By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Just how much is PS4 beating Xbox One in sales this year?

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes, MS is so pleased with the numbers specifically coming from X1 that they shout to everyone to hear.

You are the one that brought the PS4 has no games, so you should withstand your point.

No mate. I never said no games. I said PS4 didnt have a library advantage at launch

Both systems launched with basically neck and neck games. You should probably read my posts, it might help your with your debate.

If you can quote me in this thread saying PS4 has no games than ill happily admit to it. Ill be waiting.

Once again...

2013:

PS4- 27 games, 14 with a good rating

XB1- 19 games, 8 with a good rating

2014:

PS4- 136 games, 67 with a good rating

XB1- 85 games, 41with a good rating

2015:

PS4- 237 games, 104 with a good rating

XB1- 158 games, 67 with a good rating

But I'm sure in classic fanboy fasion you will continue repeating the same BS over and over...

Warned ~ CGI

Around the Network

They are only hiding numbers because they are radically underselling the competition. They stopped a few months into 2014. The reason is that if you knew the PS4 was at 62 million and Xbox was at 27 million, it creates a situation for the consumer where they (being always right) might think that the PS4 is better for a reason whether they know it or not and go with that because its the same price or cheaper. I am saying it is psychological. I am saying knowing that the vast majority chose your competition will effect sales. This is worth exploring academically.

Azzanation said:
Turkish said:

Sales are kind of pointless? I'm not sure what your point is. PS4's lead is pointless because "hurr it sold in more countries"? PS4 destroyed Xbone too in countries it was selling in, starting from Merica lol. Last gen, PS3 came out ~1.5 years later in Europe than the 360, yet it still managed to outsell it. The Xbox brand will never have a comeback like that anywhere.

And the indie scene hasn't changed much, games in the past few weeks like Pyre, Sundered, hell even big titles like Hellblade and Lawbreakers skip Xbone. If you mean their E3 showing, yeah it's sad they resort to moneyhatting indie games to make them timed exclusives, because they cant do that with AAA games anymore.

Relax mate, there just plastic boxes that play games. One destroying the other in sales? Thats abit extreme to say for silly gaming dont you think. You are talking about multi billion dollar companies. I am sure they are crying. Phil looks so sad that the Xbox isnt outselling the PS4... i mean i thought the main idea for buisness was to make money however there seems to be a fantasy deathmatch going on behind closed doors that only the fans see.. i dont see it.

aLkaLiNE said:

DR3 is on PC, Titanfall is on PC, plants vs Zombies on PS4 and PC, Tomb Raider on PS4 and PC. The Xbox has like two games on its own - sunset overdrive and halo 5. That's after 4 years on the market. 

So was Nier, The Witness and majority of the PS4 games the other poster mentioned are all on PC and Xbox. Probably should read what i am replying too ;)

Helll naw. PS4 is a straight up beast. How else would you describe selling +35 million more than your closest competition: "ps4 is just selling more but it's a close race" lmao that's being disingenuous. It's utter domination of biblical proportions, not since the PS2 has a console obliterated the competition this much, not even the Wii. History is unfolding before our eyes mang, why you gotta be so negative.  Destruction, demolition, annihilation, they all mean the same thing. Go ahead with the euphemisms so long as you don't downplay the difference in sales. MS is terrified, petrified, horrified! Thats why they stopped reporting sales numbers, and bringing their games to PC because of the limited install base on their boxes. But Phil Spencer is chilling and happy, he doesn't care about selling more right :)

Turkish said:

Azzanation said:

Relax mate, there just plastic boxes that play games. One destroying the other in sales? Thats abit extreme to say for silly gaming dont you think. You are talking about multi billion dollar companies. I am sure they are crying. Phil looks so sad that the Xbox isnt outselling the PS4... i mean i thought the main idea for buisness was to make money however there seems to be a fantasy deathmatch going on behind closed doors that only the fans see.. i dont see it.

So was Nier, The Witness and majority of the PS4 games the other poster mentioned are all on PC and Xbox. Probably should read what i am replying too ;)

Helll naw. PS4 is a straight up beast. How else would you describe selling +35 million more than your closest competition: "ps4 is just selling more but it's a close race" lmao that's being disingenuous. It's utter domination of biblical proportions, not since the PS2 has a console obliterated the competition this much, not even the Wii. History is unfolding before our eyes mang, why you gotta be so negative.  Destruction, demolition, annihilation, they all mean the same thing. Go ahead with the euphemisms so long as you don't downplay the difference in sales. MS is terrified, petrified, horrified! Thats why they stopped reporting sales numbers, and bringing their games to PC because of the limited install base on their boxes. But Phil Spencer is chilling and happy, he doesn't care about selling more right :)

Don't forget the constasnt begging for crossplay to get a decent online community, so XB1 versions of games aren't ghost towns in weeks if not days.

Moderated - think-man

Azzanation said:
CGI-Quality said:

I just don't see where you poking at it makes what you're doing any better than the people you're scolding.

I am not scolding. I am just saying i think its rather funny especially when one company isnt giving any official numbers. Sure its a sales site. By all means go for it. I would rather make the judgment on actual official figures than estimates.

Thats just me though. However i love seeing people say 1 is destroying the other 8 to 1 because of estimates.

Any way. Its Friday night. Its time to enjoy the night out. Hope your night goes well CGI.

Sure, my estimates do hinge on the assumption that the XB1 maintains the same US to WW ratio from the beginning of 2017 through June. However, I provided the best case (using IHS's number) and worst case (using EA's number) scenarios, and I showed that difference between the best and worst case is only 100K units (1.6m - 1.7m range).

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Yes, MS is so pleased with the numbers specifically coming from X1 that they shout to everyone to hear.

You are the one that brought the PS4 has no games, so you should withstand your point.

No mate. I never said no games. I said PS4 didnt have a library advantage at launch

Both systems launched with basically neck and neck games. You should probably read my posts, it might help your with your debate.

If you can quote me in this thread saying PS4 has no games than ill happily admit to it. Ill be waiting.

First thing Google turns up is you downplaying the ps4 library advantage:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6098060
So after seeing this List the WiiU is the way to go.
Honestly PS4's best games, most of them are on PC.
Kinda funny how that turned out...

Feruari 24 2014 http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=178982&page=1
Not only does One have no 90+ game, but it also has only 4 80+ games while PS4 has 2 and 13 respectively.

I joined this site for the sales and game database. Doesn't matter who wins, watching numbers go up is one of those things that's in a gamer's blood. Hi-scores, experience points, money, resources, lap times, gamerscore, trophy level, play times and sales numbers. If you don't care about numbers, what kind of gamer are you :p Games are all about numbers.

I hope ps4 doesn't beat XBox One by too much. We need healthy competition and it's turning into an unhealthy one.  Last gen ps3 redeemed itself by bringing new quality games, MS seems to be more interested in milking their existing ecosystem in different ways. I had hoped they would launch a competing VR system for the xbox one x and put some of that Kinect marketing power behind it. Yet it seems MS is capitulating.

Aura7541 said:

I made a rough estimate of how much the XB1 has sold worldwide in the June NPD prediction thread. If we are to go with EA's figure, then the XB1 has sold about 1.6m for the first half of 2017. If we go with IHS's figure, then the XB1 has sold about 1.7m in the same timeframe. In comparison, the PS4 sold 7m from January 1 to June 11.

1.6 million? That seems really low to me.

VGPolyglot said:
Aura7541 said:

I made a rough estimate of how much the XB1 has sold worldwide in the June NPD prediction thread. If we are to go with EA's figure, then the XB1 has sold about 1.6m for the first half of 2017. If we go with IHS's figure, then the XB1 has sold about 1.7m in the same timeframe. In comparison, the PS4 sold 7m from January 1 to June 11.

1.6 million? That seems really low to me.

Because it's low

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

It's probably going to end up somewhere between 3-1 and 4-1 this year.

The real lack of any exclusive properties on Xbox One is starting to show. They're being left in the dust not just by Sony and the PS4, but Nintendo and the Switch too. It's bordering on an embarrassment.

Carl2291 said:
It's probably going to end up somewhere between 3-1 and 4-1 this year.

The real lack of any exclusive properties on Xbox One is starting to show. They're being left in the dust not just by Sony and the PS4, but Nintendo and the Switch too. It's bordering on an embarrassment.

Well we still have to remember that Switch is doing quite the strong job on release window for very good SW.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."