By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overlooked, Underrated Game You've Ever Played?

GOD HAND!!!!

Around the Network

I'm gonna say Seek and Destroy and Whiplash both on PS2. both did poorly in sales and reviews. (user reviews are more positive for both though). as for me i thought they were both fun games back when i played them. i was surprised to find out they weren't very successful.

Remember Me, Kingdoms of Amalur, The Order 1886, Kameo...

There are more, way more! But i cant remember. Ill post them later!

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

I say Okami, its a gem and a masterpiece!

I remember seeing this game reviewed on XPlay, & a couple of days later, I end up purchasing the game for cheap. And man, oh man, what an experience. Magnificent art style, magical story, an epic world, creative gameplay. I've never played anything like it.

Around the Network

Deadly Premonition

Okami underrated? It sits at 93 on metacritic and has been ported to every system!
It sold over 250k on ps2 and has been selling better since.

For me it's Majin and the forsaken kingdom. It first seemed like a knock off of TLG, yet that wouldn't come out for another 6 years. Great fun action puzzle adventure with some rough edges. Too bad it never got a sequel, like Kameo there was plenty good stuff in there.

Nights: journey of dreams. Bought it for my sis but ended up playing it and I actually liked it a lot

Mike321 said:
Nights: journey of dreams. Bought it for my sis but ended up playing it and I actually liked it a lot

Yeah, that's the game my uncle got, but then we stopped playing because he and my aunt hated the music, and said that the music made them want to kill themselves.

Mar1217 said:
Virtue's Last Reward, it's probably the pinnacle of the visual novel/puzzle genre but goddamn ... so few people have played it and that's criminal !

I agree with this. As far as visual novels go, if this is your first and only one, you'd be in for a treat. It gets really engrossing. 

I have a love/hate relationship with Rise of the Argonauts for the PS3. I bought it so long ago from HMV (back when they existed/sold video games) and really loved it at the time, but grew to dislike it after I beat it. But honestly, it had a good story, great skill tree systems, and satisfying gameplay. I'd recommend it today.