By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - How to get more people to join the site?

Are you a lurker?

Yes 82 70.69%

No 34 29.31%

Total:116
AZWification said:

1. Fix the numbers once and for all. The traffic dropped like a rock back in 2015 when we stopped getting numbers as often.

2. Bring in the new design, including mobile design. I guess Trucks could use some help in that regard.

3. Bring in new and old features. Looking at you, Game DB.

Seconding the DB suggeston. Game collections uused to be a big thing on here.

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
AZWification said:

1. Fix the numbers once and for all. The traffic dropped like a rock back in 2015 when we stopped getting numbers as often.

2. Bring in the new design, including mobile design. I guess Trucks could use some help in that regard.

3. Bring in new and old features. Looking at you, Game DB.

Seconding the DB suggeston. Game collections uused to be a big thing on here.

Yeah, unfortunately without ioi I don't know what we can do, if anything. But if it got working again, I'd add my entire collection on it. In fact, that was one of the main reasons I even joined this site, was to have a place to put my game collection.

I like it the way it is. If it had more members I wouldn't come here.

Hard enough to keep up with the posts already. Any more posts and there is not enough time to bother as frustration would set in that I can't read it all.

Consistent numbers and they will come.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Consistent numbers and they will come.

RIP

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
1) better/more consistent software/hardware tracking. Most people here were pulled in from the numbers.

2) revamp the spam/ads so that they aren't so fucking intrusive and website breaking on mobile.

3) ????

Profit.

With number 2, I remember making a thread about something similar but (at least for me) its been nowhere near as bad the last few months.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

1) more bans

2) take away actually popular threads like politics

3) put not safe for work on the front page

4) more bans

5) make rol a mod

6) make a sarcasm detector for text, sort of like Youtube's caption system

7) update the sharts

8) ???

profit

edit : that guy made the profit joke first, oops

Azuren said:
1. Ban the problem children. We all know who they are. I'm not talking about the ones who simply disagree, but the ones who like an make alts.

2. Fix the ad situation. Super intrusive ads that often lead to phishing sites gives the site an air of... Well, shadiness.

3. Regular updates on hardware numbers. It's kind of important.

4. More emphasis on articles, and writers who actually write. If we have more content, it could bring in people for gaming news.

5. ???

6. Profit.

I was really hoping we could keep this going 😂

I guess I can offer free autographs for everyone who signs up. We should have like a million users by then.

SecondWar said:
aLkaLiNE said:
1) better/more consistent software/hardware tracking. Most people here were pulled in from the numbers.

2) revamp the spam/ads so that they aren't so fucking intrusive and website breaking on mobile.

3) ????

Profit.

With number 2, I remember making a thread about something similar but (at least for me) its been nowhere near as bad the last few months.

On iPhone at least, I periodically run into issues where the website is not usable. For instance, certain ads will prevent me from zooming in on posts from the safari browser. Other ads will keep resetting to the top of the page so it becomes impossible to scroll down. This happened yesterday in fact so the ads will most certainly need to be reconsidered, or we need to go through a different ad agency.

on NeoGAF, there is a banner ad on top and on bottom for mobile. They have literally zero effect on how someone reads through threads. We would benefit from a similar setup here.

I personally think that we should hand out free bananas but hey maybe that's just me