By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games You Love That Everybody Else Absolutely Loathes

Tagged games:

dukerx2 said:
mZuzek said:

People don't like it? I thought everyone digged it and I was the outliar, damn.

I don't think it's dislike by a huge group, but I"ve heard a fare amount of people complain about it in comparison to previous entries. 

They replaced tailored crash junctions with bouncing ball car mode, while races became quite repetitive as it was best to stick to a few main routes to one of the 6 destinations. Online play was excellent however doing stunts with a group of people. It's a fun game, I finished the whole thing again after they added trophies, yet it's no sequel to the classic Burnout formula. It's a spin off. And initially the game can be offputing, having to read a map at 200 mph is not a good idea.

Around the Network

Simons Quest; I still consider this one of the best in the series.

Adventures of Link; fun game, I like that they tried to mix things up a bit instead if just rehashing the same thing as it in in most sequels nowdays.

Common theme is I like a game that actually is a challange.

No Man's Sky. Gotta say those updates turned the game around. I think it was a good game for their first try at it. I hope they make a sequel with all of it and more.

The only thing I can think of right now is Need for Speed Most Wanted (2012). The map is cleverly crafted, handling is perfect for an arcade racer, the damage model is robust, the multiplayer is integrated seamlessly, and it doesn't have have of the cheesy story of the games past. It's goes straight to pure fun (to be fair I might be biased since I loved Burnout Paradise).

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

SegataSanshiro said:

Aladdin SNES

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I've only ever seen good things said about this game.

Turok Evolution is my pick. I had loads of fun with multiplayer and the single player was a blast too. Planning to start another play through in the not too distant future.

Around the Network

My answer is the same as always--BloodRayne 1&2.  The vibe in those games was awesome and they were fun and inventive.  

Dragon Age 2 was a really fun game.  It deserved criticism but the actual game-play was a huge jump over DA:O and I loved the more mature narrative style.  

Ultrashroomz said:
The only game I can think of that I liked that isn't really praised by everyone is Skyward Sword.

Persona 4 Golden is also sorta there, but that's more of the opinions of diehard Persona/SMT fans and no so much the general audience's opinion.

Wait, what?  There are people who don't like P4G?  That's ... I don't even know what to say.

The closest I have to that is Quantum Theory. Could have been lots better, certainly had the potential to.

No Man's Sky comes to mind. Also Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams. And DmC.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

spemanig said:
Genuinely can't think of anything.

That means you aren't special. You should feel bad about that.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest.

Who hates that game? Show them to me and I will end them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.