Forums - Politics Discussion - Congress first articles of impeachment to filed against Trump

OhNoYouDont said:
irstupid said:
The whole you are your own worst enemy is really applying to the democratic party right now.

It's only gotten worse since Trump has been in office. They are like doubling down on calling pretty much anyone who doesn't agree with them as racists, bigots, ect. You know the whole Deplorables. Every time Trump does something that I think will lose him voters in the next election, the democrats do something that is even more off putting in response to that.

Then their big new slogan ends up being like a papa johns rip-off. Hilarious.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

You look at approval ratings accross the globe and most all leaders are very very bad. Quite a few even big names are lower than Trump. I'm more inclined to believe that most all people just hate their leaders/govt in general versus it being a sole trump thing.

But as above person said, polls aren't the most reliable things these days.



Around the Network
vivster said:
noagenda said:

Go look up who started those things; or are you INCABABLE, not just unwilling, of doing research?

Here's a hint:  It wasn't Pence's political party that started those things. 

So?

Let's say Democrats did some racist things in the past like starting the KKK. What does that have to do with Trump and Pence being harmful to society? And why are Republicans the ones currently catering and supporting the KKK and the KKK exclusively voting Republican and supporting the President?

Are you suggesting that Republicans are the new racist and bigoted Democrats?

 

Where is your evidence to these claims?  They are pretty big claims, so you must have some pretty big evidence. 

 

How about Hillary, Obama and Bill at a KKK Granddragons funeral?  Are they republican?  Can you find a similar event?



vivster said:
Torillian said:

It's that really idiotic conservative talking point that because the democratic party was the one that did racist things in the past republicans couldn't possibly be the racist ones now. What I don't get about that, though, is the idea that the KKK was started by democrats so the republicans can't be the the racist party now, but then why do the KKK vote republican now? THey decided to mend their ways and vote for the non-racist party now, or perhaps the KKK is still just as racist, and who they support has changed with things like the Southern Strategy. 

I figured as much. The only time people urge you to do research yourself is when they cannot back up theirs with facts^^

Facts like the Democrats started the KKK and supported it until the 70s.  Facts like Clintons and Obama going to a granddragons funeral?

You still haven't given ANY facts, so you best becareful calling out others on such a claim.  Makes you look like a fool.



Superman4 said:
OhNoYouDont said:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

How did those polls work out for the Election?

That site gave CNN and A- for it's reliability, and only gave Gallup a B+....that tells you everything you need to know right there.



noagenda said:
vivster said:

So?

Let's say Democrats did some racist things in the past like starting the KKK. What does that have to do with Trump and Pence being harmful to society? And why are Republicans the ones currently catering and supporting the KKK and the KKK exclusively voting Republican and supporting the President?

Are you suggesting that Republicans are the new racist and bigoted Democrats?

 

Where is your evidence to these claims?  They are pretty big claims, so you must have some pretty big evidence. 

 

How about Hillary, Obama and Bill at a KKK Granddragons funeral?  Are they republican?  Can you find a similar event?

For someone extolling the necessity of evidence you aren't providing any of your own. Far as I can find Byrd was a Kleagle btw so I'm curious to hear who this granddragon was that Obama, Hillary, and Bill attended the funeral of. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan_members_in_United_States_politics



...

Around the Network
noagenda said:
vivster said:

I figured as much. The only time people urge you to do research yourself is when they cannot back up theirs with facts^^

Facts like the Democrats started the KKK and supported it until the 70s.  Facts like Clintons and Obama going to a granddragons funeral?

You still haven't given ANY facts, so you best becareful calling out others on such a claim.  Makes you look like a fool.

You do realize the parties switched in the decades following after the Civil War.  Republicans are what Democrats used to be. 



sethnintendo said:
noagenda said:

Facts like the Democrats started the KKK and supported it until the 70s.  Facts like Clintons and Obama going to a granddragons funeral?

You still haven't given ANY facts, so you best becareful calling out others on such a claim.  Makes you look like a fool.

You do realize the parties switched in the decades following after the Civil War.  Republicans are what Democrats used to be. 

This. I have had to tell so many people this because they post propaganda against democrats from stuff that happened prior to the parties switching sides. I am not dem or rep, but Jesus people should know this stuff instead of just trying to attack the other side of the aisle with "facts" that don't even hold truth.



NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Aeolus451 said:
sethnintendo said:

I've heard plenty of republican neighbors or friends of friends call Obama or black people n word.  It happens.  I'm in Austin area the supposedly liberal hideout of Texas.

Alot of people use that word and others because they know it's offensive/insulting. Have you ever seen a mexican and a black person argue to the point they're about to fight? They say alot of racist stuff to get at eachother. It doesn't make them racist just by that. 

Yea I see your point.  I've heard plenty of Hispanics call their own people pretty degrading words.  I suppose I do the same considering I have no problem calling someone white trash.  Hell, most very sensitive people would probably consider me racist.  I'd say I'm prejudice but I'm also prejudice against anyone I don't know.  I don't trust anyone I don't know well and expect the worse in people.  That way if they do something nice for me then I can be pleasantly surprised.



irstupid said:
OhNoYouDont said:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

You look at approval ratings accross the globe and most all leaders are very very bad. Quite a few even big names are lower than Trump. I'm more inclined to believe that most all people just hate their leaders/govt in general versus it being a sole trump thing.

But as above person said, polls aren't the most reliable things these days.

I'd be very interested in reading your source on that. And the link I shared has past presidents as a comparison point, so of course your apologetics is lacking.

National polls were within 2 points, state polls within 3.7. Have your 3.7, hell have your 5-6 points (like WI polls) and you're still left with a resoundingly abysmal approval rating.

But hey, don't allow facts to tread on your fantasy.