By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

Nice if slightly modest boost to Switch. PS4 continues to do great.

Splatoon 2 on top is nice for Nin fans like me, I can't think of any other big releases, though.

Good luck to librarian.

Around the Network
librarian13579 said:

Hi NeoGAF,

The purpose of keeping today's leaks OFF NeoGAF and only NeoGAF is because NeoGAF has literally 2+ NPD employees who post in your NPD threads on a regular basis.

By posting leaks there, you just increased the chances 500% that David Riley will swoop down and silence me before next month begins. Great job, guys!

Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Sadly you have to becareful with posting numbers here afterall, the user that leaked is banned here as previously stated, and is most likely bitter about it. Surprised they lurk being permabanned. 

My recommendation would be if you want some discussion, find trust worthy users and use mass PM. You can easily figure out who is to be trusted or not. You can also weed people out, if they are obviously leaking in those PMs.  

Anyways I hope you do not get in much trouble. 

I had my doubts (as I do with anything involving leaks), but things are starting to look legit.

Thanks librarian13579 and best of luck. I hope you covered your tracks well.

Just spitballing, but in future months or for future leakers would giving mods or some trusted user (approved by the mods) the relevant data (as in what you want to give) and having them write the post (obviously crediting an "anonymous source") help cover tracks further?

Or is assuming NPD analyzes usernames and writing styles to identify possible leakers giving them too much credit?

Bets:

1. If the Wii U sells closer to 10 million LTD by 1/3/2015 I win. If it sells closer to 9.5 million LTD by 1/3/2015 OfficerRaichu15 wins (winner gets 2 weeks of avatar control)--Lost.

Honestly, Switch numbers aren't too shocking. I kept my eye on things and while stock issues looked a bit better in my area at Splatoon's launch, the difference made was slower coming than it seemed to be in Japan. I would theorize Nintendo lopsided things in favor of Japan for launch and have been evening it out in the weeks since. Which means a good chunk of the boost, if I am right, will spill over into August. Nintendo also seems to have just upped regular shipments. Hopefully this trend continues into fall and they can have a good install base plus a big launch shipment for Mario Odyssey.

How come leakers here are getting banned because of neogaf leakers hunts?

Like its a different website why would the mods from here bAnn?

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Another month with numbers, thanks librarian 13579.

I don't know if this was addressed in the thread, but there's any reason why XB1 sales don't be revealed?

Can the mods still do IP bans? I remember them doing that to a single digit number amount of people. It would be useful to use on certain untrustworthy people.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Mr. Sega said:

I don't know if this was addressed in the thread, but there's any reason why XB1 sales don't be revealed?

Donny2112 will post prediction results (he has his own source for numbers), and then we can run a parametric analysis to backtrack out Xbox One numbers.

I didn't reveal them for two reasons:

(1) I really couldn't care less about the Xbox One and its growing irrelevance in the market pre-Xbox One X release

(2) They will be able to be calculated anyway, so I want to expose myself to as little liability as possible in case I get interrogated by NPD goons.

I'm not here to fuck up NPD's business. I'm just here to help by giving a few essential numbers. That's why I hoped people would respect the only request I had (keep it off the place NPD employees actively lurk for a little while), instead of blatantly giving me the middle finger. But hey, what can you do. C'est la vie.

April 30th, 2011 - July 12th, 2018

killeryoshis said:

Can the mods still do IP bans? I remember them doing that to a single digit number amount of people. It would be useful to use on certain untrustworthy people.

I think it'd be pretty easy for people to circumvent it.

librarian13579 said:
Mr. Sega said:

Donny2112 will post prediction results (he has his own source for numbers), and then we can run a parametric analysis to backtrack out Xbox One numbers.

I didn't reveal them for two reasons:

(1) I really couldn't care less about the Xbox One and its growing irrelevance in the market pre-Xbox One X release

(2) They will be able to be calculated anyway, so I want to expose myself to as little liability as possible in case I get digitally interrogated by NPD goons.

I'm not here to fuck up NPD's business. I'm just here to help by giving a few numbers. That's why I hoped people would respect the only request I had (keep it off the place NPD employees actively lurk for a little while), instead of blatantly giving me the middle finger. But hey, what can you do. C'est la vie.

I'm sorry it turned out the way it did, but Ethomaz is no longer a member of this site. So, it wasn't really someone here that didn't respect your wishes, it was someone who has a grudge against here (at least I assume so) that posted the information.