By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you have a Pet :)

Do you have a Cat

no 24 22.22%

yes, Cat(s) 41 37.96%

Yes, Dog(s) 29 26.85%

yes, Bunnie(s) 0 0%

yes, Hamster(s) 0 0%

yes, Mice 0 0%

yes, Fish 6 5.56%

yes, Bird(s) 3 2.78%

yes, Snake(s) 0 0%

OTHER (Comment) 5 4.63%

Total:108
malistix1985 said:
vivster said:
I really want a cat or two but every time I honestly think about it I realize that it would be too much work. I can barely take care of myself.

If I can some day afford a full time house maid I'm definitely gonna get some cats.

Taking care of a cat isn't super high maintenance, just give it some food and clean the litter box apart from that they take good care of themselves and playing with them is fun for both :D they are also a good stress-relief

I know how awesome cats are. I've been around them my whole life and have done my fair share of catsitting.  Having cats would certainly enrich my life. Litterbox and food are not the issue. The bigger issue is keeping the flat clean and vet appointments. It's not just about me having additional work and responsibility. It's also not fair to the cats if I can't take properly care of them and they have to live in some dirty old flat.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

The most adorable tiny pekingese puppy <3

He the love of my life doe.

Currently I don't have any pets, but I've had a lot of pets in the past.

When I was a little kid, my parents had a goat, chickens and rabbits. When I was 6 years old, we got a dog. She's still alive, but I don't see her very often anymore since my parents divorced. We also had a lot of guinea pigs, there are still about 15 of them, but it's the same situation as with my dog now.
After my parents divorced I've had a mouse at my mother's home. When the mouse died, I got 2 gerbils. Unfortunately, they both died after 1-2 weeks. I got 2 news ones, same thing happened. Again I got 2 new ones, again they died after 2 weeks.
After that, I kinda gave up on keeping pets.

Yes I have with me a yellow-sided, red factored, green cheek conure named Leo. 

I had a normal type Green Cheek Conure named Loki, but he passed away recently of unknown causes. I still miss him a lot. It would be hard if I didn't have Leo

I also have three budgies (what are typically called parakeets) named Chozo, Fermi, and Amy. 

This is a picture of Leo and Chozo

This is a picture of Loki, Fermi (yellow), Amy (Green) taken before he passed. 

My housemate has an Australian Cattle Dog -- Dixie. I've been here since she was a baby, so I consider her "my" pet as well. 

She and the birds get jealous of one another. 

Yes, 2 cats used to be 3 about 2 months ago.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
No, but I've always wanted to own an ant farm.

Ant farm? well thats something I don't read every day, why don't you?

A mix between space problems, maintenance and the fact that it would take a while to get going (first I would have to find and catch an impregnated queen ant in the wild durin mating season, then wait almost a full year until she has enough ants to form a stable colony. That or buy it already formed, but where's the fun in that?).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Yes, it's my penis. Sadly, I can't post pictures here.

DarthMetalliCube said:
Got a cat, who I'm pretty sure thinks he's a dog.

Why, what does he do that makes him think hes a dog im curious :D whats his/her name?

sc94597 said:

Yes I have with me a yellow-sided, red factored, green cheek conure named 

Your dog and bird are beatuatifull !

darkenergy said:
Yes, 2 cats used to be 3 about 2 months ago.

I am sorry, how old was he/she and how old are the 2 you have left, where they related? what is their names?

Darwinianevolution said:

Ant farm? well thats something I don't read every day, why don't you?

A mix between space problems, maintenance and the fact that it would take a while to get going (first I would have to find and catch an impregnated queen ant in the wild durin mating season, then wait almost a full year until she has enough ants to form a stable colony. That or buy it already formed, but where's the fun in that?).

It does seem fun to start one from the beginning, I would still do it because else it will proberbly be one of those things you always want to do but never end up really doing and that really sucks, trust me! :)

Twitter @CyberMalistix

I have a snake in my pants, does this count?

malistix1985 said:

sc94597 said:

Yes I have with me a yellow-sided, red factored, green cheek conure named 

Your dog and bird are beatuatifull !

Thank you! :)