5 35 4.40%

4 15 1.89%

3 13 1.64%

2 3 0.38%

1 18 2.26%

Total:795
bigtakilla said:
sc94597 said:

I think you are being too generous to past Xeno titles to be honest. All Xeno titles (from Xenogears until Xenoblade Chronicles X) have had some pretty bad voice-acting. The exception was Xenoblade Chronicles, but even Shulk's "fiooooraaaaaaaaaaa" gave me a few eye-rolls now and then, and I played the game mostly on the Japanese dub because of it. If I heard "fiooooraaaaa" out of context I probably would've felt the same as you do now with the voices in this trailer. Bad dubs are standard fare in JRPG's, and the worst of Xenoblade 2 are average for the JRPG genre, and the better ones above-average. 

The graphics are technically more impressive than anything Monolith Soft has worked on, besides Breath of the Wild. This is clear even with the low quality images/videos we have to work with. The environments are just as large an expansive as anything in Chronicles or X, except it takes the world design of Chronicles (separate zones) rather than X(seamless open-world.) That it isn't pushing the Switch likely has more to do with its quick release than anything. I personally am fine with the graphics, and would prefer the game release two years sooner as it is, than Monolith Soft wasting time on building a new Switch optimized game engine. Especially since I suspect that they'll be working on XCX2 after this for the Switch. One of the reasons why Xenoblade Chronicles X took so long was because they had to build their propreitary engine, which they are now using for Xenoblade 2 (and other sequels.) Nevertheless, there are quite a few upgrades over X and the game just had a visual boost since E3, so they are definitely not done optimizing. 

I am personally not bothered by the art-style. The battle animations seem pretty standard fare for a Xenoblade game. Since it isn't an action-RPG I don't prioritize it as much. 

What I care about in a Xenoblade game, first and foremost, is the story, then the exploration/music, then the battle system. So far all of those are constants from X, it seems. 

I guess my expectations weren't as high as yours. The Switch (in handheld mode) is a marginal upgrade over the Wii U. One shouldn't have expected a Xenoblade --> Xenoblade Chronicles X level of difference in how the game looks and plays, and what gains we do see are consistent with what the Switch is with respect to the Wii U. 

Essentially, I guess not, or my expectations were too high. The original Blade and X had spoiled me and this was just not going to live up to the task. I would also prefer they get on with X, and would rather them push this out and really spend the time perfecting there new grand space epic, which hopefully they are doing as I know they got a new game coming out, but they have also expanded a lot, so time will tell. As for the voice acting, I even linked where Xenosaga 2 was notorious for having terrible voice acting. However, Blade (original) may have had a iffy line or two, but was mostly rock solid, same as X. Gears barely had any voice acting, so it gets a pass.

As far as graphics, I would say Odyssey also trumps it, as well as Splatoon 2. It just seems like a lower rung from where X had left us. as far as animations, their run animations are not that pleasant to look at, lol. 

One thing that is not a constant from Blade or X seems to be armor customizations. And let's face it that sucks. Even if your fine with the outfits, that's essentially an option taken away from us. But who knows, someone said they seen an icon that may just be an armor shop. I really doubt it though as they haven't shown a different piece of armor yet with a few actual playthroughs under the belt. Time will tell. 

Voice acting here is, imo, fine.  Not winning any awards but seems fine.  It's better than, say, Bravely Default.  But if you don't care for it, fine.

On the graphics though, you are objectively wrong :P.  On a technical level.  If you prefer the aesthetics of those, that's ok.  But on a technical level, XC2 is more impressive than either one.  Especially Splatoon 2.  In this latest footage nearly all the technical hiccups from E3 seem fixed.  Shadow draw distance is much better, gheir new grass approach is completely ironed out.  The lighting, polygonal density of the scenes, texture quality, all are better than XCX.  The animations seem deliberately similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 1 as opposed to X.  

There seems to ba a cosmetics option of some kind, we'll see.  I wouldn'tbe crushed, other RPGs I love don't vive you costmetic options but I do like armor customization.

Around the Network
DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

Again, clear fact is that Wolfenstein 2 announcement is announcement of new game, not announcement of port/remaster of some old game, fact that will come later to Switch doesnt change that fact.

Actual history tells us that only console that started strong and failed is Sega Dreamcast, but that much more has with that how Sega didn't had any money to continue supporting Dreamcast than anything else. Switch actually started stronger than Dreamcast and we know that Nintendo is full of money. If Switch has great 1st year, there are very high chances that will have strong other years, because Switch with every new game is becoming more and more attractive platform, also again, it's much easier to continue momentum than need to save platform. And Switch is becoming only platform that Nintendo will suport, so you dont have any reason to suspect they will drop Switch succes. We actualy seeing that contine great sales of Switch and raising of Switch instal base direclty means better 3rd party support, how time is passing we will have more and more 3rd party support, and definitely much more 3rd party anancument for next year then we had this, because plenty of 3rd party with Switchafter Wii U taked "wait and see aprouch".

Those game will sell OK because they have extra value and offer full handheld mode compared to PS4/XB1/PC version of games, and thats why for instance Bethesda is relasing Skyrim, Doom and Wolfenstein 2.

Again, it can only be strange if you totally ignoring what Nintendo is doing in recent times and espacily with Switch, where they are focusing on games that will be out soon.

"fact that will come later to Switch doesnt change that fact." In terms of sales it doesn't change the big picture. Why? Because most of it's sales will be done on the available versins.
When the Switch version arrives, it won't matter if it was announced after or before the game came out. What will matters is: who else is there that hasn't got the game? This is the problem with getting a late port.

You could also use the PS3's start to show that being 3rd at the beggining of your lifecycle, doesn't mean you'll be stuck there.
Or, from another point of view. XB360 was for most of it's lifetime, ahead of the PS3, yet, it lost that position.
So, i say that, it doesn't really matter how you start. What matters is how you keep momentum or even increase it.
"And Switch is becoming only platform that Nintendo will suport, so you dont have any reason to suspect they will drop Switch succes."
First, you are assuming that there's no 3DS successor in the works, as of now, or that they won't start developing games for it in 2018, for example.

Second, assuming that they will only Switch to support in the coming years... there's two things that need to be said about it: a) it's not just a matter of quantity. You also need to create/bring system sellers, otherwise you risk increasing your userbase by a little (mostly giving your current users what to buy, instead of strongly creating more consumers);  b) rumor has it that Nintendo is now focusing more on big games. Which could lead to not so many games, as we both expect.

"raising of Switch instal base direclty means better 3rd party support"
Wii did that. Did it get better 3rd party support? No.
What will count is who Switch's userbase is: is it your old Nintendo fans who don't really care about 3rd party games or is it being made of Sony and MS owners  - who are willing to buy an "inferior" version for the sake of portability.
Only time will tell and that is why i said Switch's biggest tests are still to come.

Even if they have extra value (Fifa 18 is actually missing content, btw) and offer portability, not everyone is willing to rebuy the game or buy it on Switch instead of PS4/XB1, just because it's portable. It's adds a great value to the Switch version, but...

You're still not getting Miyamotoo.
Revealing your January, February and March games first - than those coming in Spring - in no way invalidates Nintendo's way of announcing games for the short term or long term.
It's about them revealing, for example, a March/April game, and not a January or February game.
In other words, it's the order of announcements for the short term period that i found strange.

I meant fact that's announcement of new game in any case. Again, full handheld mode for 3rd party ports gave to those game hole new dimension, some people would easily do double dip or even wait Switch version in order to play those game in full handheld mode. We already saw here some people that wrote that wanted PS4 version of Wolfenstein 2 but they will wait for Switch version. For instance you already have people that have Skyrim on PS4 or even PS3, but again some of those people will buy that game on Switch, because they will have game they will able to play everywhere they want. You will mainle have two dirent type of people that will buy multiplatform games on Switch, people who want to play those game on the go in full handheld mode and people who don't have other platforms to play those games.

Totaly difrent things, PS3 had slow start becuse very high price, after price cuts PS3 started selling. Xbox360 lost postion beacuse MS slowed down with support while Sony actualy gave huge suport to PS3 basicly until PS4 didnt arived. You could say something similar for Wii, when Nintendo slowed down and stoped suporting Wii, Wii stoped to sell. But all those cases are difrent from what we are saying, offcourse that Nintendo will not stop suporting Switch in 2018. But again, those totally different things, it's much easier to keep momentum than try to save platform. Again, you dont have any reason to suspect that Switch will lose momentum in 2018.There is zero sense to release 3DS successor that will be part of different platform from Switch, Nintendo basically unified their handheld and home platforms with Switch, we could have 3DS succsor in form Switch Mini/Pocket, but that means same games.

Of Course that Nintendo will have smaller and bigger games and system seller games like always, but this time it will be bigger number of games all together, Nintendo always have those game I dont see why you assume it will be difrent with Switch, Switch could just lead to biger number of relases.

But Wii had quite solid 3rd party support (it had dosens of Fifa, NBA, NFS, NHL, CoD...games), and offcourse that it wouldnt had so many of those game sif it didnt sell well. But if compare Wii and Switch, whats exalty is different if talk about 3rd party ports!? Fact that Switch is much closer to power to curent console than Wii ever was, fact that Switch support all modern tech and engines that modern games are using and that of course wasn't case with Wii, so porting current next games to Switch is much easier compared to Wii and PS3/Xbox360 games, that why we alredy have ananucments of games like Skyrim or Doom. And devs alone see that Swich gave totaly new dimension to their games compared to PS4/XB1 version of game. And like I wrote, after Wii U faile many 3rd partys taked "wait and see aprouch" with Switch, and how Switch conitinue to sell good and instal base is getiing bigger we will have more and more ananucments, definatly next year we will have much more ananucments. And I alredy wrote you who will buy those games, "You will mainle have two dirent type of people that will buy multiplatform games on Switch, people who want to play those game on the go in full handheld mode and people who don't have other platforms to play those games".

Of Course that everyone will not buy (lol), but full handheld mode for those games is game changer for some people.

No you still don't get it, Nintendo wanted to show 2D Kirby game and they show it, they still dont want to show other Q1 games. Nothing strange about that, they done similar things all time with Switch.

Again, you are trying very hard, but you don't have any reasons for such doubts or concerns.

Miyamotoo said:
DélioPT said:

I meant fact that's announcement of new game in any case. Again, full handheld mode for 3rd party ports gave to those game hole new dimension, some people would easily do double dip or even wait Switch version in order to play those game in full handheld mode. We already saw here some people that wrote that wanted PS4 version of Wolfenstein 2 but they will wait for Switch version. For instance you already have people that have Skyrim on PS4 or even PS3, but again some of those people will buy that game on Switch, because they will have game they will able to play everywhere they want. You will mainle have two dirent type of people that will buy multiplatform games on Switch, people who want to play those game on the go in full handheld mode and people who don't have other platforms to play those games.

Totaly difrent things, PS3 had slow start becuse very high price, after price cuts PS3 started selling. Xbox360 lost postion beacuse MS slowed down with support while Sony actualy gave huge suport to PS3 basicly until PS4 didnt arived. You could say something similar for Wii, when Nintendo slowed down and stoped suporting Wii, Wii stoped to sell. But all those cases are difrent from what we are saying, offcourse that Nintendo will not stop suporting Switch in 2018. But again, those totally different things, it's much easier to keep momentum than try to save platform. Again, you dont have any reason to suspect that Switch will lose momentum in 2018.There is zero sense to release 3DS successor that will be part of different platform from Switch, Nintendo basically unified their handheld and home platforms with Switch, we could have 3DS succsor in form Switch Mini/Pocket, but that means same games.

Of Course that Nintendo will have smaller and bigger games and system seller games like always, but this time it will be bigger number of games all together, Nintendo always have those game I dont see why you assume it will be difrent with Switch, Switch could just lead to biger number of relases.

But Wii had quite solid 3rd party support (it had dosens of Fifa, NBA, NFS, NHL, CoD...games), and offcourse that it wouldnt had so many of those game sif it didnt sell well. But if compare Wii and Switch, whats exalty is different if talk about 3rd party ports!? Fact that Switch is much closer to power to curent console than Wii ever was, fact that Switch support all modern tech and engines that modern games are using and that of course wasn't case with Wii, so porting current next games to Switch is much easier compared to Wii and PS3/Xbox360 games, that why we alredy have ananucments of games like Skyrim or Doom. And devs alone see that Swich gave totaly new dimension to their games compared to PS4/XB1 version of game. And like I wrote, after Wii U faile many 3rd partys taked "wait and see aprouch" with Switch, and how Switch conitinue to sell good and instal base is getiing bigger we will have more and more ananucments, definatly next year we will have much more ananucments. And I alredy wrote you who will buy those games, "You will mainle have two dirent type of people that will buy multiplatform games on Switch, people who want to play those game on the go in full handheld mode and people who don't have other platforms to play those games".

Of Course that everyone will not buy (lol), but full handheld mode for those games is game changer for some people.

No you still don't get it, Nintendo wanted to show 2D Kirby game and they show it, they still dont want to show other Q1 games. Nothing strange about that, they done similar things all time with Switch.

Again, you are trying very hard, but you don't have any reasons for such doubts or concerns.

Even if it's a game that hasn't been out, in the end, when it actually launches, it will be the same as a port: out in last and when the other versions already had a good time on sale (not to forget that, in this case, the Holidays will have passed).
It didn't start it's life as a port, but it will live as one.

There's no real value in using people on forums to help prove or disprove something.
Yes, people will wait, but you're making it look like portability is this amazing thing that people never had before and they just got to have it now.
I don't know if you saw, but NOA had a poll to see where Switch owners felt was the best place to game, and surprise, surprise, the vast majority chose home as their best place to game.

The PS3, Wii, XB360 example - you could even add PS1 and 3DS to the list - was only to show that the way you start doesn't automatically tell how the future is going to be. Whatever the reason may be that causes a change, stuff might happen to will make your console rise or fall in sales.

" it's much easier to keep momentum than try to save platform"
  I'm not sure it's that easier.
At the end of the day either you have the library of games that people want or you don't. If you do, you can keep momentum or save your platform. If you don't, you will lose momentum or you won't be able to make your console's sales take off.

"Again, you dont have any reason to suspect that Switch will lose momentum in 2018"
And here we go again! :D
Besides Kirby, Yoshi, FE, what other games has Nintendo actually confirmed for 2018?
How many heavy hitter, system selling games has Nintendo confirmed to be coming in 2018?

We can speculate all we want, but the fact, is we don't really know what games are coming, to make a statement like you made.
What you have doing since our past conversations in assuming stuff - stuff that isn't confirmed.

I know that the chances of Nintendo not unifying their SW line, are small, but unifying their SW and HW departments was a measure to create a better relationship between between departments and become more productive (reusing assests and whatnot) and not to unify their SW lines.
If your read Iwata's comments on the matter you'll see that.

I'm not saying Switch won't have big hitters next year or 2019.
What i asked was how 2018 will compare to 2017 (fresh concept+amazing Zelda and Mario, Splatoon 2, MK8 (even if a port), etc.)? That's a very tough thing to beat.
2018 better have a lot of heavy hitters if Nintendo wants to continue Switch momentum.
Kirby, Yoshi and even FE, to some extant, are nowhere near the powerhouses (like Mario, Zelda, Splatoon and MK) that will do that.

These franchises (Kirby and Yoshi) will not sell the console. They will sell and please fans, but won't attract new consumers.
They are the type of franchises that Nintendo fans like, but that's it.

Wii had good support from EA, but you should look at what those FIFA, NFL, etc, turned out be in the end: family/casual oriented versions.
Wii didn't get less support because it was (clearly) less powerful than PS3/XB360. The problem was always the audience. Just look at sales of CoD games on Wii vs PS3 and Xb360 and you'll see that. If even CoD couldn't sell millions on Wii, what chance had other less popular IPs on Wii?

I have no doubts we will get more announcements due to Switch being successful.
My concern is: will it be a multiplat or a port? Is it a system selling franchise like Destiny/CoD/Battlefield or the likes of Doom and W2?
That makes all the difference.

Nintendo did hide a few surprises (Mario and Rabbids, the Pokemon port) but those surprises were still far away (when you take into consideration that the Switch line-up was revealed in January).

So, i'm trying to hard?
You say that announcements are bound to come because Switch is a success and 2018 will be the same.
I said that we don't know what's coming in 2018 besides 3 games (the only ones actually confirmed) and that future announcements (ports or multiplats) are dependent on how Fifa 18, Skyrim, Doom sell on Switch.

I don't see how i'm trying to hard, here.

Nuvendil said:
bigtakilla said:

Essentially, I guess not, or my expectations were too high. The original Blade and X had spoiled me and this was just not going to live up to the task. I would also prefer they get on with X, and would rather them push this out and really spend the time perfecting there new grand space epic, which hopefully they are doing as I know they got a new game coming out, but they have also expanded a lot, so time will tell. As for the voice acting, I even linked where Xenosaga 2 was notorious for having terrible voice acting. However, Blade (original) may have had a iffy line or two, but was mostly rock solid, same as X. Gears barely had any voice acting, so it gets a pass.

As far as graphics, I would say Odyssey also trumps it, as well as Splatoon 2. It just seems like a lower rung from where X had left us. as far as animations, their run animations are not that pleasant to look at, lol. 

One thing that is not a constant from Blade or X seems to be armor customizations. And let's face it that sucks. Even if your fine with the outfits, that's essentially an option taken away from us. But who knows, someone said they seen an icon that may just be an armor shop. I really doubt it though as they haven't shown a different piece of armor yet with a few actual playthroughs under the belt. Time will tell. 

Voice acting here is, imo, fine.  Not winning any awards but seems fine.  It's better than, say, Bravely Default.  But if you don't care for it, fine.

On the graphics though, you are objectively wrong :P.  On a technical level.  If you prefer the aesthetics of those, that's ok.  But on a technical level, XC2 is more impressive than either one.  Especially Splatoon 2.  In this latest footage nearly all the technical hiccups from E3 seem fixed.  Shadow draw distance is much better, gheir new grass approach is completely ironed out.  The lighting, polygonal density of the scenes, texture quality, all are better than XCX.  The animations seem deliberately similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 1 as opposed to X.  

There seems to ba a cosmetics option of some kind, we'll see.  I wouldn'tbe crushed, other RPGs I love don't vive you costmetic options but I do like armor customization.

Graphically, Xenoblade 2 has objective faults neither Mario nor Splatoon have, so I'm not wrong :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrEZuih9fhk&t=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8SbCB8ycqE

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks a lot better than X. I mean... It's not even a contest. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrEZuih9fhk&t=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8SbCB8ycqE

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 looks a lot better than X. I mean... It's not even a contest. 

Yeah, I can't believe some people think the opposite, I guess their hate for the designs of the protagonists is blinding them.

All around it did what I wanted it to do. Overall a solid 7. Highlight was Xenoblade II and Bethesda's games.
It would easily be a 10 because of Xenoblade 2's release date, but I don't really rate based on my hyped levels.
Might have to get the Xenoblade controller. And the special edition. On top of the Switch and 10-14 games
Damn Nintendo really wants my money.

But yeah definitely a 7. I don't think it needed to do much more, personally.

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

Even if it's a game that hasn't been out, in the end, when it actually launches, it will be the same as a port: out in last and when the other versions already had a good time on sale (not to forget that, in this case, the Holidays will have passed).

There's no real value in using people on forums to help prove or disprove something.
Yes, people will wait, but you're making it look like portability is this amazing thing that people never had before and they just got to have it now.
I don't know if you saw, but NOA had a poll to see where Switch owners felt was the best place to game, and surprise, surprise, the vast majority chose home as their best place to game.

The PS3, Wii, XB360 example - you could even add PS1 and 3DS to the list - was only to show that the way you start doesn't automatically tell how the future is going to be. Whatever the reason may be that causes a change, stuff might happen to will make your console rise or fall in sales.

At the end of the day either you have the library of games that people want or you don't. If you do, you can keep momentum or save your platform. If you don't, you will lose momentum or you won't be able to make your console's sales take off.

"Again, you dont have any reason to suspect that Switch will lose momentum in 2018"
Besides Kirby, Yoshi, FE, what other games has Nintendo actually confirmed for 2018?
How many heavy hitter, system selling games has Nintendo confirmed to be coming in 2018?
We can speculate all we want, but the fact, is we don't really know what games are coming, to make a statement like you made.
What you have doing since our past conversations in assuming stuff - stuff that isn't confirmed.

I know that the chances of Nintendo not unifying their SW line, are small, but unifying their SW and HW departments was a measure to create a better relationship between between departments and become more productive (reusing assests and whatnot) and not to unify their SW lines.

What i asked was how 2018 will compare to 2017 (fresh concept+amazing Zelda and Mario, Splatoon 2, MK8 (even if a port), etc.)? That's a very tough thing to beat.
2018 better have a lot of heavy hitters if Nintendo wants to continue Switch momentum.
Kirby, Yoshi and even FE, to some extant, are nowhere near the powerhouses (like Mario, Zelda, Splatoon and MK) that will do that.

These franchises (Kirby and Yoshi) will not sell the console. They will sell and please fans, but won't attract new consumers.

Wii had good support from EA, but you should look at what those FIFA, NFL, etc, turned out be in the end: family/casual oriented versions.
Wii didn't get less support because it was (clearly) less powerful than PS3/XB360. The problem was always the audience. Just look at sales of CoD games on Wii vs PS3 and Xb360 and you'll see that. If even CoD couldn't sell millions on Wii, what chance had other less popular IPs on Wii?

My concern is: will it be a multiplat or a port? Is it a system selling franchise like Destiny/CoD/Battlefield or the likes of Doom and W2?

Nintendo did hide a few surprises (Mario and Rabbids, the Pokemon port) but those surprises were still far away (when you take into consideration that the Switch line-up was revealed in January).

So, i'm trying to hard?
You say that announcements are bound to come because Switch is a success and 2018 will be the same.
I said that we don't know what's coming in 2018 besides 3 games (the only ones actually confirmed) and that future announcements (ports or multiplats) are dependent on how Fifa 18, Skyrim, Doom sell on Switch.

Again, you were wrong, you wrote thay announced port, but fact is that they announce new unreleased game, not port of some old game. So point is about announcement, and fact is that was announcement of new games.

Offcourse there is point, beacuse we talking about part of people that will buy those games. Again, full handheld mode is game changer for some people, and yes we never had before full AAA games in full handheld mode, you never didnt had full AAA Skyrim, Doom, NBA 2KA, Wolfenstein and future AAA 3rd party games, or even full AAA Nintendo games for that matter. Yes majority of people in poll wrote they playing at home, but poll wanst about how they play in home, do they play on TV, or in bed, bathroom, kitchen, basement..

I already wrote about those examples, and no one of those examples didn't start strong and slow up in second year on market. Lol, offcourse it much easier to keep good momentum, espacily if you have good apeling product (great hybrid concept), great marketing and branding and you definatly have games that will keep momentum.

Nintendo confirmed only few games until now for 2018. but that wasn't nothing strange because they literally announcing some games only few months before launchh. Hevi hitters that we could have in 2018.: Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Retros game...   Yes curently we can only speculate about what games we could have in 2018. but offcourse that Nintendo will have some hevi hiters in 2018. also, there no reasons to doubt about that, I mean they had heavy hitters even with Wii U not to mentine 3DS, so I dont see what you doubt about Switch second year when we know that all Nintendo big projects are in development for Switch only for quite time now.

One of main reasons of unifying their hardware and handheld platforms is because they saw that in modern age they can't effectively supporting two different platforms in same time (that's one of main reasons why we had huge droughts in 1st year with Wii U), why would they make two 2D Mario games, two MK games, two Yoshi, two Kirby...when they just make yust one version of those games and make some difrent games for same time. Nintendo didn't unifedy just their game divisions, they unified their hardware divisions also, before they were separate handheld and separate home console divisions for games and for hardware. And at end, with hybrid nature of Switch, it's obvious they don't need at all separate handheld and separate home console platforms.

2018. doesnt need to beat 2017. it just need to keep momentum, but it was far more important that Switch from start is shown like very desired piece of hardware with must have games, thats very important for sales that will come in coming years also. Games like Zelda BotW, MK8D, Splatoon2 and Mario Odyssey will be one of main reasons for seling Switch in future years, espacily with stock problems and point that not all people that want Switch will not be able to buy it in 2017. Switch now is great console with great games, and with every new game and announcement Switch is becoming more desirable console. Kirby and Yoshi are not system seller games but they will good addition to Switch lineup, FE will definatly be system seller in some degree, but offcourse we will have some hevi hiters that will be stronger than FE (Posible Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Smash Bros, Retros game...).

Lol, of course that one main reasons why Wii didn't had better 3rd party support is huge power and technical gap compared to PS3/Xbox 360, something similar could be said for Wii Remote and Motion Controls, things like those are huge problems for devs that wanted to port PS3/Xbox360 game to Wii, if that wasnt case Wii would have much better 3rd party support. 3rd party will almost always sell less on Nintendo platform compared to PS/Xbox, but it doesnt need to sell same in order that devs make profit. Do you think Switch is getting those 3rd party games because devs thinking they will same like on PS4/XB1, of course not, but they know that there will be probably sell enough so they can make profit, and they know those games will have extra vaule compared to PS4/XB1 versions of games for posible buyers beacuse of full handheld mode.

It dosnt relly matter if its multiplat or port, I alredy wrote to you that mostly you will have 2 difrent types of buyers of 3rd party games on Switch, people who want to play those game on the go in full handheld mode and people who don't have other platforms to play those games, so for those people it doesnt relly matter when game will come to Switch. Hardly some one will buy for instance Wolfenstein 2 on Switch just in order to play in docked mode if he have PS4/XB1/PC, but situation is quite different if someone want to play that game in full handheld mode, or if someone has only Switch like platform, so for those people don't really matters when game will come to Switch. For instance you could bet that it full be huge deal if GTA is released on Switch even if its few years after PS4/XB1 beacuse game is still very popular, and you can bet that some people would buy Switch in order to play GTA V everywhere and any time they want.

Nintendo had far more surprises than just those two games, look how many games were announced in January and how many games we have announced now.

You trying hard because you try to imply that Nintendo will not have heavy hitters ready for 2018. and second Switch year, even if you know how Nintendo is managing announcements with Switch and you know that 3DS and even Wii U also had hevi hitters in second year also, and of course that Switch also have them, especially when we know that all Nintendo big projects are development for Switch for quite time now. And you can bet that will have more 3rd party announcement in meantime, and more and more anancuments how Switch continue to sell and instal base is rising.

DélioPT said:
Miyamotoo said:

So, i'm trying to hard?

Think of it this way: flashback to this same day last year. September 17, 2016. Did we know about splatoon 2? Did we know about Mario odyssey? Did we know about Xenoblade 2, Mario X rabbids, Mario kart 8 deluxe, fire Emblem Warriors? The point is, there is a lot of time for the 2018 library to develop, no need to have concern. Heck, Mario X rabbids was revealed two months before launch.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Dravenet7 said:
All around it did what I wanted it to do. Overall a solid 7. Highlight was Xenoblade II and Bethesda's games.
It would easily be a 10 because of Xenoblade 2's release date, but I don't really rate based on my hyped levels.
Might have to get the Xenoblade controller. And the special edition. On top of the Switch and 10-14 games
Damn Nintendo really wants my money.

But yeah definitely a 7. I don't think it needed to do much more, personally.

That's my thinking too, though I gave the direct an 8 but its close enough. :P

Its a direct in the middle of September and it said that it was going to focus mostly on 3DS and Switch games/updates coming within the next few months. If you're expecting footage of FE Switch, Metroid Prime 4, Pokemon Switch, etc., then you're being unreasonable. Nintendo wanted to focus on what's coming mainly for the rest of the year. The more likely reason Octopath Traveler got more focus was because it has been a while since the January presentation that we even heard of anything about that game and Square was ready to show more, including provide a demo after the direct. Sure, there have been surprises before and updates on games beyond the scope Nintendo tends to focus on, but they usually are unexpected and such. They'll show more when they believe the upcoming projects are ready to be shown more. Could they have announced Animal Crossing or Smash Bros.? Maybe, but who knows if they really are developing projects for those series at this time or how far along the projects are to be announced. They'll eventually talk about it when they're ready.

What we got, ultimately, is pretty good stuff. A variety of content that we can look forward to in the known future.