By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad: Music conductor fired for making racist joke even though "victim" says no.

VGPolyglot said:
Well, I guess that answers my question: you are making this into a series. I guess this series is trying to make it seem as though those Marxists have somehow taken over society, right? Well, I guess this is something interest to discuss, but you and I come to very different conclusions. Vive le communisme et l'anarchisme !

How does this have anything to do with Marxists?  Do you mean in the "everything I don't like is cultural marxism" sense?

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
Lawlight said:

Don't you think it is important to highlight when the institutions in power act like complete idiots? There is an odd marriage between neoliberals and communists but I'm not saying these people are communists but they are definitely hard left liberals.

Btw, I forgot your stance on the Antifa. Would you remind me what it is?

I dont see any idiocy pointed out in any of your posts. This person was mocking southern accents by using them and paid the price. There are consequences to what you do. Also "hard left liberals" are just progressives amd we represent justice, fairness and people of all walks. So bad.

He's talking about a guy who made a joke to a friend and people flipping their shit over it. That's idiotic. I swear progressives live off of hysteria or outrage.

To that bolded bit, that's false and just a marketing slogan. The name of it is like that too. In reality, progressives only represent their ideology/themselves and create more division among people by labeling everything and pushing asinine concepts like cultural appropriation. That doesn't sound like something that represents or cares about justice, fairness or people of all walks. 

It is a totalitarian nightmare that is slowly emerging and getting stronger by the day. Bit by bit they stripped away our liberties, values that made us individuals. We were forced to conform and we were turned into slaves. Never question, just obey. To think against the norm or to have any critical opinion would be dealt with harshly. Never question, just obey!

Doesn't this ever get tiring to you?
Every other day you seem to post a story to rile people up and get everyone arguing over nothing.

In this case you reported a story omitting the fact that the reason of the firing being over a racial joke is no more than guesswork on the part of Reginald Mobley.
As for Matthew Halls, the University said Mobley's report was "incorrect", and gave him $90000 for his troubles. Guy seems like he's going to be fine.
Not exactly world going mad stuff.

However the particular story is irrelevant, what I find troubling is the trend of posting misinformed, incomplete or not up to date stories for the purpose of ragebait, on what is ostensibly a gaming forum.
These "stories" again mostly function as a reaction to non-existant "SJWs" backlash, and only foments anger as no actual discussion is taking place in the real world.
This only makes the forums look unfriendly and bent on "fighting the feminist/leftist/marxist agenda", which aren't exactly hallmarks of quality or of worthwhile discussion.
The forums would be better if you stopped using them as a place to dump your poor excuses to rail on "SJWs" and other strawmen.

Tulipanzo said:
Doesn't this ever get tiring to you?
Every other day you seem to post a story to rile people up and get everyone arguing over nothing.

In this case you reported a story omitting the fact that the reason of the firing being over a racial joke is no more than guesswork on the part of Reginald Mobley.
As for Matthew Halls, the University said Mobley's report was "incorrect", and gave him $90000 for his troubles. Guy seems like he's going to be fine.
Not exactly world going mad stuff.

However the particular story is irrelevant, what I find troubling is the trend of posting misinformed, incomplete or not up to date stories for the purpose of ragebait, on what is ostensibly a gaming forum.
These "stories" again mostly function as a reaction to non-existant "SJWs" backlash, and only foments anger as no actual discussion is taking place in the real world.
This only makes the forums look unfriendly and bent on "fighting the feminist/leftist/marxist agenda", which aren't exactly hallmarks of quality or of worthwhile discussion.
The forums would be better if you stopped using them as a place to dump your poor excuses to rail on "SJWs" and other strawmen.

Lawlight ignores facts to specifically make liberals seem bad??? The horror!

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
contestgamer said:

I dont see any idiocy pointed out in any of your posts. This person was mocking southern accents by using them and paid the price. There are consequences to what you do. Also "hard left liberals" are just progressives amd we represent justice, fairness and people of all walks. So bad.

So one friend mocking another in one case because of British accent and the other because of southern accent deserve to be demissed? Gotcha, plenty of justice and fairness.

What they did is normnalizing racism. A real racist could not make fun of accents under the guise that these "non racists" did it. I'm for equality and fairness - if someone can't do it, then no one can do it.

Aeolus451 said:
contestgamer said:

He's talking about a guy who made a joke to a friend and people flipping their shit over it. That's idiotic. I swear progressives live off of hysteria or outrage.

To that bolded bit, that's false and just a marketing slogan. The name of it is like that too. In reality, progressives only represent their ideology/themselves and create more division among people by labeling everything and pushing asinine concepts like cultural appropriation. That doesn't sound like something that represents or cares about justice, fairness or people of all walks. 

Cultural appropriation does represent juistice and fainess. Don't hijack other peoples cultures. It's a simple rule. It's not divisive, it's anti-divisive. The only people that consider it divisive are racists who want to destroy other cultures by mixing them with their own.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
It is a totalitarian nightmare that is slowly emerging and getting stronger by the day. Bit by bit they stripped away our liberties, values that made us individuals. We were forced to conform and we were turned into slaves. Never question, just obey. To think against the norm or to have any critical opinion would be dealt with harshly. Never question, just obey!

sounds a lot like hysteria and outrage

are you a progressive ? aeolus said in the post above yours, that progressives live off hysteria and outrage

VAMatt said:
VGPolyglot said:
Well, I guess that answers my question: you are making this into a series. I guess this series is trying to make it seem as though those Marxists have somehow taken over society, right? Well, I guess this is something interest to discuss, but you and I come to very different conclusions. Vive le communisme et l'anarchisme !

How does this have anything to do with Marxists?  Do you mean in the "everything I don't like is cultural marxism" sense?

It doesn't. I was parodying those who say that (like Stefan Molyneux and the like).

Miguel_Zorro said:
VGPolyglot said:

That's not very flattering to Marxists. 

That's not flattering to communists of any kind. This red thinks so... 

Seriously, what the hell is up? I did participate in a party where I did blackface by bathing in oil... Does that mean I am racist even though I have too many black friends to count in one hand and they were the ones who organized said event? 

Or should I point out one of those involved was also a Shia and we are still close?