By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overlooked, Underrated Game You've Ever Played?

Knights in the Nightmare.

It was on PSP and DS (I have the DS version) and it is a weird combination of SRPG and Bullet Hell. Yeah, its a bit strange. Basically, you control a spirit who you have to move around the screen, dodging bullets from enemies, while using the spirit to control your units to play a tactics game at the same time. The gameplay is extremely interesting and a lot of fun (although sometimes maybe a bit too challenging). There are a few other parts of the game, like leveling up and fusing your characters together which is serviceable and theres a story segment between each gameplay segment but those are a bit confusing and nonsensical. The gameplay is the definite highlight here and if SRPGxBullet hell sounds appealing to you, I suggest checking it out.

Around the Network

Valkyria Chronicles

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Exhumed (Powerslave) on Ps1 and Saturn would be a good choice, unforgettable and very creative yet extremelly ignored game.

Also I loved The Adventure of Lomax for Ps1 but feels like nobody played it

Little King Story on Wii was extremelly fun it definitely deserved better sales

Drill Dozer and Alien Hominid for the GBA were a blast

I'm now playing Jeanne D'arc on PSP and while I still early on the game, definitely feels like it deserved way better sales.

Oh and Kirby Rainbow Curse for WiiU was massively underrated

Ace Attorney 4 is not flop.

Baten Kaitos on GC was one of those games that flew under the radar for its weird name, but the turn based combat system is still very intriguing to me by using elemental card based attacks that you string together in real-time to take out enemies. To see a spiritual successor in the series would bring a unique air back to the RPG market...

Around the Network

Kula World on PS1, people following the end of the year Top 50 threads might have noticed because I always have it high up, but this is the best puzzle game ever made if you asked me.

Basic premise is simple; just reach the goal. You play as a beach-ball and you'll navigate a series of beams traversable on all sides to collect a couple of keys and bonus items before reaching a goal. The level design is unbelievably clever, and it's difficult too!

Oh yeah, forgot Half Minute Hero (PSP/Vita). There is a PC version, but it looks ugly compared to the old school sprites in the original. Takes the 3rd gen JRPG format and turns it into something of a puzzle game. Loved the sidequest minigames as well - particularly the one where a dozen guards rush the princess on a wagon to her destinations while she blasts enemies away with her machinegun crossbow. It's so stupid I love it.

Goodnightmoon said:

Exhumed (Powerslave) on Ps1 and Saturn would be a good choice, unforgettable and very creative yet extremelly ignored game.

haha im watching gameplay on yt and when he gets hit the way he says "son of a bitch" gets me everytime. Game looks cool tho.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

COKTOE said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Bulletstorm.

Ooo. Good choice. I was a bit surprised by how much I liked this one. After I played it, I found out a little known Canadian rapper I liked as a kid ( Kish ) did the voice for Ishi Sato, which I found kinda neat.

Yup, it was really fun plus the environment designs were pretty good too.

Goodnightmoon said:

Exhumed (Powerslave) on Ps1 and Saturn would be a good choice, unforgettable and very creative yet extremelly ignored game

Always good to see someone else recognise the brilliance of this game. One my favourite shooters.

XIII on GCN/PS2/XBox is another good one. Nice, stylish graphics, interesting story, quite challenging as well, even on the easiest difficulty.

Geist on the GCN had an interesting possession mechanic to go along with the FPS gameplay. Good game.

I had loads of fun with Turok Evolution, but it was quite poorly received. It does have flaws but I still find it enjoyable. I'm overdue another play through of this.

Deep Fear. A Resident Evil clone released near the end of the Saturn's life. Well worth a look for fans of the genre (dead expensive for a genuine copy though).

Beetle Adventure Racing has already been mentioned, but it is a really underrated racer on the N64.

Space Station: Silicon Valley is a quirky platformer sort of game on the N64. Tons of charm, great music and offers a fair bit of challenge as your progress.

Plok. 2D platformer on the SNES. Still never completed this somehow, but played it loads.