By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your unpopular/controversial gaming opinions

Versus_Evil said:
I utterly hate being forced to play as male characters and have avoided buying games on that basis alone. I fucking despise RPGs that have a forced male character.

For me it's the other way around lol.

It's even the reason why I as a Nintendo fan, don't play Metroid.

Around the Network
NPCmates said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

But VGChartz software sales say otherwise. Or do you think that Xbox 360 had way bigger attach ratio than PS3 then?

I think the Xbox 360 had a pretty passionate fan base like Vita. Lets look at exclusives ps3 had a bunch of like 1-2mil sellers which could mean the fans were all over the place but 360 had huge exclusives and a lot of cross over so fans would buy Gears Halo Forza and then there 3rd party like Cod. Just off top of head haven't looked into this for awhile it was an old theory but yeah. i would love some help to put together a powerpoint presentation but that would take time haha Like we all know the red ring shit was crazy yet they still kept selling which is another sign at how much the fans loved it I had a couple friends who must have bought more than 10 between them and this is in Australia where it was 50/50 between Xbox and Playstation. This post is getting long but another thing that just came to mind is Xbox One is around 30mil even after that crazy start and the domination of the ps4 hence why I think the fan base is around 45-55mil. Only Microsoft would know but still a fun theory in my opinion.

I think you didn't get my point. 360 has 1 billion software sales total tracked on this site with tie ratio 11.74. PS3 ia at 974 million software sales with 11.21 tie ratio. So, if you think that almost every second 360 was a replacement console after RROD, that would mean that the tie ratio for 360 is at 20+. I just don't see how such a huge tie ratio can be possible for any console?

OTBWY said:
Versus_Evil said:
I utterly hate being forced to play as male characters and have avoided buying games on that basis alone. I fucking despise RPGs that have a forced male character.

You miss on such great games though

derpysquirtle64 said:
OTBWY said:

You miss on such great games though

I know. But it is a feeling. I cannot help it or force myself. I have thought about it and at the end of the day, what I want in a game is a way to immerse and project myself into the games I play.

Versus_Evil said:

I assume this is more of a "male avatar" kind of situation, where characters are created with little to no personality and you are just forced to be a man (like many single player games).
If so I also find very annoying.

Around the Network

Switch has just one good exclusive, as its said by everyone even though its not a real exclusive, that's a launch title and as I said not a Switch exclusive.

Infamous and God of War are better series than Uncharted and all three Infamous games and five of six God of War games are better than The Last of Us.

BioShock is a decent game, but nothing amazing. The only amazing part of it was the story twist.

Souls series are far better than any other RPG game, every Souls game is better than every other RPG. That includes Witcher 3.

Speaking of Witcher 3, its combat sucks. That also brings down the quality of the game.

Arkham Knight is an amazing game and the best open world game this generation and is disliked primarily because of optimisation issues on PC.

God of War: Ghost of Sparta is the best handheld and portable game of all time.

GTA Vice City Stories is the best GTA game ever made and is disliked mostly by people who never played it.

Something I've noticed, PSP was hated because it brought console quality games on the go which apparently no one wanted, same with Vita, yet the Switch is praised by everyone for doing the same thing.

Wii Music has many redeeming qualities and can be fun

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

OTBWY said:
Versus_Evil said:

I don't understand people like that at all. Do you not play games like Pac-Man either? Or is that somehow more relateable than a female?

VGPolyglot said:
OTBWY said:

I don't understand people like that at all. Do you not play games like Pac-Man either? Or is that somehow more relateable than a female?

I am talking about more human or humanoid characters obviously. I have no problem with playing ms Pacman.

OTBWY said:
VGPolyglot said:

I am talking about more human or humanoid characters obviously. I have no problem with playing ms Pacman.

But why? Have you ever analyzed yourself, in an attempt to understand why that is the case?