By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Horizon Zero Dawn is awesome!

Stil havn't played it to many other good games I might give it a look later but the setting and main character both didn't appeal to me.

The fact I was playing Nier Automata on PC and Persona and NioH where available on my PS4 certainly didn't increase its chances of being played.

And Shadow of War and AC are releasing soon which look like more my type of open world game but I am happy single player exclusives still sell well and people are enjoying them!




Twitter @CyberMalistix

Around the Network
malistix1985 said:
Stil havn't played it to many other good games I might give it a look later but the setting and main character both didn't appeal to me.

The fact I was playing Nier Automata on PC and Persona and NioH where available on my PS4 certainly didn't increase its chances of being played.

And Shadow of War and AC are releasing soon which look like more my type of open world game but I am happy single player exclusives still sell well and people are enjoying them!

To be honest I don't get "hyped" for games really anymore ... but I think my hype for Horizon went down the closer to release it got. I saw other stuff being released in the Triple A market and started to question if Horizon would go the same route, I ended up being thoroughly surprised though. I feel like a lot of the game is similar to Tomb Raider(and maybe AC ... but i've never played AC) so you might like it if you enjoy the standard open world game. You might not though.

With so many games coming out this year .. it's great to see everyone find their niche! I'm looking forward to Shadow of War with caucious optimism ... and I might pick up my first AC game this year



Yes it is.
Though from the 4 great games released this year that I played it's ranked 4th.
That's how damn good this year has been.




 

COKTOE said:
Get some sleep. It's really late. 4:18 am here for Christ's sake. Looks awesome though. Hope to play it some day.

Lol ... I posted this at 12 ya creep : D

Ya. I needed the freakin' sleep. Ha. That's what I get for commenting at 4:18 am.



- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:

 

Lol ... I posted this at 12 ya creep : D

Ya. I needed the freakin' sleep. Ha. That's what I get for commenting at 4:18 am.

https://youtu.be/vTThyYf8zlg



Around the Network

80% complete right now and Horizon just keeps getting better. It's not perfect, but holds its own for an original.

Had a good laugh when I came across "Zavala" from Destiny. Made me wonder if the Cauldrons and Rasputin war bunkers/Dino's and the Traveler/Corruption and Siva, all have something in common. Not really, but there's some similarities.

With the old texts and data points mentioning more dino's to the west, and something about a massive dead lake, I would have to imagine if there is a Horizon 2, that it could be set near Salt Lake City, Utah, considering Horizon is basically set near Denver, Colorado. I can't wait for the Frozen Wilds DLC and a possible sequel.



What I love most about Horizon: Zero Dawn is that it is familiar but also really refreshing at the same time. It's not a short game (I spent around 30 hours with it), but the storytelling still feels concise and efficient. The combat has some nice options that make encounters fun, even when you're just stacking up stealth kills from the relative safety of a bush. And the presentation end of the game holds up its end of things with a solid soundtrack, great voice acting, and a cohesive design that makes all its disparate parts fit together. All in all, it's a great game, it's Guerrilla's strongest release to date. I'm glad to see you enjoyed it as much as I did!



BraLoD said:
Yes it is.
Though from the 4 great games released this year that I played it's ranked 4th.
That's how damn good this year has been.

How would you rank the rest of the 3? I'm curious, because Horizon is really great. xD



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

LipeJJ said:
BraLoD said:
Yes it is.
Though from the 4 great games released this year that I played it's ranked 4th.
That's how damn good this year has been.

How would you rank the rest of the 3? I'm curious, because Horizon is really great. xD

3rd, 2nd and 1st?

Nioh: 10 (best game this gen, I read you found it letdown, you monster)

Persona 5: 10 (Morgana + Haru + Makoto + Futaba, 'nuff said)

Sonic Mania: 9,5 (sadly there are some silly smash deaths points, some stages are too big to look for the bonus rings properly with just 10 minutes and it lacked some Master System love, could have been a 10, I kinda still want to give it a 10, lol)

Horizon: 9 (I was thinking about 9,5 before, not anymore, still great nonetheless)



BraLoD said:
LipeJJ said:

How would you rank the rest of the 3? I'm curious, because Horizon is really great. xD

3rd, 2nd and 1st?

Nioh: 10 (best game this gen, I read you found it letdown, you monster)

Persona 5: 10 (Morgana + Haru + Makoto + Futaba, 'nuff said)

Sonic Mania: 9,5 (sadly there are some silly smash deaths points, some stages are too big to look for the bonus rings properly with just 10 minutes and it lacked some Master System love, could have been a 10, I kinda still want to give it a 10, lol)

Horizon: 9 (I was thinking about 9,5 before, not anymore, still great nonetheless)

Fair enough, that's a good top 5. About NiOh, I guess it just wasn't for me. xD But I still have to play the final version to judge it (I'll it later this year).  

Did you try Nier Automata?



Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won