By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your unpopular/controversial gaming opinions

I hate the raids in Destiny 1/2, they suck what is fun out of the game by sticking you into a circle with spongy enemys and expect you to play with ninja reflexes. doing that shit 20 to 30 times isnt fun!

Around the Network
VGPolyglot said:
OTBWY said:

I am talking about more human or humanoid characters obviously. I have no problem with playing ms Pacman.

But why? Have you ever analyzed yourself, in an attempt to understand why that is the case?

Yes I have thought about it a long time. I have the same with movies. First I want to explain that I am not sexist or anything. I was raised in a female majority household. I am also not transphobic or anything else. I guess the thing I care most about games is immersion and being able to project myself (connected to my sense of escapism). 

GOWTLOZ said:

Souls series are far better than any other RPG game, every Souls game is better than every other RPG. That includes Witcher 3.

- That's not controversial at all. Many people who are fans think the same. It's actually pretty widespread.

Speaking of Witcher 3, its combat sucks. That also brings down the quality of the game. 

- Also a very common complaint about the game. So again, nothing controversial there.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta is the best handheld and portable game of all time.

- Based on your avatar and history here, that was quite predictable. Nothing controversial coming from you.

Something I've noticed, PSP was hated because it brought console quality games on the go which apparently no one wanted, same with Vita, yet the Switch is praised by everyone for doing the same thing.

- The PSP and Vita, for the most part, brought console-like experiences on the go. The Switch brings console experiences on the go. I am not sure you will understand the nuance.

Hynad said:

GOWTLOZ said:

Souls series are far better than any other RPG game, every Souls game is better than every other RPG. That includes Witcher 3.

- That's not controversial at all. Many people who are fans think the same. It's actually pretty widespread.

Speaking of Witcher 3, its combat sucks. That also brings down the quality of the game. 

- Also a very common complaint about the game. So again, nothing controversial there.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta is the best handheld and portable game of all time.

- Based on your avatar and history here, that was quite predictable. Nothing controversial coming from you.

Something I've noticed, PSP was hated because it brought console quality games on the go which apparently no one wanted, same with Vita, yet the Switch is praised by everyone for doing the same thing.

- The PSP and Vita, for the most part, brought console-like experiences on the go. The Switch brings console experiences on the go. I am not sure you will understand the nuance.

Exactly! He should post here instead: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231217&page=1

*smiles passive agressively*

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Super_Boom said:
Hynad said:

Exactly! He should post here instead: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=231217&page=1

*smiles passive agressively*

Should I make a "Your kind of popular/potentially controversial gaming opinions" thread?

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
NPCmates said:

I think the Xbox 360 had a pretty passionate fan base like Vita. Lets look at exclusives ps3 had a bunch of like 1-2mil sellers which could mean the fans were all over the place but 360 had huge exclusives and a lot of cross over so fans would buy Gears Halo Forza and then there 3rd party like Cod. Just off top of head haven't looked into this for awhile it was an old theory but yeah. i would love some help to put together a powerpoint presentation but that would take time haha Like we all know the red ring shit was crazy yet they still kept selling which is another sign at how much the fans loved it I had a couple friends who must have bought more than 10 between them and this is in Australia where it was 50/50 between Xbox and Playstation. This post is getting long but another thing that just came to mind is Xbox One is around 30mil even after that crazy start and the domination of the ps4 hence why I think the fan base is around 45-55mil. Only Microsoft would know but still a fun theory in my opinion.

I think you didn't get my point. 360 has 1 billion software sales total tracked on this site with tie ratio 11.74. PS3 ia at 974 million software sales with 11.21 tie ratio. So, if you think that almost every second 360 was a replacement console after RROD, that would mean that the tie ratio for 360 is at 20+. I just don't see how such a huge tie ratio can be possible for any console?

Oh sorry. That's a good point I guess my case for that would be, ok I know I'm assuming but most would have gotten all Gears all Halo and it was known as the fps bro console so most of the cods. When you start thinking like that its not hard to see the ratio pass 20. I'm not an xbox fan and I have over 20 and went through 2 360s and from reading forums and even seeing my mates collection a lot of people have 40+ and I'm being generous (2 of them actually have over 200 each haha). Then you can add in Forza, Fable and all the indies that were pushed. Would 60-65mil make it more easier to swallow this theory?

Maybe it's not uncommon, but it seems unpopular.

I thought since it was announced and still think that PS(VR) is a scam people regularly fall for (Also vevo and the others). It's a 3D screen in your face. Theres nothing revolutionary about it imo. There never was.

I'm not content with Nintendo and the switch. I still think that it's just another Wii U with a screen you can take further and didn't do enough to adress the problems Nintendo home consoles have. It was just another piece of hardware pushed out.
(I know you're raging and pressing the quote button, because ofc you are. Don't do it, i don't want to debate it. Not what this thread is.)

I enjoyed the Wii U. Didn't have many games, but it had really good ones and many ran at 60fps, something i wish every game did. Also, i'm typing this on the Wii U. 

I disliked The last of Us. It had horrible pacing, it felt like a badly stiched together game that went nowhere and didn't climax. I never understood what the rave was, besides some sort of resonance with american audiences in the setting.

Maybe less shocking but i think the Tales series became terrible since Xillia (too cliche, low budget). Fire emblem series became terrible since awakening (became a breeding and grind fest).

Monster hunter is terrible aswell imo. I dislike how unbelievably slow the combat is and i am not excited for world at all.

I find the idea of dying and wasting my progress in the souls series and clones that i'm not even willing to give it a chance. Combat looks slow aswell, just like MH. That kind of combat just doesn't roll with me.

I think i have more of these. I'm opinionated. :P

I don't think making a "handheld-only" or "home-only" Switch upgrade is ideal, at least in the form people are suggesting. What's the damn point of calling it the Switch, then? The main feature of the Switch is the ability to "switch" between playing home console games on the TV and on-the-go and vice versa. Taking out the ability to do one or the other is kinda pointless in terms of marketing the Switch. It's like Lucina being called "Masked Marth" when she no longer has her mask on. Excuse the spoilers for those who didn't want to hear that. If you want to remove the main feature of the console, you might as well call it something else. People were already confused about the Wii U and its purpose, imagine telling a unaware kid or adult that the new, upgraded Switch is more powerful or more portable, but doesn't have the main feature that made it the "Switch" in the first place.

Kai_Mao said:

I don't think making a "handheld-only" or "home-only" Switch upgrade is ideal, at least in the form people are suggesting. What's the damn point of calling it the Switch, then? The main feature of the Switch is the ability to "switch" between playing home console games on the TV and on-the-go and vice versa. Taking out the ability to do one or the other is kinda pointless in terms of marketing the Switch. It's like Lucina being called "Masked Marth" when she no longer has her mask on. Excuse the spoilers for those who didn't want to hear that. If you want to remove the main feature of the console, you might as well call it something else. People were already confused about the Wii U and its purpose, imagine telling a unaware kid or adult that the new, upgraded Switch is more powerful or more portable, but doesn't have the main feature that made it the "Switch" in the first place.

Well said. I totally agree on this. 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Snoopy said:
EricFabian said:
Xbox brand did nothing for game community. Nothing. It will never be important as Nintendo or Sony. NEVER

Despite Microsoft making online console gaming great, made FPS on consoles work well,  brought acheivements, easy to develop hardware oppose to Sony making complicated architectures.

Also, the OG xbox outsold the gamecube and the xbox one outsold the Wii U. Microsoft is very relevant in the gaming industry and out of the big three they are expanding the most. 

OT: I wish Microsoft went through with the 24 hour online check in. Used games causes more harm than good.

Someone forgot about GoldenEye and Perfect Dark.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)