By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Saudi Arabia's king issues order allowing women to drive

Fei-Hung said:
Signalstar said:

What religion is not flawed in your opinion?

I think you'll find the salafi Saudi family is far more backwards and has a stronger hold in the middle east than Islam.

They have been funding extreme conservative theology since coming into power, making things which were permissable impermissible and taking the middle east into the dark ages.

Also, the religion isn't backwards as much as some people who follow it are. Nothing is stopping anyone who has any religion to do anything which is forward thinking or progressive.

E. G.

1) one of the first ever constitutions was written by the Muslim prophet.

2) the first ever University was created by a Muslim Arab woman.

3) great advances in astrology and algebra came from Muslim Arabs

4) some of the leading scientists in the field of embryology and neurology are Muslims who are inspired and driven by their faith.

5) you have muslim cosplayers, sports men and women, actors, singers, magicians, etc

The issue always has been and will be the Saud family who are known historically to be a barbaric tribe with extreme views, that were hand picked by Britain to be put in power since they were the furthest away from what the ottomans were in their belief.

Muslims were part of a revolutionary Golden Age, where they travelled to other countries just to gain knowledge.

It always makes me sad seeing state of many Muslims in their community today, but the point you raised cannot be doubted. Those in authority have power, and the Muslims capable of helping the Muslims improve are the ones without any strength

Around the Network
Mnementh said:

Step in the right direction. Let me check - well, Saudi Arabia is still the most backward and evil country in the world, but maybe now only 3 centuries behind. Go on this course, and you might become part of the world.

Most important step: Stop this war against Jemen.

It's a proxy war being fought for the US and UK to weaken Iran. No one will come to the aid of Yemen, anyone backing Yemen will be seen as evil. Saudi will gain power from this and will get authorisation to buy more artillery, warplanes etc and the West will get to see someone put in charge that isn't an allie of Iran.

monocle_layton said:
Fei-Hung said:

I think you'll find the salafi Saudi family is far more backwards and has a stronger hold in the middle east than Islam.

They have been funding extreme conservative theology since coming into power, making things which were permissable impermissible and taking the middle east into the dark ages.

Also, the religion isn't backwards as much as some people who follow it are. Nothing is stopping anyone who has any religion to do anything which is forward thinking or progressive.

E. G.

1) one of the first ever constitutions was written by the Muslim prophet.

2) the first ever University was created by a Muslim Arab woman.

3) great advances in astrology and algebra came from Muslim Arabs

4) some of the leading scientists in the field of embryology and neurology are Muslims who are inspired and driven by their faith.

5) you have muslim cosplayers, sports men and women, actors, singers, magicians, etc

The issue always has been and will be the Saud family who are known historically to be a barbaric tribe with extreme views, that were hand picked by Britain to be put in power since they were the furthest away from what the ottomans were in their belief.

Muslims were part of a revolutionary Golden Age, where they travelled to other countries just to gain knowledge.

It always makes me sad seeing state of many Muslims in their community today, but the point you raised cannot be doubted. Those in authority have power, and the Muslims capable of helping the Muslims improve are the ones without any strength

Yup, Ibn Batuta is a great example. Went America and spent time there before Columbus. Didn't cause a genocide, lived in peace, wrote about the native Americans and their culture, land etc and went back home. 

Damn. This is bad news. Women and cars. Dangerous combination.

It seems that car acidents in Saudi Arabia is about to sky rocket!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network
Locknuts said:

***Slow clap***

Edit: Wait, is there adequate peripheral vision in a burqa? They should make that optional too.

It has always been optional. They just have to cover hair and body.

Mohammed Bin Salman is doing work. The country is progressing faster than most people thought under King Salman.

Ka-pi96 said:
It's a start.

It's a start to even more rape in that country. Now whenever a car driven by a female will break down, bad things will happen to her.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

It's a small step in the right direction. The Guardian claims it is the biggest step yet. That is not true, the biggest step came last year, when women got the right to study without permission from a man. That made a feminist movement inevitable.

Fei-Hung said:
Mnementh said:

Step in the right direction. Let me check - well, Saudi Arabia is still the most backward and evil country in the world, but maybe now only 3 centuries behind. Go on this course, and you might become part of the world.

Most important step: Stop this war against Jemen.

It's a proxy war being fought for the US and UK to weaken Iran. No one will come to the aid of Yemen, anyone backing Yemen will be seen as evil. Saudi will gain power from this and will get authorisation to buy more artillery, warplanes etc and the West will get to see someone put in charge that isn't an allie of Iran.

Wasn't Israel enough for that already. Since the 70'start not a single country dares to wage war with Israel. Hell suporting and supplying Hamas and Hezbolla is as far as even Iran or Qatar will go. Probably because they will lose an outright war with Israel. So technically the USA doesn't need Saudi military support to keep Iran in check. But they do want their oil. Tough luck for Yemen though 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Fei-Hung said:
monocle_layton said:

Yup, Ibn Batuta is a great example. Went America and spent time there before Columbus. Didn't cause a genocide, lived in peace, wrote about the native Americans and their culture, land etc and went back home. 

Mind posting a source for when he went to America? Wikipedia says nothing about that.