By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 7th - 13th Aug 2017

My fav weekly comparison brought to you by Hiska-san 

PS4 stretching it's lead week by weak.  Leading over it's predecessor. 

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
guiduc said:

Combined sales

Switch - 87,798
3DS - 45,730
PS4 - 42,462

You stole my bit!

Awesome hold for Switch, wonder how long this will keep going.

Oh, is that a thing? I'm sorry if I broke tradition Trucks

Jranation said:
Miyamotoo said:

This puts some things in perspective.

Going to double what the Wii U, PS4 and PSVita did in its first 52 weeks! 

At this rate, it might even reach close to the first year sales of Wii U, PS4 and Vita combined

Famitsu retail + digital

[PS4] Nier: Automata - 401.186

A surprise hit this year for ps4.

chakkra said:
Miyamotoo said:

Despite fact that Switch is hybrid, its still one console that actually has price point of home console, so no Switch doesn't need to be compared to 3DS + Wii U, or does need to have same sales like 3DS + Wii U.

Totally disagree with you there.  I think the Switch does indeed need to be compared to 3DS + Wii U.

Now, with that being said, I also think that Switch has a high chance of surpassing those sales. At least worldwide.  But it might bee too soon to tell.

I don't think some of you understand the flaw in 3DS+WiiU, for one both consoles came out in different years and secondly every Wii U owner is not neccessarily a separate consumer from the 3DS userbase as a good amount of Wii U owners are also 3DS owners so the is overlap.

You'd essentially be counting some consumers twice despite them in a practical case being one consumer.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Jranation said:

Going to double what the Wii U, PS4 and PSVita did in its first 52 weeks! 

At this rate, it might even reach close to the first year sales of Wii U, PS4 and Vita combined

You are way too pessimistic, it'll sell several 100k a week when holiday comes. It'll destroy PS4+Vita+WiiU easily.

Anywho, Switch numbers are very cool to see, Nintendo have definitely improved their stock situation, and demand is still keeping up with supply. Good hold from DQXI, and I'm especially surprised by the PS4 version given the installbase. Might even reach 2 million lifetime including digital. Splatoon 2 is also doing amazing. Its attach rate is already ridiculous and climbing, without even factoring digital. Last but not least, the PS4 is also showing very healthy hardware numbers.

Overall, Japan, while it has faltered from its heights, is still a gigantic gaming market.

What does it matter which version sells more? It's square Enix laughing to the bank...

In other news Switch is on fire. The holidays will be a massacre!

Think for yourself, question authority

Switch is definitely 3DS's successor. Otherwise then when 3DS dies out Nintendo's handheld marketshare becomes 0%?

Unless Nintendo reveals another 3DS successor, then Switch it is.

19./20. [PSV] Minecraft: PlayStation Vita Edition # (Sony Computer Entertainment) {2015.03.19} (�2.400) - 2.353 / 1.001.385 (+9%)

Vita's first million seller on Famitsu. Congrats vita. Long live the king!

StarDoor said:
What?! Switch is UP?

Nintendo said they would up production in July and again in August. Didn't expect that much though.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]