By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware And Software 12 August 2017

C'mon software!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
COKTOE said:
C'mon software!

I hope GTA gets out of the top 10 just for you

Anyone else notice that the global sales total percentages are close/are matching up with the actual total sales? Lol

rjason12 said:
Anyone else notice that the global sales total percentages are close/are matching up with the actual total sales? Lol

Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Switch + XOne + PS4 will be at 100M combined in two weeks.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
COKTOE said:
C'mon software!

I hope GTA gets out of the top 10 just for you

Once it's out I'm worried I'll unravel. No sleep? Will food taste different? I'm more prepared for my own death tbh. Grand Theft Auto V.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
Peach_buggy said:

No, the demand is gradually being met in the places in Europe where  it was nearly impossible to procure in the past. A check of nowinstock will prove this fact. In the 3 main countries of Europe it is literally in stock for hours before being restocked. The mere fact it is being restocked much quicker now goes to prove there is more stock allocated there now, so defacto more sales. Yet this isn't being taken into account on this very tracking site. This is why i thought Europe and even possibly U.S. is undertracked here. It's not just me that doesn't trust the numbers here any more. After all, they are just estimates anyway. You really think supply meeting demand=sales going down? No,it means more being shipped there, ergo more sales. Nintendo has already upped production. It doesn't mean LESS consoles are going to Europe. If anything slightly more are being sent there, as the stockchecking sites restock history proves.

@Bold Until we can get hard numbers from Nintendo there's no way to prove your assertion to be true regardless of how often restocked the Switch is. It's not just about how frequent the restocks are, it's also about how much in quantity that restocking happens too ... (No one in their right mind would claim that more goods are shipping to Country B which is getting restocked about 1 unit every week than Country A which gets restocked with 10 units each month) 

You don't trust the numbers because of your partisanship getting in the way, VGC only gets more accurate as time goes one since the group behind it are frequent to readjust ... (after all the vast majority of market data are only estimates but you don't see the business world losing their minds over it) 

Supply meeting demand does mean sales usually go down (not much reason to sell a Switch if everybody on this planet owns one), at least assuming that demand stays constant in an academic setting but that's hardly ever true in the real world since many variables could affect the sales of game consoles such as pricing or games ... 

If it's getting restocked more often to catch up with demand, then logic dictates the numbers each week in the catching up period would get higher. I'm well aware of how this site works and you just pointed out its infallibilities. There obviously hasn't been a switch adjustment yet, as no concrete numbers have comein but i'll just say i'm fully expecting 1 soon after they do.

Peach_buggy said:

If it's getting restocked more often to catch up with demand, then logic dictates the numbers each week in the catching up period would get higher. I'm well aware of how this site works and you just pointed out its infallibilities. There obviously hasn't been a switch adjustment yet, as no concrete numbers have comein but i'll just say i'm fully expecting 1 soon after they do.

Or it could be that the Switch has already caught up with demand in Europe going by availability and pricing ? Have you even considered that scenario instead of constantly projecting your own on everyone else who opposes ? 

Lawlight said:
Peach_buggy said:

I am beginning to doubt you can even read or add up. Of the 14 stockists on the list, 6 have Switches available and that situation changes almost hourly.  The front page doesn't lie. The reason it updates every 5 minutes is because it sells out so quickly and even some of the links listing it as in stock even change to out of stock as you click on them. Perhaps it would help if you actually lived in the U.K.? People here will tell you how incredibly hard it is still to get hold of. Since when does 6/14 stockists listing Switch as available = being 100% available? If someone wants to believe something, it seems facts don't even prove stuff to them? 

Am I in bizarro-land or are you doing this on purpose. There is no 14 stockists on that list - there's only 4 of them. Jeez, how ironic that you're telling I can't read or add up.

If anyone in the UK tella me that it is incredibly hard to find the Switch right now I would call them an idiot because it's clearly available.

And please, give me the name of those 14 stockists. Lol, 14 stockists.

Hmmm, how can i put this in a way you will understand? There are 14 different means of getting the Switch on that website. Different bundles/sku's etc. Over 50% of them are sold out and the stock situation moves so fast that at any given hour there may be between 10 and 30% availability for said bundles/sku's.  14 different opportunities to buy the Switch, yet most of those avenues are closed off due to being sold out. Basic maths right there for ya. Also, heaven forbid that the people who actually, ya know, reside in that country know more about Switch availability in their own country than some Keyboard warrior typing from behind his keyboard from afar! Way to go, calling them idiots, am sure the U.K. citizens struggling to find a Switch will take great comfort from your comments but of course you know better than them from 1,000's of miles away!

fatslob-:O said:
Peach_buggy said:

Or it could be that the Switch has already caught up with demand in Europe going by availability and pricing ? Have you even considered that scenario instead of constantly projecting your own on everyone else who opposes ? 

When it's freely available at Nowinstock in said countries then you may have a point. It's only just began to become more available these past few weeks but still sold out in many cases.

Impressive switch sales in japan.