By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japanese losing interest in Switch due to shortage.

160rmf said:

Lol... i suspect you're doing some projection here about feelings.

So unless i'm sucking some company's dick, it must mean somehow i'm bothered by it? That's a good one.

I gave my honest opinion about their distribution, which for as anecdotal as it might seem to you, it's a bit more widespread when not only I can find plenty of units available in local shops, but also ordering online from other retailers.

Now when I see whining about people not being able to buy it for several months, then it must mean they are undershipping in some places and overshipping in other places.

And honestly, I think I must of mentioned having one since lauch just to prevent your kind of reactions that somehow I have something against the toy itself.

So yeah... your review of my post is itself, ironically, pointless

Taking words out my mouth... Classy

By no means there's a problem in not feeling satisfied with your Switch purchase. 

But we have specific threads where you can post your impressions about the console. There's no need to go off topic.

Strange how my original post was absolutely on the topic (addressing the shortages in some places while there's excess inventory in other places), but your take away from it is how I may or may not be happy with my purchase.

Just argue the facts, not what you believe my feelings are.

I mentioned I was considering trying to sell it for close to what I paid for exactly because there are NO SHORTAGES in the place I live. If there were people so desperate to get the console I would easily sell it for a profit.

Any other objections / projections you'd like to throw at me?

Around the Network
Mnementh said:
But, but, ... Nintendo artificially creates this shortages to INCREASE demand!

it does though. it miss ships them to regions that arn't selling out like crazy.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

The answer to this of course ... is to cease ALL SHIPMENTS to Europe and bring them back to Japan! Woohoo!

Thing is, there isn't an alternative ... and even if one is being developed, it won't be out for a long time. People can throw a fit but it's not going to affect lifetime sales much at all. 

Lol, I remember when Switch was "revealed" at the January conference there was the guy with that Roadhog avatar who kept saying "Guys, i'm telling ya! My friend in Japan is saying that the Japanese are laughing at the Switch! They think it's a joke!" 

You're going to piss off Rol with that type of attitude. But we North Americans are more important than those so called "hip" Europeans, so I think most of the important countries will be fine.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

pokoko said:
I never knew people would get so emotional over this issue.

No, I'm not talking about Japanese gamers, I'm talking about this thread.

Anyway, it has to be a concern for Nintendo. Many of these people are just trying to communicate their dissatisfaction to Nintendo and will return as customers in the future. Others might not. One of the cardinal rules of business is that some lost sales won't come back.

Exactly. And I think Nintendo is stupid. I see that it is very difficult to predict demand, but Nintendo is overly bad in that reagrd. Way too much stock with WiiU, way too less with Wii and Switch. And yes, the lost customers may or may not be coming back. The longer the bad stock-situation is persisting, the more will fall into the second category.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Superman4 said:
Mnementh said:
But, but, ... Nintendo artificially creates this shortages to INCREASE demand!

Clearly they do. The PS4 is able to sell twice to 3 times as many units per week, Nintendo isnt able to produce a 3rd of what Sony can on a regular basis? I dont see PS4 units being sold out everywhere which means they are producing even more than what they are selling. 

They are either creating the shortage on purpose or thought the console would flop and only invested enough to make a small ROI. They should be able to crank out 2-300K units per week by now.

What? PS is around 25K with peaks around software releases, while Switch sells depending on stock situation even 100K or more. Even in the low times Nintendo delivered 25K, so neck on neck with PS4. But they were able to deliver a lot more for game releases and now continually. So how do you come up with 2-3 times as much PS4?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Around the Network
j.thomaz said:
I don't get it. I've been in two countries in Europe recently and they had switch available like in supermarket. Is it specific to Japan?

Yes. The demand in Japan is crazy. And it is not that europe has an overabundance of Switch-units, they can meet demand, but have no excess that could be shipped to Japan.

@japanese import from Europe. :)

Xen said:
I really wonder as to why anyone would be frustrated and overreact in such a way. It's a game system. It's a luxury. Unless you have absolutely nothing else going on in your life, you can wait.

You act as if gamers who want a new console have absolutely no right to be angry and frustrated that they can't get one. I don't think the extreme shortage situation in Japan illustrates fans "overreacting" at all. It's perfectly reasonable, and you trying to shame them for having to deal with unreasonable bullshit, is really kind of pointless and arrogant, wouldn't you say?

gabzjmm23 said:
@japanese import from Europe. :)

I think it would be a little expensive, euro is strong currently.

A Nintendo Switch in France : 275€ duty-free = 35,971.37 Yen instead of 29,980 Yen, and without shipping price, VAT and import taxes (if any, I don't know local taxes there).

DevilRising said:
Xen said:
I really wonder as to why anyone would be frustrated and overreact in such a way. It's a game system. It's a luxury. Unless you have absolutely nothing else going on in your life, you can wait.

You act as if gamers who want a new console have absolutely no right to be angry and frustrated that they can't get one. I don't think the extreme shortage situation in Japan illustrates fans "overreacting" at all. It's perfectly reasonable, and you trying to shame them for having to deal with unreasonable bullshit, is really kind of pointless and arrogant, wouldn't you say?

Having read their statements, I would still say that they are overreacting. Unreasonable? Don't go stand in a line for a chance to buy a thing and then bitch about not being one of the lucky ones.

Like said, it's a luxury, there are other things in life. I am not shaming them, they are shaming themselves.