By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games You Love That Everybody Else Absolutely Loathes

Tagged games:

Ive noticed that my list of these games are growing. Here's mine.

Mass Effect Andromeda: Played it on Day 1 and Loved it on on Day 1. Facial animations didnt bother me and the story kept me engaged. Archon was better than Saren IMO. Not to mention the gameplay is the best the series has seen.

Assassins Creed 3: Connor is the GOAT assassin in my book and no on can tell me otherwise. Love this game so much.

Super Mario Sunshine: They actually tried with the story in this iteration and gameplay is really fun.

Those are just a couple. What are your games that you love that everyone shits on nonstop?

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

Huh. I actually believe that Super Mario Sunshine is overrated. For every post criticizing the game, you get fifteen "Super Mario Sunshine is underrated" comments along with it.

I agree that the gameplay is fun, though I think Mario is a little more slippery compared to 64 and Galaxy. The story definitely sucks though, I would have taken a regular Peach kidnapping plot than the one they came up with here. So many plot holes...

Anyways, on topic: Shadow the Hedgehog. Something about the amount of story routes does make me excited to play through the game multiple times, though I understand it's not a popular opinion.

Super Mario Sunshine is hated?

Anyway, most of my tastes are either well-liked or at least neutrally regarded. The only two games I can think of that I really enjoyed that I hear negative talk about are:

ZombiU
Phoenix Wright vs Prof Layton

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

amiibo Festival is fun with the right people (love is a strong word for it though)

[] [] [] {} [] 

Around the Network

Deadpool. Lots of flaws, but it's a fun game willed with a lot of humor.

Resident Evil 5. Might have been steering away from the traditional Resident Evil, but it was still a lot of fun with friends.

Mass Effect: Andromeda. Game can't get a break, and I can get why. But I do like the new races they've added and the alright story. Plus the multiplayer is a nice addition.

Saints Row: The Third. Sure, it's a departure from the traditional SR formula, but I get where they wanted to go and I honestly liked that approach.

I can't say there's a game that i love that people hate, but I can say there's a lot of games I feel the opposite way around about'

Edit : The closest I can think of is loving The Last Guardian

Persona Q on 3DS.

The gameplay is amazing, top notch quality RPG dungeon Crawler. But, because of the simplified character personalities (mainly Chie and Akihiko), PQ got a really bad reputation among persona Fans.

And that's a shame. I love that game to death. 

No Man's Sky. It's a lot better now than it was at release, especially with the update a few days ago.

Also OT, I love Assassin's Creed 3 as well. It was a lot of fun.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

I loved ZombiU so much! I was surprised at how negative it was received but understood some of the complaints.