By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Saudi Arabia's king issues order allowing women to drive

this is bad news
women should not drive cars

Around the Network

I like this new Saudi Prince, and I want the western media to get off his back and let him do his job. He's pulling out these crazy radical shaikhs by the root, one by one. He's using religious figures to push for less religionism in his country, those who don't comply are being arrested, and somehow, some of the western media outlets aren't happy about it because it's brutal and against "free-speech".

I say free speech my ass, waiting for that country to find the "light" without such extreme measures is a ridiculous notion. This is what we've been waiting for, I wait for Mohammed Bin Salman to whip some more liberal values into his country. I hope his next assault is on the Burqa, but that dream might bring a religious revolution to his door steps

What a backward ass country. It's like they're still in living BC

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

SpokenTruth said:
Progress. It should always be applauded as it leads to more progress. It's a long road to go but at least they can drive it now.

And some of you guys are just being ignorant assholes. Do you not realize that? It amazes me how much you just don't give a damn about others.

Please tell us what we're being ignorant about.

Nice, now lesbians can drive to their stonings!

Around the Network
LadyJasmine said:
A good move but showcases Islams backward hold on the middle east as a flawed religion.

Islam help convey the rome era to barbaric midle ages, and rose from a barbaric dessewrt people to able conquare eroopean, asian, Indian, Persian etc etc. 

Nymeria said:
It is good news and hopefully leads to more and more reforms in coming years, maybe by 2050 Saudi Arabia will reach parity on rights between men and women (I'm an optim

There is no parities betwean woman and man, Man and woman is different , but they are equal. They have the same right, but it doesn't mean they are the same in every aspect. 

LurkerJ said:
I like this new Saudi Prince, and I want the western media to get off his back and let him do his job. He's pulling out these crazy radical shaikhs by the root, one by one. He's using religious figures to push for less religionism in his country, those who don't comply are being arrested, and somehow, some of the western media outlets aren't happy about it because it's brutal and against "free-speech".

I say free speech my ass, waiting for that country to find the "light" without such extreme measures is a ridiculous notion. This is what we've been waiting for, I wait for Mohammed Bin Salman to whip some more liberal values into his country. I hope his next assault is on the Burqa, but that dream might bring a religious revolution to his door steps

I agree to a certain degree, but you can only get so far with liberal values from a dictator. Saudi Arabia won't become a democracy any time soon...

Teeqoz said:
LurkerJ said:

I agree to a certain degree, but you can only get so far with liberal values from a dictator. Saudi Arabia won't become a democracy any time soon...

Saudi is the protector of two holly cities, and they are really strict with Islamic rule, because They are been entrusted by (in our faith) God , So every other Muslim country following them as the prime example of syaria law. They will not going to become a democracy country, or a secular. Because in Islam there is no democracy . There is only law govern by Qur'an and Hadiths (syaria) 

HollyGamer said:
Nymeria said:
It is good news and hopefully leads to more and more reforms in coming years, maybe by 2050 Saudi Arabia will reach parity on rights between men and women (I'm an optim

There is no parities betwean woman and man, Man and woman is different , but they are equal. They have the same right, but it doesn't mean they are the same in every aspect. 

par·i·ty1
ˈperədē/
noun

1. 1.
    the state or condition of being equal, especially regarding status or pay.
    "parity of incomes between rural workers and those in industrial occupations"
    synonyms: equality
In this context I meant parity as a synonym for equal.  I never stated that women and men are not different, I am well aware of sexual dimorphism. I stated they should both enjoy the same protections and rights within a given society.