By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overlooked, Underrated Game You've Ever Played?

The Battle Tanx series (N64) is criminally underrated. One of the most fun bot and local multiplayer set of games I have ever played. Even the campaign mode was great.

The Vigilante games (similar to Twisted Metal) and Beatle Adventure Racing were fun as hell.

Well, this one is kind of popular: SMRPG but it didn't sell nearly as well as it should have and I always found this to be one of both Square and Nintendo's greatest games but it's hardly ever mentioned along side their best.

Lube Me Up

Around the Network

the original Nier :(

Bristow9091 said:
DialgaMarine said:
I want to say MAG, but that didn't sell half bad for an undermarketed PS3 exclusive, so I'm gonna go with Starhawk. I thought it was an excellent game that got hurt in reviews because of it's lackluster single player. The multiplayer and co-op were insanely awesome though. Very overlooked by the masses as well.

MAG was such an amazing game at launch, back when you could get into full matches quickly, then it slowly died off and they shut the servers down, I kept my disc for years afterwards, only threw it away earlier this year when I realised how pointless it was, lol. 

Starhawk though, man I fucking LOVED that multiplayer, it took everything I loved from Warhawk, which I personally think was overlooked and underrated too (Seriously, I played that game so much!) and added onto it, I especially enjoyed the building aspect since it all happened so quickly and hassle free... loved it! Shame it didn't do so good though :( 

Both those games are easily my top 2 favorite multiplayer titles ever. I clocked so many hours into both, especially MAG. Both were way ahead of their time. I can only imagine how amazing a PS4 sequel of either would be... probably never gonna see that though...

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

The Battle Tanx series (N64) is criminally underrated. One of the most fun bot and local multiplayer set of games I have ever played. Even the campaign mode was great.

The Vigilante games (similar to Twisted Metal) and Beatle Adventure Racing were fun as hell.

Well, this one is kind of popular: SMRPG but it didn't sell nearly as well as it should have and I always found this to be one of both Square and Nintendo's greatest games but it's hardly ever mentioned along side their best.

EDIT: whoops, double post

Lube Me Up

Umihara Kawase. It's a indie platformer from the SNES era. Never talked about but super fun. Worth trying.

Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time, is also something that comes to mind. Amazing RPG, best SRPG Ive ever played. Again, never talked about, unfortunately

Around the Network

Rumble Racing, a simple and very fun game that nobody ever talks about.

Two games of the top of my head are:

Driver: San Francisco was very overlooked, this was a truly unique racer with that signature "shift" mechanic (you can take over any person's body in any car around, letting you change cars in an instant, and also see some rather comical interactions with the person in the passengers seat).

What a coincidence, this second game is also a Ubisoft game set in San Francisco. Watch Dogs  2 is a huge improvement on the first one, and the hacking felt much better. Vibrant SF and the light-hearted story fits the gameplay more than the first story and setting did.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

General Chaos

A lot of the great games of yesterday that I played are now either overlooked or looked down upon. Syphon Filter is one of those games. Sonic Adventure is another... it's a weird phenomenon. I guess each generation has to kill the last in order to feel validated. I never subscribed to that way of thinking myself.

That one game. You probably never heard of it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.