By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Your unpopular/controversial gaming opinions

1. The Xbone controller is the most comfortable controller ever, only behind the X360.
2. Smash series can be ranked in quality from newest to oldest.
3. Persona series can be ranked in quality from newest to oldest.
4. F-Zero X is a superior title to F-Zero GX.
5. Majoras Mask does not rank in the top 5 Zelda games
6. BotW's rain and weapon break mechanics enhanced the game.
7. FE#:TMS was the best JRPG of 2016 and will go down as an underrated classic of the genre.
8. MGSV is the second best Metal Gear game.
9. Sakurai leaving the development of SSB will improve the overall quality of future titles.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network

Also, Most Wanted 2005 is the greatest street racing game ever made, and the new one is only shares similarity in name alone. *squints at OP*

HandofPrometheus said:
Mystro-Sama said:
- Battle Network is the best of the Megaman series
- Arkham Knight is the best Arkham
- Bioshock 2 is better than 1

OMG another Battle Network fan! Megaman.EXE is the best Megaman imo.

1. Pokemon 4th gen was the best Pokemon games.

2. Kingdom Hearts franchise isn't that great.

3. Skyrim is a boring rpg.

If Capcom announced BN7 or a reboot for Switch I would gush so hard. Instant Switch purchase.

NPCmates said:
I got a theory Xbox never really had that big of a fan base with its 85+mil last gen and that it was more like 45-55mil due to the fact heaps of people had to buy new ones. Everyone I personal know had to get a 2nd one and more than 50% of the people I knew brought more than 3. Not to mention the double dipping. Just a theory but have found a little bit of evidence to back it up. Every one thinks that the PR for the Xbox One was what fucked them and that might be true I still think it wasn't just the PR.

But VGChartz software sales say otherwise. Or do you think that Xbox 360 had way bigger attach ratio than PS3 then?

Arminillo said:
Also, Most Wanted 2005 is the greatest street racing game ever made, and the new one is only shares similarity in name alone. *squints at OP*

How is this even an unpopular opinion lol. Like 90% of racing fans think mw2005 as a holy grail for street racing games tbh.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network
Versus_Evil said:
I utterly hate being forced to play as male characters and have avoided buying games on that basis alone. I fucking despise RPGs that have a forced male character.

Does that include the Persona games? I think you got Persona 5?

Versus_Evil said:
I utterly hate being forced to play as male characters and have avoided buying games on that basis alone. I fucking despise RPGs that have a forced male character.

Why?!?!??!!

derpysquirtle64 said:
NPCmates said:
I got a theory Xbox never really had that big of a fan base with its 85+mil last gen and that it was more like 45-55mil due to the fact heaps of people had to buy new ones. Everyone I personal know had to get a 2nd one and more than 50% of the people I knew brought more than 3. Not to mention the double dipping. Just a theory but have found a little bit of evidence to back it up. Every one thinks that the PR for the Xbox One was what fucked them and that might be true I still think it wasn't just the PR.

But VGChartz software sales say otherwise. Or do you think that Xbox 360 had way bigger attach ratio than PS3 then?

I think the Xbox 360 had a pretty passionate fan base like Vita. Lets look at exclusives ps3 had a bunch of like 1-2mil sellers which could mean the fans were all over the place but 360 had huge exclusives and a lot of cross over so fans would buy Gears Halo Forza and then there 3rd party like Cod. Just off top of head haven't looked into this for awhile it was an old theory but yeah. i would love some help to put together a powerpoint presentation but that would take time haha Like we all know the red ring shit was crazy yet they still kept selling which is another sign at how much the fans loved it I had a couple friends who must have bought more than 10 between them and this is in Australia where it was 50/50 between Xbox and Playstation. This post is getting long but another thing that just came to mind is Xbox One is around 30mil even after that crazy start and the domination of the ps4 hence why I think the fan base is around 45-55mil. Only Microsoft would know but still a fun theory in my opinion.

- StarFox: Zero was a good game.

- Nintendo is the best gaming developer. (I also own a PS4 and play third-party titles on my Switch constantly, in case this sounds too... fanatic XD).

- Sexism is present in a huge quantity of games in the market. Though the trend is reverting lately. Not gonna discuss this, it never ends well .

- MOBAs communities are the worse.

- Sales like Steam Summer Sales are not healthy for the market. It devalues games.

- There should be a robust quality control in any platform. If the game is painfully bad, it shouldn't have any visibility on the market at all.

- Rockstar Games are shit, except for GTA:V which is... awesome. I've never expected that. GTA 1/2 are better than 3/San Andreas/etc. until V came out.

- Elder Scrolls games are overrated. They're not that bad, but not GOTY material in any possible way.

- Motion controls are the best way to play games if they're well implemented. That's the reason why the Wii rocks.

- The indie scene is second in my book, next to Nintendo, because they provide experiences that we can't find in the mass market, and some of the indie developers are less afraid to innovate. Well, the quality games, there are a lot of shovelware (which wouldn't need to exist with a better quality control).

Well, that's it for the time being. Now, come at me, except for the sexism thing.

Versus_Evil said:

Thats like, 46 of the top 50 RPGS ever made...I certainly understand if its a create-a-character situation, but what about games like Kingdom Hearts, when you play a main character that isnt a custom?