By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn is awesome!

dane007 said:

Glad to hear u loved it. I played 20 hours and I found it boring. Don't get wrong the enemies and the graphics are beautiful and the ways to kill the big robot are awesome. However for me the world was empty. As u traverse from one area to the next, world itself is bare. Some ares were cool though where u had forest and u ahd the tiny robot scanning the place and sometimes u had bigger ones around the smaller ones. However there was many of those. Guess I got spoiled with read redemption 2,, witcher series and assasin creed series starting with origins. Plus the story was boring for me and the main character was one dimensional. I didn't really care for her lol

I will have to try it again and give it another shot. Hopefully when that happens I finish the game!

Aloy is very well written imo. She can display a plethora of conflicting emotions and traits during the game, she understand empathy, but is also very goal-oriented at a point she can come out as cold and blunt. She has sort of a tribal mindset she need to protect her culture and people around her, yet she pretty much reject most of their values and never truly feels like part of them, deep down Aloy was always an outcast. She values others religiosity out of respect and understand why it's important for less technological developed people, yet she's pretty much an atheist since the beginning and don't really get surprised (I'd say rather relieved) when discovered most of the lore of her world was just fantasy. 

I also think many ignore her journey was not only about being some hero saving the world as she barely have that in mind until she discovered what Faro Machines were capable to do, and even do she seems to keep her journey more out of necessity cause... well she doesn't really want to see the world destroyed right? I actually see most of her journey as about self discovering, who was she, why she was born and who was her mother. Her insightful and curious nature even if tempered with a strong traditional squared logic always moved her to understanding what happened with her world, what is the history behind it, etc

I don't see her as an unidimensional at all 

Around the Network
dane007 said:

Glad to hear u loved it. I played 20 hours and I found it boring. Don't get wrong the enemies and the graphics are beautiful and the ways to kill the big robot are awesome. However for me the world was empty. As u traverse from one area to the next, world itself is bare. Some ares were cool though where u had forest and u ahd the tiny robot scanning the place and sometimes u had bigger ones around the smaller ones. However there was many of those. Guess I got spoiled with read redemption 2,, witcher series and assasin creed series starting with origins. Plus the story was boring for me and the main character was one dimensional. I didn't really care for her lol

I will have to try it again and give it another shot. Hopefully when that happens I finish the game!

Well the world had to be sort of empty honestly. The robots took over and man was on the brink of extinction. Wouldn't make sense to have people and towns all over the place. I love the story though.

It's funny though because BOTW was very similar a big open empty world. I was kind of shocked after playin Genshin Impact which copied BOTW and seeing how their world is full of stuff to do. Not just townspeople but actual stuff that is fun and interesting to do. On top of that fact that doing it provides you with great rewards. That was my main issue with BOTW great game but an empty world with no one in it. Even the enemies were barely there it felt like.

On my first playthrough, game was very good, but nothing special. Few months later, I replayed it again, this time went through all weapon upgrades to max and higher difficulty, and became one of the best games ever. Definitely in top 5 of last gen.

On my first playthrough, game was very good, but nothing special. Few months later, I replayed it again, this time went through all weapon upgrades to max and higher difficulty, and became one of the best games ever. Definitely in top 5 of last gen.

Around the Network

Top 5 PS4 for sure.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Haven't tried it but will soon, heard only good things. And your words DEF make it easier.

yeah never mind