By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Original Xbox One Model Discontinued

Ka-pi96 said:
umm... Xbox was the most popular console last gen? On what planet? Certainly not earth where both the Wii and PS3 outsold it

Maybe they meant in the US? Xbox 360 was the number 1 console there.

Around the Network

How wasn't the old XBO completely replaced by XBO-S already ? :O

monocle_layton said:
Could we change the title to something such as "Original Xbox One model discontinued"? Thanks.

Also, I don't understand why the article is so pessimistic. Xbox One clearly isn't a runaway success, but it's still doing decent. The original model is bulky and useless, especially with the One S existing.

garbage article in all honesty. This isn't even hurting Microsoft lol. It'll just help them wipe out any sort of production that remained for it

Well, at least the title was changed now. makes this much more bearable

Since when was 360 the most popular console of last gen? It wasn't even second?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

CGI-Quality said:
Darc Requiem said:

Didn't the Wii outsell the 360 in the US.

I was under the impression that the 360 had taken it after some time.

Same here... I mean. The Xbox 360 is still being sold brand-new here!
For example: https://www.gamesmen.com.au/console-xbox-360-500gb-forza-horizon-2-bundle

Surely those extra years of sales have accounted for something, right? Haha

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
umm... Xbox was the most popular console last gen? On what planet? Certainly not earth where both the Wii and PS3 outsold it

Yeah, I noticed that too. I guess the ones complaining about the pessimistic tone of the article didn't see that bit. 

I guess MS is trying to narrow down people's choices between the xbox one s and xbox one x. Was the original xbox one cheaper than the xbox one s or something?

So, let me get this straight... after getting crushed this gen, and not putting out ANY games in 2017, Xbox thinks it's a GOOD idea to FORCE people to shell out MORE money for an Xbox One?

Wow. That is just some ass backwards marketing, right there. How do they expect this strategy to pay off?

Xen said:

How wasn't the old XBO completely replaced by XBO-S already ? :O

They used the original model to sell cheaper, the original model was also more silent (altough the S is also significantly silent) and the original does have a kinect port.

They are also discontinueing the Kinect at this point in time and in all honesty if people wanted to use the Kinect the original model is the one to get for its native support because the USB-converters are quite expensive.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Aeolus451 said:
I guess MS is trying to narrow down people's choices between the xbox one s and xbox one x. Was the original xbox one cheaper than the xbox one s or something?

It was, but only because the majority were preowned units.

This is a smart move honestly. It's similar to when Nintendo pushed out the original DS and eventually had the DS Lite and DSi as the only choices. no point in the original if a better version exists that's the same price