By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Switch Owners: Would you buy a MGSV port?

Which MGS game would you like to see on Switch?

Metal Gear Solid 29 9.76%

Metal Gear Solid 2 7 2.36%

Metal Gear Solid 3 24 8.08%

Metal Gear Solid 4 22 7.41%

Metal Gear Solid V 77 25.93%

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker 9 3.03%

None of them / I don't care for them. 78 26.26%

Never played them but wou... 51 17.17%

Total:297

Personally, I'd love to see Metal Gear Solid V or any Metal Gear Solid game on Switch. Too bad Konami will probably never release them for it, as they seem to believe no one cares about MGS anymore.

What would yall think if MGS was ported to Switch? Would that be something you'd be interested in? 

Also, if you could only have one MGS game ported to Switch, which would you choose?

It'd be a hard choice between MGS3 and MGSV, but overall I would go with V.

Let me know your thoughts.

Around the Network

Haven't played MGSV yet, so yes, I would welcome it.

Maybe. I never played any MGS games and I'm not a big fan of these kind of games, but I might consider buying it if it comes to the Switch.

I'd take a MGSV port, none of the others because I don't think Konami can update them properly without Kojima, which is a bummer since MGSV is the only incomplete one

Flilix said:
Maybe. I never played any MGS games and I'm not a big fan of these kind of games, but I might consider buying it if it comes to the Switch.

You might find yourself being pleasantly surprised. They heavily story based and emotionally griping. The Metal Gear games are rarely what you think they are going into them.

Around the Network

Metal Gear Solid is one of the few popular video game series I have never touched. Since it is a story heavy game series, from what I gather, I would rather play from the beginning.

Airaku said:
Flilix said:

You might find yourself being pleasantly surprised. They heavily story based and emotionally griping. The Metal Gear games are rarely what you think they are going into them.

I couldn't agree more. The gameplay is relatively solid too--especially the longer the series goes on. Of course that's my opinion: I still think you can get a lot of enjoyment from playing the first ones, but I would definitely label the gameplay mechanics in them as niche by today's standards.

sc94597 said:
Metal Gear Solid is one of the few popular video game series I have never touched. Since it is a story heavy game series, from what I gather, I would rather play from the beginning.

I can tell you that you wouldn't be disappointed if you gave MGS1 a try (as long as you can handle the dated gameplay). The story and atmosphere of the game is very unique compared to most games. I can also tell you that Metal Gear Solid 3 is actually the first game chronologically, and the gameplay is more fluid, so that one might be a good place to start.

Luke888 said:
I'd take a MGSV port, none of the others because I don't think Konami can update them preperly without Kojima, which is a bummer since MGSV is the only incomplete one

It is a huge bummer that Kojima can't touch his masterpieces anymore. And that Konami screwed him out of making MGSV even more great. Maybe someday Konami will sell the brand and it will somehow end up under Kojima's control.

I can dream, anyway.

GoOnKid said:

Haven't played MGSV yet, so yes, I would welcome it.

In some way the story is questionable and feels incomplete (because of Konami rushing the game's release) but overall it stands on it's own as one of the best games ever created. 

Maybe it's not the best Metal Gear Solid game, but it's definitely a great game.