By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Owners: Would you buy a MGSV port?

Which MGS game would you like to see on Switch?

Metal Gear Solid 29 9.76%

Metal Gear Solid 2 7 2.36%

Metal Gear Solid 3 24 8.08%

Metal Gear Solid 4 22 7.41%

Metal Gear Solid V 77 25.93%

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker 9 3.03%

None of them / I don't care for them. 78 26.26%

Never played them but wou... 51 17.17%

Total:297

V left a bad taste in my mouth but I'd buy any of the other games without hesitation.

Around the Network

Nope. I'm done with the series since MGS2. I'd kill for a 2D Castlevania though...

No. I have MGS 5 on PC and I don't like it. It's boring and tedious.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

If I had never played MGS V, I would have said yes.Having played though, I hope Konami, assuming they want port something, port a game other than MGS V.That game was easily the biggest dissapointment in recent years.Dont know if it was Konami fault, if Kojima was not in his right mind back in the day, or simply he had a few bad years and made a bad product, MGS dissapointed in every single aspect, save for the gameplay.

I very much rather that they just made a collection with all MG, MGS and the portable MGS games.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I haven't played it yet and have made a conscious decision to buy more 3rd party games for the Switch, so probably.

Around the Network

Hmm, sadly no, I don't see it being cheap, and honestly speaking with Metal Gear Solid 4 and onward, Kojima Productions to me declined heavily, so I doubt I want to pay full price for it.

In addition -- and I know it's unreasonable -- it would be great to get a new cut of MGS4. There's 3/5 of a great game there. Pare down the cut-scenes and the fan service, and rewrite the last two acts to more closely resemble the first two, and I'm onboard.

I was without my PS4 at the time, and nearly went for the 360 version - but ultimately chose to hold out for precisely this

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

RolStoppable said:
No, I don't like bad games.

Have you even played MGSV before to make that claim?

RolStoppable said:
VGPolyglot said:

Have you even played MGSV before to make that claim?

No, I am relying on track record.

Of MGS?