By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How to get more people to join the site?

Are you a lurker?

Yes 82 70.69%

No 34 29.31%

Total:116

You could try and make the forums more noticeable and prominent in the website. I feel a lot of people just come here for the numbers and don't notice anything else. Maybe give the whole site a more clean and modern look and feel to it. A more mobile friendly site is probably a must as well.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Stop banning bots. Anyone know why bots make accounts? Seems like a waste of their time

I've always wondered where all these bots come from. The vast majority of them doesn't even try to advertise.

I go on this website primarily for sales, but I also lurk on the forums if they haven't been updated. I think I've been here for like 4 years and only posted around 150 times with only 3 or so threads.

EDIT: Lmao I forgot it counts how many posts you've made and how long you've been a member. Make that 261 and 3 years lol.

thepurplewalrus said:

I go on this website primarily for sales, but I also lurk on the forums if they haven't been updated. I think I've been here for like 4 years and only posted around 150 times with only 3 or so threads.

EDIT: Lmao I forgot it counts how many posts you've made and how long you've been a member. Make that 261 and 3 years lol.

=O I managed to get someone out of the woodworks!! Hi

VGPolyglot said:
thepurplewalrus said:

Lol hi. The thing is too is that I also know a little bit about all the different prominent personalities on the forum. I don't know why I don't post more lol.

Around the Network
thepurplewalrus said:
VGPolyglot said:

Lol hi. The thing is too is that I also know a little bit about all the different prominent personalities on the forum. I don't know why I don't post more lol.

Oh, am I considered to be a prominent personality?

VGPolyglot said:
thepurplewalrus said:

Sure why not

Sell VGChartz to Fecebook

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

thepurplewalrus said:
VGPolyglot said:

Sure why not

LOL, it's fine to say I'm not, I'm not that arrogant/narcissistic.

VGPolyglot said:
thepurplewalrus said:

Sure why not

LOL, it's fine to say I'm not, I'm not that arrogant/narcissistic.

Well by that I meant there's like the same 12 people making almost all of the threads. So yeah, you would be one considering the 10,000 posts you've made lol.