Forums - Politics Discussion - Congress first articles of impeachment to filed against Trump

vivster said:
noagenda said:

His comment was perfectly understandable; but it violates your preconception, so you won't research.

Then explain it to me. I don't see what that comment adds or contests in my post. What does the KKK have to do with Pence being a bigot and less of a threat than Trump? Or is he saying that the fact that there were once KKK members in the senate that Trump isn't so bad in comparison?

I just don't understand.

Go look up who started those things; or are you INCABABLE, not just unwilling, of doing research?

Here's a hint:  It wasn't Pence's political party that started those things. 

Around the Network
vivster said:
noagenda said:

His comment was perfectly understandable; but it violates your preconception, so you won't research.

Then explain it to me. I don't see what that comment adds or contests in my post. What does the KKK have to do with Pence being a bigot and less of a threat than Trump? Or is he saying that the fact that there were once KKK members in the senate that Trump isn't so bad in comparison?

I just don't understand.

It's that really idiotic conservative talking point that because the democratic party was the one that did racist things in the past republicans couldn't possibly be the racist ones now. What I don't get about that, though, is the idea that the KKK was started by democrats so the republicans can't be the the racist party now, but then why do the KKK vote republican now? THey decided to mend their ways and vote for the non-racist party now, or perhaps the KKK is still just as racist, and who they support has changed with things like the Southern Strategy. 

noagenda said:
vivster said:

I just don't understand.

Go look up who started those things; or are you INCABABLE, not just unwilling, of doing research?

Here's a hint:  It wasn't Pence's political party that started those things. 

So?

Let's say Democrats did some racist things in the past like starting the KKK. What does that have to do with Trump and Pence being harmful to society? And why are Republicans the ones currently catering and supporting the KKK and the KKK exclusively voting Republican and supporting the President?

Are you suggesting that Republicans are the new racist and bigoted Democrats?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Torillian said:
vivster said:

I just don't understand.

It's that really idiotic conservative talking point that because the democratic party was the one that did racist things in the past republicans couldn't possibly be the racist ones now. What I don't get about that, though, is the idea that the KKK was started by democrats so the republicans can't be the the racist party now, but then why do the KKK vote republican now? THey decided to mend their ways and vote for the non-racist party now, or perhaps the KKK is still just as racist, and who they support has changed with things like the Southern Strategy. 

I figured as much. The only time people urge you to do research yourself is when they cannot back up theirs with facts^^

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Torillian said:
vivster said:

I just don't understand.

The liberal talking points that republicans are racists or that the south is racist is just as idiotic as saying that any republicans can't be racist now. 

Around the Network

I hope it fails

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Hopefully if they take Trump down he can take some of these scumbags down with him.Surely nobody here still thinks these democrats are dirt free?

Aeolus451 said:
Torillian said:

The liberal talking points that republicans are racists or that the south is racist is just as idiotic as saying that any republicans can't be racist now. 

The vast majority of republicans and of the south are not racist, but there certainly is a higher proportion of racist tendencies in both groups. I think polls like this: https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2011/04/mississippi-republicans/349433/ are the most telling for such a claim. I would suggest that only by combining the tendencies of both the GOP and the south can you get any group where 46% would say that interracial marriage should be illegal. I'd be interested to see more overall data on the South and the GOP, and I'll try to look for some later. 

So... is the U.S. trying to get into the impeachment trend, just like Brazil and South Korea? Interesting...

So is there an actual crime? How many times must he continue to disavow white supremacists?Are his decades of commentary against racism not enough?

BTW, interesting happenings in Berkeley...again.