By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Original Xbox One Model Discontinued

Didn't even know they still sold the original Xbox One after they released the S (except for those still in stock, obviously)

Around the Network

Nah Nah Nah Hey Hey Goodbye Original Xbox One.

Ryuu96 said:
Thread title edited and I added in the link to the site you're actually quoting....

make the title "Original Xbox One Model discontinued" even better

but thanks, because this topic was pure clickbait and we all hate that

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Hiku said:

"going from the most popular console of the last generation"

Pretty sure Wii was the most popular console of last generation.

The whole article itself is wacky. Unless it's just referring to the US, where the 360 was the best-selling console I believe.

As an owner of the original xbox one I feel I should defend it despite the wifi chip failing in mine.

Of the 30 million xbox one consoles sold the vast majority are this model I would of thought. There has been a decline in xbox one sales with the recent slimmer models maybe they have confused the product line up or the greater range of ps4 software has moved more potential buyers to that platform but whatever the reason I would say it has been a successful model which is not proven yet with the later models. Yes the later models are better actual models though but it is often the case maybe they weren't improved enough to continue momentum of the platform commercially. It always felt to me that Microsoft needed an economy value model yet if anything went the other way enhancing functionality with a more premium appearance. The fact they can now use external hard drives meant a smaller console with flash memory would have been possible at a much lower price.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Hiku said:

Even if it only refers to US, the sentence doesn't make sense because it hasn't only sold half as much as the PS4 in the US.

Yeah, there's certainly a bunch of honey being thrown around and none of it is stickin'!

• It hasn't sold just half of the PS4 in the US (that would be worldwide)
  • It wasn't the most popular console last gen in anywhere but the US

"With their victory in the last generation" - Again, it's like they're trying to make its situation sound worse than it is. The reason the Xbox One is losing as bad as it is hardly has to do with what "style" of console(s) they choose to keep on the market. Just a very amateur piece to read.

Didn't the Wii outsell the 360 in the US.

Why does it say 360 was most popular console of last generation?

There's no need for the original model of the Xbox One to exist anymore, so this is hardly surprising news. Why get a weaker, bulkier version of the Xbox One brand-new when you can buy an Xbox One S or the upcoming Xbox One X?

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Ha I thought it already was discontinued. I see no point in it when they have the cheaper, superior S.

Wait, I thought the original Xbox was discontinued years ago, or is this the Xbox 360? I'm confused as I thought original Xbox was well, the original one 

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway