By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo was never doomed

Mr Puggsly said:
Pyro as Bill said:

Accessibility/simplicity, local multiplayer and dedicated controllers are the main differences between PC gaming and traditional home consoles. How is PC (or MS/Sony for that matter) covering home consoles better than Nintendo? Graphics?

They appeal to the average home console gamer better than Nintendo which is why has technically exited that arena.

Lets be blunt, Switch isnt getting the big 3rd party releases. I'd like to more on Switch but is the audience there yet if ever?

There's plenty of amazing third party games coming to Nintendo Switch. I could care less about their supposed size though. 

Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania are some of the best games I've played this year. I bet you they're selling incredibly well on the Nintendo Switch. 

There's also NBA2K18, Fifa 18, Skyrim, Dragon Quest XI, etc. for those who care. More will surely come in the future. 

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Around the Network
Alkibiádēs said:
Mr Puggsly said:

They appeal to the average home console gamer better than Nintendo which is why has technically exited that arena.

Lets be blunt, Switch isnt getting the big 3rd party releases. I'd like to more on Switch but is the audience there yet if ever?

There's plenty of amazing third party games coming to Nintendo Switch. I could care less about their supposed size though. 

Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania are some of the best games I've played this year. I bet you they're selling incredibly well on the Nintendo Switch. 

There's also NBA2K18, Fifa 18, Skyrim, Dragon Quest XI, etc. for those who care. More will surely come in the future. 

I hear ya, but thats modest compared to Xbox, PS4, and PC.

Some of that support may away as well looking at trends.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I still can't believe this was even a thing. lol

But the forum dwellers told me they were! After all, average message board dwellers always know better than a multibillion dollar company that has been in the game for over 30 years when it comes to gaming and like 150 years as a company..

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

gentii said:

Nintendo is gonna beat their sales goals easily

It's beating PS4 launch period numbers in the slow summer while PS4 had a holiday launch, with a short supply. 

Nintendo is a monster that's brand value, market value, stock is worth more then the entire Sony company, not just Sony computer/PS brand.

Nintendo has no debt like Sony, 13 billion in cash and IP that's worth billions and they are growing.

The amiibos, pokemon company, smart phone games and theme parks only spell a monster rising again. 

Nintendo was never doomed.

Contrary to belief that these giant brands are fighting each other, that simply isn't their bussiness. They share the same currency If one is having a bad stake in the market share, then the other will feel it aswell. They have a respect, working along side each other and if one were in dire straights, the other would help them out now. That might not of been entirely the case before, but they've grown up much realizing they are big enough now and see clearly they need each other. Both of them make Japan. Take one away and the other would be left holding the world on it's shoulder. 

Around the Network

Nintendo were never doomed... but they sure were on that road.

Nintendo is developing games based on their IPs, for the first time ever, on iOS and Android. Why? Because the pressure of investors and a failing console was too much for them to handle. So, they gave in.
It wasn't the money in the bank that made investors relax.
That old idea that Nintendo has enough money to develop a few more failures, it's just that, a nice, comforting idea.

Wii U was an absolute failure. 3DS, despite doing respectable numbers, when compared to the likes of DS and GBA, not only does it look bad, it shows that those days are over for Nintendo - bar a new DS/Wii like feature.

Switch might be doing great, but that's not enough to spell success.
For now it's selling on 3/4 system sellers and a really cool concept. But what about a year or two from now?

Also, what if Nintendo never develops a 3DS successor?
All pressure will lie on Switch. And Nintendo is known for failing in the segment.

DélioPT said:
Nintendo were never doomed... but they sure were on that road.

1.) Nintendo is developing games based on their IPs, for the first time ever, on iOS and Android. Why? Because the pressure of investors and a failing console was too much for them to handle. So, they gave in.
It wasn't the money in the bank that made investors relax.
That old idea that Nintendo has enough money to develop a few more failures, it's just that, a nice, comforting idea.

2.) Wii U was an absolute failure. 3DS, despite doing respectable numbers, when compared to the likes of DS and GBA, not only does it look bad, it shows that those days are over for Nintendo - bar a new DS/Wii like feature.

3.) Switch might be doing great, but that's not enough to spell success.
For now it's selling on 3/4 system sellers and a really cool concept. But what about a year or two from now?

4.) Also, what if Nintendo never develops a 3DS successor?
All pressure will lie on Switch. And Nintendo is known for failing in the segment.

Every single one of your points is completely illogical.

1.) 3DS sales were up (and are still up) in the period after Nintendo started making mobile games. So, rather than replacing it, mobile has actually improved Nintendo's console business, which is exactly what they stated as the purpose of developing mobile games.

2.) 3DS has sold vastly more first-party software than the GBA. Nintendo would gladly trade 9 million in console sales for 90 million in software sales.

3.) Two years from now, Nintendo will have released a dozen new games. You know, just like every other console that has ever existed. Do you think Nintendo is just going to stop making games after this year or something?

4.) The Switch is a 3DS successor. Nintendo is not known for failing in the handheld market. You're trying to spin this as some sort of negative, when in reality, the Switch benefits greatly from being the only Nintendo console going forward. Now their home-console masterpieces like Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey are on the same platform as their immensely popular handheld IPs like Pokémon and Animal Crossing.

I'm pretty sure if the Switch failed, it would have been the end of Nintendo, read they wouldn't have had the money to recoup the costs of R&D.

Also, I'm pretty sure going mobile was the reason their stocks jumped so much, it was pretty much ALL mobile news. Pokemon (and other mobile games) saved Nintendo.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
I'm pretty sure if the Switch failed, it would have been the end of Nintendo, read they wouldn't have had the money to recoup the costs of R&D.

Also, I'm pretty sure going mobile was the reason their stocks jumped so much, it was pretty much ALL mobile news. Pokemon (and other mobile games) saved Nintendo.

I'm sorry to be rude, and I actually don't mean to be rude, but you obviously don't read financial reports. Therefore, your sentiment is factually wrong.

GoOnKid said:
Ali_16x said:

I'm sorry to be rude, and I actually don't mean to be rude, but you obviously don't read financial reports. Therefore, your sentiment is factually wrong.

Well I'm not sure about the R&D thing, but if you got evidence go ahead and post it but the thing about mobile is 100%.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"