5 35 4.40%

4 15 1.89%

3 13 1.64%

2 3 0.38%

1 18 2.26%

Total:795
Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

Was i wrong calling W2 a port? Well, you could say yes, because the game hasn't been released; you could say maybe, because no one knows if the game is actually in development. If it isn't, it's just another port, even if they announced it before starting development.
Still, it doesn't change the big picture because when the game is actually out, it will be like Doom and Skyrim: out after the original game was released.

"and if some people really want portable mode they will be will to pay more for that option."
Funny is how people complain a lot about that price difference when X console gets a late port, but to you it seems like almost insignificant.
If the game releases at 60$, that's really a 40$ difference. Not to mention of second hand market!
Yes, handhelds were never able to bring console like games... visually. But the experience was there. Specially on Vita.
If Switch can make those console like games portable... well, i doubt people will overlook the consequences of "portable mode" and being able to only play for a few hours on the go.

Switch was sold as a home console experience that you can also take on go. And people went bananas for that.
What the poll shows is that despite that "new" possiblity, gamers still feel like the best experience is found at home.
Which means that the portability is limited because it didn't really change how people want to play - or where they want to play.

I only gave you the quote to show you that merging divisions was not because they wanted to streamline SW production.
The quote showed that intent and also showed that they operated like that in the past.
If they changed their strategy after, is another story. And truth be told, Nintendo hasn't said anything regarding the future of the handheld market and if it will use Switch's library or have one of it's own.

"that killer concept, killer apps and killer marketing will keep selling console in 2018."
I never implied that because that much is obvious. The problem is that, as time goes by, that "appeal" (both concept and game appeal) will lose strength. Specially on the game side.
You keep bringing up games as fact to support your views, but that's all speculation. You can't assume those games will arrive in 2018.

Any library grows over time. Even Wii U had a growing library. It "just" missed the big games to make it take off.

If in 2018 and 2019, Switch can't, at least in terms of games, have high caliber games like they did in 2017, it's only natural that they lose some market appeal.
You can bet that everyone will be comparing 2018's big names with 2017's big names. 

"Wiis huge power and tehnical gap compared to PS3/Xbox360 and Wii Remote motions controls are definatly one of main rasons why Wii didnt got more 3rd party ports from PS3/Xbox360"
There's no denying that it was.
Yet, besides such difficulties, we saw some big names being ported.

If Activision made money, yes, they probably made a lot of money with World at War. But that's not the issue: when CoD can't even reach 2m units sold (the following CoD games sold even less) than, what chance did other smaller franchises had on Wii?
Can you blame devs not trying enough when a game in the CoD franchises sells so low and mini-games sell way more?

"Again, you dont have any reason to doubt their ability to keep momentum in 2018"
You might accept as fact your speculation (Pokemon, A Crossing, Retro's game, etc..), but i don't. I still haven't seen enough games nor have i seen Nintendo announcing one of it's heavyweights for 2018.
When that happens we can talk again.

"We will getting new 3rd party announcement despite sales of those games"
Do you really believe that 3rd parties will ignore sales of those games? On a Nintendo console?
You do realise that even if they make money on Switch, it has to be significantly high so that they keep allocating more resources and money to a console like Switch, instead of using those resources and money in 2 already proven consoles, that just happen to be where they make the big bucks?

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

Was i wrong calling W2 a port? Well, you could say yes, because the game hasn't been released; you could say maybe, because no one knows if the game is actually in development. If it isn't, it's just another port, even if they announced it before starting development.
Still, it doesn't change the big picture because when the game is actually out, it will be like Doom and Skyrim: out after the original game was released.

"and if some people really want portable mode they will be will to pay more for that option."
Funny is how people complain a lot about that price difference when X console gets a late port, but to you it seems like almost insignificant.
If the game releases at 60$, that's really a 40$ difference. Not to mention of second hand market!
Yes, handhelds were never able to bring console like games... visually. But the experience was there. Specially on Vita.
If Switch can make those console like games portable... well, i doubt people will overlook the consequences of "portable mode" and being able to only play for a few hours on the go.

Switch was sold as a home console experience that you can also take on go. And people went bananas for that.
What the poll shows is that despite that "new" possiblity, gamers still feel like the best experience is found at home.
Which means that the portability is limited because it didn't really change how people want to play - or where they want to play.

I only gave you the quote to show you that merging divisions was not because they wanted to streamline SW production.
The quote showed that intent and also showed that they operated like that in the past.
If they changed their strategy after, is another story. And truth be told, Nintendo hasn't said anything regarding the future of the handheld market and if it will use Switch's library or have one of it's own.

"that killer concept, killer apps and killer marketing will keep selling console in 2018."
I never implied that because that much is obvious. The problem is that, as time goes by, that "appeal" (both concept and game appeal) will lose strength. Specially on the game side.
You keep bringing up games as fact to support your views, but that's all speculation. You can't assume those games will arrive in 2018.

Any library grows over time. Even Wii U had a growing library. It "just" missed the big games to make it take off.
If in 2018 and 2019, Switch can't, at least in terms of games, have high caliber games like they did in 2017, it's only natural that they lose some market appeal.
You can bet that everyone will be comparing 2018's big names with 2017's big names. 

"Wiis huge power and tehnical gap compared to PS3/Xbox360 and Wii Remote motions controls are definatly one of main rasons why Wii didnt got more 3rd party ports from PS3/Xbox360"
There's no denying that it was.
Yet, besides such difficulties, we saw some big names being ported.

If Activision made money, yes, they probably made a lot of money with World at War. But that's not the issue: when CoD can't even reach 2m units sold (the following CoD games sold even less) than, what chance did other smaller franchises had on Wii?
Can you blame devs not trying enough when a game in the CoD franchises sells so low and mini-games sell way more?

"Again, you dont have any reason to doubt their ability to keep momentum in 2018"
You might accept as fact your speculation (Pokemon, A Crossing, Retro's game, etc..), but i don't. I still haven't seen enough games nor have i seen Nintendo announcing one of it's heavyweights for 2018.
When that happens we can talk again.

"We will getting new 3rd party announcement despite sales of those games"
Do you really believe that 3rd parties will ignore sales of those games? On a Nintendo console?
You do realise that even if they make money on Switch, it has to be significantly high so that they keep allocating more resources and money to a console like Switch, instead of using those resources and money in 2 already proven consoles, that just happen to be where they make the big bucks?

I already wrote, you said that is announcement of port (same like Doom), and fact is that is announcement of new game, that's a fact.

Again, evre AAA game has $60 on launch, it will be cheaper on Switch also later. No, again you didn't had experience of AAA full home console game on handheld before, again on Vita you had only few, dumb down, semi-AAA games, but not full AAA home console games like Switch is getting. Again, full handheld mode is game changer for some people and thats a fact. You seeing even here, people are exatied that will play full Skyrim or Doom in full handheld mode.

What is best experience and where you using Switch are totally two totally different things, of course that most people will use Switch at home because most people spending their time at home. But playing at home and playing only on TV are not same things like I already wrote, you dont know how users are using they Switch at home. Also, most people are using their Switch at home, but you can bet that for some people fact that they can take Switch everywhere they want and play it everywhere, anywhere and any time they want is game changer.

I just gave you quote where Iwata was talking about plans and possibility of unified platform and something similar to Switch even 4 years ago.

Great concept and huge system seller games from 2017. and marketing will not loose strength, just one year after launch. Lol, offcourse that I can assume taht Nintendo will have hevi hiters in 2018. also when fact is that and you know that 3DS and even Wii U also had hevi hitters in second year also, and of course that Switch also have them, especially when we know that all Nintendo big projects are in development for Switch for quite time now, so Switch actually can have better and stronger support in second year compared to 3DS or especially Wii U.

Eh, Wii U started losing 3rd party support only few months after launch, and Wii U started to receive image of failure on market. Again (this become long time ridiculous, you totally ignoring clear fact that I writing), Switch doesnt need to have as strong or stronger 2018. compared to 2017. to continue momentum, espacily when fact that Nintendo cant keep up with deamand in 2017. and actualy Switch will probably sell more in 2018. than it will in 2017. It's actually very hard to top Switch 2017. in terms of very strong Nintendo games, we talking about probably best launch year for any Nintendo hardware, but Nintendo will definitely have some other big system seller games that will continue momentum. Even Wii had huge sytem seller in 1st year like Wii Sports, Zelda TP and Mario Galaxy. And again, games are only one reaasons why Switch is selling great, great concept and great marketing are difrent reasons, and Switch will have those things in 2018. also with some other big system seller games along already realsed game this year.

Yes, we saw some big names, but only few, others did not wanted even try to bother with very underpowered Wii hardware and Motion controls. Why Switch is geting 3 Bethesda games while they didnt had anuthing similar for Wii, why Wii U did had Batman, Mass Effect, AC, Darksiders...on launch while Wii didtnt despite much bigger instal base, beacuse it was easier to port those games to Wii U that had similar power like PS3/Xbox360 than offcourse for Wii. Again its not point about selling 2, 3 or 4m, they could sell even 500k and make profitif porting is not complicated and expensive offocurse.

And again,  Lol, offcourse that I can assume taht Nintendo will have hevi hiters in 2018. also when fact is that and you know that 3DS and even Wii U also had hevi hitters in second year also, and of course that Switch also have them, especially when we know that all Nintendo big projects are in development for Switch for quite time now, so Switch actually can have better and stronger support in second year compared to 3DS or especially Wii U.

Sales of few games will not detrimen long time support of platform on market that will be very successful. You do realise that profit is profit regardless resources and time spent, if they make profit it doesnt matter how much resources and time they spend on porting, because goal is profit of course. And 3rd parties offcourse will love to have another successful platform with growing instal base for which they can easily and without huge expansives port existing or games that they would make in any case and make profit.

Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

You do realise that it's not the announcement that magically makes the game a port or a multiplatform title, right?
What makes the difference is the start of developemnt - and if it is the same as the other versions or not.

But for the sake of argument, let's assume they actually started developing the Switch version at the same time as PS4/XB1; I won't even question why it's releasing this October, if that were the case.
Let's imagine the game comes out in March. By that time, the game is 4-5 months old.
Now, you can hold on the the fact that it was announced for Switch before October The thing is, when it comes out, the effect is the same (like for every other port): the original versions are already in the market for some time, they are probably less expensive by now and most likely, the bulk of the sales have already been made.

Ignore this if you want. But at the end of the day, it's the same as a port.

"Again, evre AAA game has $60 on launch, it will be cheaper on Switch also later"
This is not relevant.
The dumb down part that you speak of was mostly about graphics.
For example, i played 2 Uncharted games on PS3 and the one on Vita. The difference? Just that the PS3 games were better.

Even if the "experience" isn't 100% AAA console like game, trust me, you had the next best thing. So much, that, if Vita had done better, that argument wouldn't be as strong as you make it to be.

Also, you seem to forget that the portable mode offers an inferior version.

"What is best experience and where you using Switch are totally two totally different things"
It's true. But, it's also true that despite being able to play anywhere, that aspect of Switch didn't really change gamers' tastes - at least, so far.
In other words, despite the hype of being able to take your console like games with you everywhere, at the end of the day, people still prefer to play at home.
If this continues, what you'll hear a few years from now is that Switch had a great concept, but people still prefer the same old ways: playing at home.

"Great concept and huge system seller games from 2017. and marketing will not loose strength, just one year after launch"
You seem to forget that people don't buy marketing, nor do they buy consoles to have them in the box. If the games (both in diversity and heavy hitters) aren't there, people will start losing interest.
Why do you think Sony, despite outselling XB1 by 2:1, still tries to bring the very best games and deals to PS4?

"offcourse that I can assume taht Nintendo will have hevi hiters in 2018"
I can assume that too, but that's not what i said.
I said you can't assume that those unannounced games are coming in 2018. You even used the same examples twice.

"It's actually very hard to top Switch 2017"
Bingo!
That's what i have been saying all this time.
Now, how do you think people will react if Nintendo can't do that? 
Losing steam will cause less excitement. That's obvious, i think.

And speaking of these awesome projects coming... remember when Nintendo stopped supporting Wii and DS in their last years and everyone thought that it was because of the upcoming 3DS - and then the Wii U?
Unfortunately, not releasing games was not equal to having an avalanche of games for the next console.
Funny thing is, in it's first 10 months, Wii U had 5 original Nintendo games and Switch had 5 original games, aswell.

"Switch actually can have better and stronger support in second year compared to 3DS or especially Wii U"
  Better support? Are you sure?
Zelda, MK, 3D Mario and Splatoon in 2017. What's left to use on Switch in the coming yeas: Pokemon, Animal Crossing, 2D Mario, Smash.
These are system sellers Nintendo has and half of them were used in 10 months.

"Yes, we saw some big names, but only few, others did not wanted even try to bother with very underpowered Wii hardware and Motion controls."
Because they were so rich that they didn't care...
Who cares that the best selling franchise couldn't even sell 2m on the best selling console, right? That clearly wasn't a BIG sign to the other developers...
"Why Switch is geting 3 Bethesda games while they didnt had anuthing similar for Wii"
Maybe because Nintendo finally stepped up their game or even payed for those games? Read this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-03-bethesda-the-time-for-convincing-publishers-and-developers-to-support-wii-u-has-long-past

Wii U "had" more support because it was the successor to the Wii and Nintendo promised to go after the core gamer. 
Didn't work, but that was the PR speech back then.

"Again its not point about selling 2, 3 or 4m, they could sell even 500k and make profitif porting is not complicated and expensive offocurse."
Miyamotoo, with all due respect, you clearly don't understand how this industry works if you think that developers think the way you do.

"Sales of few games will not detrimen long time support of platform on market that will be very successful"
Yes, Nintendo's consoles were always known to be a thriving market for 3rd parties...
Of course it's going to matter how they sell. 3rd parties aren't supporting Switch out of the goodness of their hearts. Either it's a viable market for them or they won't be there (they have the other consoles that could easily benefit from their resources and make them more money).

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

You do realise that it's not the announcement that magically makes the game a port or a multiplatform title, right?
What makes the difference is the start of developemnt - and if it is the same as the other versions or not.
But for the sake of argument, let's assume they actually started developing the Switch version at the same time as PS4/XB1; I won't even question why it's releasing this October, if that were the case.
Let's imagine the game comes out in March. By that time, the game is 4-5 months old.
Now, you can hold on the the fact that it was announced for Switch before October The thing is, when it comes out, the effect is the same (like for every other port): the original versions are already in the market for some time, they are probably less expensive by now and most likely, the bulk of the sales have already been made.Ignore this if you want. But at the end of the day, it's the same as a port.

"Again, evre AAA game has $60 on launch, it will be cheaper on Switch also later"
This is not relevant.
The dumb down part that you speak of was mostly about graphics.
For example, i played 2 Uncharted games on PS3 and the one on Vita. The difference? Just that the PS3 games were better. Even if the "experience" isn't 100% AAA console like game, trust me, you had the next best thing. So much, that, if Vita had done better, that argument wouldn't be as strong as you make it to be. Also, you seem to forget that the portable mode offers an inferior version.

"What is best experience and where you using Switch are totally two totally different things"
It's true. But, it's also true that despite being able to play anywhere, that aspect of Switch didn't really change gamers' tastes - at least, so far.
In other words, despite the hype of being able to take your console like games with you everywhere, at the end of the day, people still prefer to play at home.
If this continues, what you'll hear a few years from now is that Switch had a great concept, but people still prefer the same old ways: playing at home.

"Great concept and huge system seller games from 2017. and marketing will not loose strength, just one year after launch"
You seem to forget that people don't buy marketing, nor do they buy consoles to have them in the box. If the games (both in diversity and heavy hitters) aren't there, people will start losing interest.
Why do you think Sony, despite outselling XB1 by 2:1, still tries to bring the very best games and deals to PS4?

"offcourse that I can assume taht Nintendo will have hevi hiters in 2018"
I can assume that too, but that's not what i said.
I said you can't assume that those unannounced games are coming in 2018. You even used the same examples twice.
"It's actually very hard to top Switch 2017"
Bingo!
That's what i have been saying all this time.
Now, how do you think people will react if Nintendo can't do that? 
Losing steam will cause less excitement. That's obvious, i think.

And speaking of these awesome projects coming... remember when Nintendo stopped supporting Wii and DS in their last years and everyone thought that it was because of the upcoming 3DS - and then the Wii U?
Unfortunately, not releasing games was not equal to having an avalanche of games for the next console.
Funny thing is, in it's first 10 months, Wii U had 5 original Nintendo games and Switch had 5 original games, aswell.

"Switch actually can have better and stronger support in second year compared to 3DS or especially Wii U"
  Better support? Are you sure?
Zelda, MK, 3D Mario and Splatoon in 2017. What's left to use on Switch in the coming yeas: Pokemon, Animal Crossing, 2D Mario, Smash.
These are system sellers Nintendo has and half of them were used in 10 months.

"Yes, we saw some big names, but only few, others did not wanted even try to bother with very underpowered Wii hardware and Motion controls."
Because they were so rich that they didn't care...
Who cares that the best selling franchise couldn't even sell 2m on the best selling console, right? That clearly wasn't a BIG sign to the other developers...
"Why Switch is geting 3 Bethesda games while they didnt had anuthing similar for Wii"
Maybe because Nintendo finally stepped up their game or even payed for those games? Read this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-03-bethesda-the-time-for-convincing-publishers-and-developers-to-support-wii-u-has-long-past

Wii U "had" more support because it was the successor to the Wii and Nintendo promised to go after the core gamer. 
Didn't work, but that was the PR speech back then.

"Again its not point about selling 2, 3 or 4m, they could sell even 500k and make profitif porting is not complicated and expensive offocurse."
Miyamotoo, with all due respect, you clearly don't understand how this industry works if you think that developers think the way you do.
"Sales of few games will not detrimen long time support of platform on market that will be very successful"
Yes, Nintendo's consoles were always known to be a thriving market for 3rd parties...
Of course it's going to matter how they sell. 3rd parties aren't supporting Switch out of the goodness of their hearts. Either it's a viable market for them or they won't be there (they have the other consoles that could easily benefit from their resources and make them more money).

You clearly ignoring obvious facts or stronge points that I writing, and you wrong obviously things that are not true, and I am continue forced to wrote same things, and to dispreove obvously things that you wrong, so I really don't see any reason any more to make conversation with you, so this is my last reply to you.

Lol, again its was point just about anancument, and fact is that game was announced for Switch before was launched compared to Doom. So yes, you were wrong, it was announcement of some old port like Doom.

Its not only about graphics, its point about hole game, Switch AAA games relly are full AAA home console games that in case of 3rd party games have downgraded graphics compared to PS4 (Skyrim and Doom on Switch will be same like that on PS4 with downgraded graphics), on other hand Vita big games in most cases are specifkly made from ground for Vita they are not ports of PS3/Xbox360 games, CoD for Vita is not like CoD for PS3, same goes for Assassin's Creed, or Uncharted and God Of War, and offcourse they are not full AAA home console games like CoD on PS3, AC on PS3 or Uncharted on PS3. Uncharted PS3 games were full home console AAA games, Uncharted for Vita isnt, its mobile version of Uncharted, and that's a fact. Same like fact is that Zelda BoTW is full AAA home console game, while ALBW on 3DS wasn't. If you really don't see difference I can't help you. And actually one of biggest reason why Vita failed compared to 3DS are actually lack of huge system seller games (no biggest reason for owning console), Vita for hole life have them few, Switch in 9 monts will have more AAA games. Games on small screen look better than they look at TV, game will look better on 6.2" 720p screen (even with someone downgrades) compared to same game that runs at 1080p on TV, most of Switch games look better on Switch screen compared to TV.

You don't know that, like Nintendo marketing Switch, full home console experience on the go, that you can play any time, any where and with anyone. Again you can do all that at home outside TV, fact that huge number of people requesting some AAA 3rd party ports because they want to play them in full handheld mode proves that Switch concept is success. You assume that playing at home with Switch means playing at TV, but that's not true, and like I already wrote, fact is that even full handheld consoles like Vita and 3DS people are using mostly at home, because of course most people is spending time at home and they have most time for playing when they are at home. So, no people will not say that for Switch concept, because people will of course using full handheld mode for Switch even if they mostly play at home.

Lol, but Switch will have huge system seller games in next year too, and some people will buy Switch even beacuse multipaltform games that can be played in full handheld mode, and this years system seller games will be selling Switch hardware even next year because not every person who wants Switch will not be able to buy Switch this year, and of course some are waiting just few more games to decide to buy Switch. With good marketing you much easier sell console that has great concept and great games. PS4 is selling better than XB1 simply because offers only home console experience like XB1 but better for same price, Switch is totally different to PS4/XB1.

I used those examples because they are very posible for Switch in 2018. and I am sure that some of those games will come in 2018. on Switch. Lol, people are very aware that 1st year for Switch is probably best 1st year line up for any Nintendo console, and of course they don't expect that Switch will have same second year, but also they expecting and know that Nintendo will have strong 2018. regardless 2017. and that Nintendo will have some other big system seller games. Actualy you are probably only person of fourm thats "woried" about 2018. Switch linuep. But that doesn't mean that Switch will loose steam, games are not only thing that is selling Switch currently, and fact is that Switch is still supply constrained, so actually Switch will probably sell better next year compared to this one.

But Switch is alredy launched and it having killer 1st year, and thats one of biggest difference, Nintendo were preparing 3DS launch and Wii U launch in same time and they failed with both, with Switch they were preparing just one. How many original games what console had in 1st year doesn't really matter (especially when Wii U had very limited instal base, and we actually know for Switch line for 1st 10 months not hole year), its matter how strong is hole line up and that Switch doesn't have any droughts.

Yes I am sure, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, 2D Mario, Smash. Bros, Retros Project (what ever it is, its definatly big AAA project), Fire Emblem, some new WiiU/Wii remaster, some new IP, some 3rd party exclusive...we cant know for sure but defiantly some of those games, so Nintendo definitely will keep up momentum buy releasing big and strong games in 2018. Also, if Nintendo relly has some problem with 2018. Switch linuep, they would easily delayed some of 2017. games beacuse we know how much 2017. is strong, in that case for instance they would easily delyed Xenoblade 2 in 2018. we know that Nintendo done those things before. 

For other developers porting to Wii wasn't worth effort, for others that had some of biggest IPs that always have great sales, it paid off, Wii actually had some biggest IPs in gaming, CoD, Fifa, Madden, NBA, NFS, Sonic, Lego, Resident Evil..  But thats point, Nintendo finally have hardware and tools thats easy to work with and to port for, and thats one of examples how Nintendo was more active to bring 3rd parties to Switch compared to Wii U and Wii.

You can bet that if Wii U again had very underpowered hardware compared to PS3/Xbox360 3rd party support that Wii U got on launch would be much less. Fact that Wii U had similar power (actualy bigger) to PS3/Xbox360 means that porting is easier compared to porting PS3/Xbox360 game to Wii.

Gaming industry, like every other industry, thinks only about profit, and that's fact. Again, 3rd party games could easily have beter sales compared to Wii and Wii U beacuse full handheld mode that games are offer compared to PS4/XB1. So you want to say devs are porting games to Swtich beacsue of profit!? :D  Again, sales of few games will not detrimen long time support of platform on market that will be very successful, because they will not ignoring successful platform (thats easy to work and port for) on which they can make money only because one game didn't sell well. Again, if they make profit it doesnt matter how much resources and time they spend on porting, because goal is profit of course. And 3rd parties offcourse will love to have another successful platform with growing instal base for which they can easily and without huge expansives port existing or games that they would make in any case and make profit.

So like I wrote to you, I will not reply any more, but I know what will be next: in next few monts (inluding January) we will get Q1/Spring Switch linuep, than you will said "ok, but what about rest of year linuep", then we will get E3 and offcourse foccus will again be mostly on games that will come untily years end, and you will again say "ok, but what about 2019. lineup", and so on :D, point is than you will still refuse to accept very obvious and truth.