By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your unpopular/controversial gaming opinions

John2290 said:
Legend of Zelda: Breasts of the wild is an overrated game amounting to a bit more than a "solid 7" (As the term goes) type game. It's nothing special in many aspects, great in some others but strays off the mark of brilliance that it could have gotten to and brings little we haven't seen before. I find it funny though that I'd give the game an easy 8 but people still think that score is controversial and it deserves noting less than 10. Shame.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=224853&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=225373&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226474&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=226647&page=1
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8315350

Warned ~ CGI

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Legend of Zelda: Breasts of the wild is an overrated game amounting to a bit more than a "solid 7" (As the term goes) type game. It's nothing special in many aspects, great in some others but strays off the mark of brilliance that it could have gotten to and brings little we haven't seen before. I find it funny though that I'd give the game an easy 8 but people still think that score is controversial and it deserves noting less than 10. Shame.

You called Horizon Zero Dawn a perfect game. The games are quite literally almost as flawed as one another. You have no credibility tbh fam

New CoDs will never be as good as classic ones because we as gamers have aged and remember the classic times we had with them and the new ones don't replicate this (plus they are made to make money, not to be good games anymore).

Adding Street Fighter style combat to Tekken has hurt it. I saw a tournament the other day on Twitch, the people were playing Akuma vs Elisa in Tekken 7 and the commentators were talking about their super meters... What?

Crash 2 is the best Crash game (and one of the best games ever made).

Overwatch is an awful competitive game to watch because you only see the action through 1 player's eyes (same goes for CoD), if you are watching 1 guy on twitch play it's okay just not eSport wise.

FF13 is the worst FF game (oh wait, that's no controversial :P)

Hmm, pie.

John2290 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

You called Horizon Zero Dawn a perfect game. The games are quite literally almost as flawed as one another. You have no credibility tbh fam

I'd quite gaming in this mock world of yours where BoTW is as good as Horizon in all the same ways, If I ever said Horizon was a perfect game I was exagerated or taken out of context but the game is certainly a 10 in my book on a scale of 1 to The witcher 3.

Well then you better quite gaming. Because BOTW is better than Horizon. They're just both flawed.

Horizon is not even close to TW3...

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
John2290 said:

I'd quite gaming in this mock world of yours where BoTW is as good as Horizon in all the same ways, If I ever said Horizon was a perfect game I was exagerated or taken out of context but the game is certainly a 10 in my book on a scale of 1 to The witcher 3.

Well then you better quite gaming. Because BOTW is better than Horizon. They're just both flawed.

Horizon is not even close to TW3...

I like Horizon more than Witcher 3. The combat elevates the game above The Witcher 3. Also is better in all technical aspects.

World design in both games are amazing and the both have great stories and characters.

Around the Network

flashfire926 said:

Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012 was a great game and spiritual successor to burnout, and is better than Most Wanted 2005.

edit: The Xbox 360 is a vastly superior console than the PS3.

I wouldn't call these two controversial. Most Wanted 2012 was a superb game that included a lot of stuff from Burnout that felt at home in NFS. The 2005 game is great, but it can't compete with the incredible open world of the 2012 game. For me, MW 2012 is up there with the 2 Underground games.

I also think that the 360 is a vastly superior machine to the PS3. It was cheaper to manufacture, easier to develop for and it basically matched the Ps3 in power. PS3 was expensive and failed to be more powerful ("power of the Cell", what a joke). It managed to cost way more to be manufactured without any big advantage. I am not saying that the 360 had better games, but it was a better machine for sure. Sony competed using their firsty party output and brand name basically, because the hardware itself was a disaster.

The only argument I think people could use to invalidate the superiority of the 360 is that it basically couldn't work reliably until 2008-9, it was a freaking disaster. I believe that the reason why MS didn't wipe the floor with Sony was because when they finally figured out how to build a X360 that wouldn't break in a month Sony already had figured out how to make a cheap PS3, developers had (kind of) figured out how to make 3rd party games not run terribly on it and  the 1st party output was great at this point.

Mine are:

- I think Fallout is a bad game. I can't see why people like it, the shooting mechanics are beyond broken.

- While they create masterpieces like Skyrim, Bethesda is not a good publisher because they always release broken games. They get a free pass from game critics.

- The Souls game are not that good. Expect Bloodborne, it is a huge improvement and is actually a good game.

- I liked Knack. For real. Not a masterpiece, but a 50s on Meta is ridiculous. Solid 75 for me. Fun, has co-op, only issue really is the checkpoint system.

- The opinion people have in forums is far from what the mainstream thinks. Most people like EA and Activision, except forum nerds like us.

- VR is going to be a big flop. Companies will quit trying to make this work when the tech clearly is not here yet.

- The 360 controller is not as good as people say. The bumpers are terrible and the D-pad is a bad joke.

- Battlefield is nowhere as good as people say. BF3 and 4 had pathetic campaigns and even the MP was not fun at all.

Azuren said:
Shooters are single-handedly ruining video games.

Mario is as overrated as a game knows how to be.

Final Fantasy IX was a steaming pile of shit.

you spoke the gospel right there!

I find console FPS and third person shooter games in general to be garbage thanks to dual analog controls. Mouse and keyboard or IR motion aiming are good, but aiming with 2 control sticks is awful. That's one of the main reasons I game primarily with Nintendo and PC. A higher proportion of games that aren't shooters, and better controls for the shooters they do have.