % I can't explain (migth be import duties or something) but it's not as much as it seems when you only take the price on the shelf here and compare it to the US shelf price (since USA has a strange habit of not including VAT in the shelf price).

Bofferbrauer2 said:
fatslob-:O said:

Or it could be that the Switch has already caught up with demand in Europe going by availability and pricing ? Have you even considered that scenario instead of constantly projecting your own on everyone else who opposes ? 

When I asked when I could get a Switch here in Luxembourg, the shopkeepers told me "hopefully for you before Christmas", and that in several different stores. You can preorder the thing, but you still have to wait for several months here to actually get one! So demand is certainly not met yet, at least not for all of Europe. And if you consider all SKU, then no, demand isn't met at all yet. You can get one in many regions, but you're not allowed to be picky which one you want, as generally only one variant is available.

You won't find may scalpers in europe, simply because nobody buys overpriced hardware in (continental) europe. Just check denmark where the Switch has a 420$ pricetag and sits on the shelves

Could it be that Luxembourg is one of the smallest markets in the world and not a priority for Nintendo? Because retailers from other European websites suggest that the bigger countries are doing fine.

As for Denmark, well, the Switch is being sold at 200 kr less than the RRP at GameStop.

As for SKUs, are you talking about the colours?

In Sweden most retailers with availible stock are currently making own bundles. Mediamarkt (one of the biggest) only has bundles, another of the biggest, Elgiganten, ran out of stock with a campain earlier this week (~350$) for a console. But still has the Splatoon 2 bundle at select stores. It says on their page that they will get a re-stock October 7th.

Mbolibombo said:
In Sweden most retailers with availible stock are currently making own bundles. Mediamarkt (one of the biggest) only has bundles, another of the biggest, Elgiganten, ran out of stock with a campain earlier this week (~350$) for a console. But still has the Splatoon 2 bundle at select stores. It says on their page that they will get a re-stock October 7th.

What about this?

https://www.gamestop.se/Nintendo%20Switch/Games/73234/nintendo-switch-red-blue-console

11.4% off RRP.