By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Saudi Arabia's king issues order allowing women to drive

Aura7541 said:
Aeolus451 said:

In your opinion, spokentruth. In spite of your name, whatever you say or think is not the absolute truth or factual, It's an opinion. I don't give one fuck if you think someone is the biggest asshole in the world, it doesn't give you any justification to call them what you want.  A person has to have some kind of opinion that you don't like to get ya to think of them as an asshole, right? All you're doing is resorting to personal attacks with people you disagree with.

It's not just the ad hominem attacks, but also the moral grandstanding and presenting it as an argument (Hint: It isn't).

Those also. 

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:

Please tell us what we're being ignorant about.

Being ignorant about your own ignorance is typical.  It's further telling that only those actually being ignorant assholes are the ones that will question it.  Everyone else knows who I'm talking about.

RolStoppable said:

Seconded.

I too take great offense to being accused of being ignorant.

Good thing you weren't accused of it.

Typical of you - nothing to say. All you can do is attack people you don't agree with. It's very typical of hyper liberals who can't see the irony in their speech so I guess I shouldn't have expected any better.

SpokenTruth said:
Aeolus451 said:

In your opinion, spokentruth. In spite of your name, whatever you say or think is not the absolute truth or factual, It's an opinion. I don't give one fuck if you think someone is the biggest asshole in the world, it doesn't give you any justification to call them what you want.  A person has to have some kind of opinion that you don't like to get ya to think of them as an asshole, right? All you're doing is resorting to personal attacks with people you disagree with.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao Zedong, Pol Pot and Michael Bay are all assholes.

I was talking about calling people on the forum assholes for their opinion and not the likes of Hitler who killed alot of people. Why is Micheal Bay on your asshole list in comparison to the others? 

Talal said:
LurkerJ said:
I like this new Saudi Prince, and I want the western media to get off his back and let him do his job. He's pulling out these crazy radical shaikhs by the root, one by one. He's using religious figures to push for less religionism in his country, those who don't comply are being arrested, and somehow, some of the western media outlets aren't happy about it because it's brutal and against "free-speech".

I say free speech my ass, waiting for that country to find the "light" without such extreme measures is a ridiculous notion. This is what we've been waiting for, I wait for Mohammed Bin Salman to whip some more liberal values into his country. I hope his next assault is on the Burqa, but that dream might bring a religious revolution to his door steps

He really is doing so much. He stripped the "religious police" of all their powers. That was huge. Before him they had the authority to do whatever they wanted and arrest whomever they wanted. 

Maybe you mean the abaya? Because as I replied to another user earlier in the thread burqas are not mandatory. Women are only required to cover hair and body not their face. And honestly I don't think abayas will last that long. The country has already gotten so lenient on that; women are allowed to wear abayas with different colors and styles and some even show the waist etc. Before it was mandatory that it be black and not show body shape. You already see some women not covering their hair anymore because the religious police are gone.

Any chance he can pardon Raif Badawi now? 

LurkerJ said:
I like this new Saudi Prince, and I want the western media to get off his back and let him do his job. He's pulling out these crazy radical shaikhs by the root, one by one. He's using religious figures to push for less religionism in his country, those who don't comply are being arrested, and somehow, some of the western media outlets aren't happy about it because it's brutal and against "free-speech".

I say free speech my ass, waiting for that country to find the "light" without such extreme measures is a ridiculous notion. This is what we've been waiting for, I wait for Mohammed Bin Salman to whip some more liberal values into his country. I hope his next assault is on the Burqa, but that dream might bring a religious revolution to his door steps

lmao you are naive my friend. This is only for show because the walls are closing on them as a result of the QATAR fiasco and the blood bath in Yemen. The Sauds rule because of the Wahabi clerics and without them the dictator king and his minions would be out within months. 

Around the Network
X1Gates said:
LurkerJ said:

lmao you are naive my friend. This is only for show because the walls are closing on them as a result of the QATAR fiasco and the blood bath in Yemen. The Sauds rule because of the Wahabi clerics and without them the dictator king and his minions would be out within months. 

I don't think that's the case, Al Saud are probably looking at Sisi and how he's ruling Egypt without the help of religious figures and thought they could do the same.

The Wahabi clerics are hypocritical pussies and they can't speak about anything without getting a greenlight from Al Saud. I am sure the same ones who prohibited women from driving are the same ones who think it's ok to do so now. Unlike their followers, I don't believe for a second that these clerics believe what they preach. If they believed it, they would've already died in Jihad quest against one of their countless enemies. It's the followers and the common people who may have an issue with what Salman is doing right now, those can be shut down, one way or another, until the country is less anal as a whole.

SpokenTruth said:
Aeolus451 said:

I was talking about calling people on the forum assholes for their opinion and not the likes of Hitler who killed alot of people. Why is Micheal Bay on your asshole list in comparison to the others? 

You didn't say just the forums.  And have you seen anything by Michael Bay lately?  He's ruined Transformers, Ninja Turtles and foiseted upon the world Megan Fox and Shia LaBeouf.

Yeah I'm aware of him. I wouldn't put him on the same list as hitler or communists. 

SpokenTruth said:
Aeolus451 said:

Yeah I'm aware of him. I wouldn't put him on the same list as hitler or communists. 

But he's still an asshole.  Surely you cannot deny that?  Have you seen the latest Transformers movie?  The guy wanted the TMNT to be aliens, for crying out loud.  To say nothing of the fact he treats everyone on set like shit.  All of them are assholes.

I wouldn't call him an asshole for making a bad movie or for being a typical director in hollywood. If he got in an accident or ran someone over because he was drunk, I'd call him an asshole. 

And so it begins. Great news.

Lawlight said:
SpokenTruth said:

Being ignorant about your own ignorance is typical.  It's further telling that only those actually being ignorant assholes are the ones that will question it.  Everyone else knows who I'm talking about.

Good thing you weren't accused of it.

Typical of you - nothing to say. All you can do is attack people you don't agree with. It's very typical of hyper liberals who can't see the irony in their speech so I guess I shouldn't have expected any better.

I don't agree with SpokenTruth's statements, but you seriously gotta go 'hurr durr fucken liberals' in the majority of your comments? Aeolus didn't need to shoehorn in liberals, so you shouldn't need to make such retarded statements. It's not that difficult to criticize someone without generalizing millions of others.