By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Lichtspeer dev mentions Nintendo is working on an achievement system for Switch

Please be true! one of things that i really wants in switch is the achievements system.

The developers of Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition held a Reddit AMA yesterday. Tom Tomaszewski from Crunching Koalas participated, and shared some interesting comments.

First, when asked why Lichtspeer doesn’t have rankings. Tomaszewski replied with the following:

- Nintendo doesn’t have an official support for Achievements and Leaderboards, like Sony or Microsoft but we know that they’re working on it. We’ll see how it goes and we’ll add the rankings along the way.

After seeing those comments, a Reddit user brought up that an achievement system for Switch would seem like a secret. Tomaszewski said in response:

- Oops.

- Move along. Nothing to see here.

- PS. But seriously – I have a really strong feeling they hinted it a few times. [Tom]

A system-wide achievement system isn’t something Nintendo has shown a whole lot of interest in recent years. However, some elements have been built into specific games. It remains to be seen if Nintendo intends to pursue achievements more seriously on Switch.

Source

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

That looks like a nice layout : )

if they could link it with my nintendo points... and give us the discount cupons... it would be a system WAY better than xbox or PS

Kapi's interest augmented by 100%.

Finally! Now we won't have to listen to Ka-pi complain about it anymore.

Around the Network
StarDoor said:
Finally! Now we won't have to listen to Ka-pi complain about it anymore.

This made me chuckle xD

Though personally, I don't really like them, but if people want them, then whatever at this point...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Children are probably excited.

I don't know... I like achievements. But, they're not a big deal to me. And, as Nintendo seems to do a pretty poor job of integrating industry standard features (chat being the most obvious example), I'd rather they just skip it. Get Netflix on the thing, and focus on making great games. That's what I want from Nintendo. Sony and MS are very good at the other stuff. I don't need it from Nintendo.

p0isonparadise said:
Children are probably excited.

I almost got offended and then I realized i'm almost 9 months away from being an adult! x'D

Meh.