By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can 2017 be crowned as the best year in gaming already?

SegataSanshiro said:

[snip]

1995 Is easily one of the greatest years in games. Only 1998 rivals it.

FFVI is 1994, no? Still, a great year.

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

I think it all hinges on October-December.

If Xenoblade 2 is as good as Xenoblade 1, and Odyssey is as good as 64/Galaxy, then I think 2017 could rival 1998.

Normally I don't count my Chickens before they hatch, but every 3D Mario for the last 20 years has been amazing. The only exception was 3D World, but that was more like 2.5D. I really don't think Xenoblade 2 will come out this year. If it does that would be huge. 

Ahahaha! It is coming out this year! Way to prove me wrong Nintendo. 

Cerebralbore101 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Normally I don't count my Chickens before they hatch, but every 3D Mario for the last 20 years has been amazing. The only exception was 3D World, but that was more like 2.5D. I really don't think Xenoblade 2 will come out this year. If it does that would be huge. 

Ahahaha! It is coming out this year! Way to prove me wrong Nintendo. 

One step closer! ;)

I think it's definitely a conversation worth revisiting at the end of the year.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

If Xenoblade 2 is as good as Xenoblade 1, and Odyssey is as good as 64/Galaxy, then I think 2017 could rival 1998.

If that happens I may just have to concur with the OP that this is the best year in gaming to date.

Cerebralbore101 said:
curl-6 said:

It's easily the best since 2010, but whether it can top that year (Mario Galaxy 2, Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Monster Hunter Tri, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Halo Reach...) remains to be seen.

Galaxy 2, and Mass Effect 2 were great. Monster Hunter Tri was my first MH game. 2010 was one of the best for sure. 

2007 was pretty rad too; Mario Galaxy, COD4, Bioshock, Metroid Prime 3, Mass Effect, Portal, Uncharted...

1996.                                                      1997.

Super Mario 64                                                 Final FantasyVII

Resident Evil                                                      Castlevania SOTN

Duke Nukem 3D                                                Curse of Monkey Island

Quake                                                                  Star Fox 64

Diablo                                                                  Golden eye 007

Super Mario rpg                                                Crash Bandicoot 2

Crash Bandicoot                                                Age of Empires

Civilization 2                                                       Diddy Kong racing

Pokemon Red and Blue                                    Odd World Abes Oddysee

Broken Sword                                                     Star Wars Jedi Knight

Elder Scrolls 2 Daggerfall                                  Tomb Raider 2

Die Hard Trilogy                                                  Fallout

Blood Omen Legacy of Kain                              Tekken 3

Donkey Kong Country 3                                    Final Fantasy Tactics    

Twisted Metal 2                                                 Quake 2

Mario Kart 64                                                     Colony Wars

Tomb Raider                                                       Turok

Pilot Wings 64                                                    Alundra

Wipeout 2097                                                     Bushido Blade

PaRappa the Rapper

Wave Race 64                    

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
bigtakilla said:

Read the list again, it has a Zelda.

*edit* Not to mention

Tri Force Heroes

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE.

Majora's Mask 3D is a remaster, Tri Force Heroes is a spin-off. 2015 didn't have a real Zelda, never mind one that can even hope to compare to Breath of the Wild.

And, it had a lot of other things, lol.

Lol, this is a best year in gaming thread and it's funny how many people are literally only bringing up Nintendo games.

Green098 said:

HAHAHAHHAHAHA lol, I mean ok the Wii U yes, but still, have a little faith in Nintendo, it's been a long time since they ever had a situation like the Wii U, it was a rare scenario for them for a product of theirs to do that bad.

But anyways, these are funny looking back on them now.

bigtakilla said:
Sorry man, 1998. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario Party, Banjo-Kazooie, F-Zero X, Metal Gear Solid, StarCraft, Half Life, Parasite Eve, Rainbow 6, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Fallout 2, Resident Evil 2, Xenogears, Tomb Raider 3, Sonic Adventure, Suikoden 2, Pokémon Yellow, it doesn't even end there.

This was very educative. I hadn't started following game dev back then, so I didn't realize that all these industry defining games came out that year

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Cerebralbore101 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Sunshine was terrible though

far from the best. There was a year when a mgs game, gta, dmc and i think final fantasy came out, along with a zelda.