Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

I PM'ed Ethomaz on GAF. His response: "It is public" -_-

Around the Network
Welfare said:
Weekly averages

PS4 June 2017: 381K / 5 = 76,200
PS4 July 2017: 217K / 4 = 54,250

-29%

This is the weakest June to July drop for the PS4. The previous year was 2015 at -26%.

NSW June 2017: 216K / 5 = 43,200
NSW July 2017: 222K / 4 = 55,500

+28%

PS4's drop comes from the lack of the days of summer promotion. I'm still surprised how well that did for them. Still a good July, especially since it's the same number as 2015 without any leftover Batman bundles to help keep sales up like that year had. 

Switch number is obviously as high as stock allowed it to be, but like you, Welfare, I was expecting more. Those Japanese stock increases threw me for a loop.

librarian13579 said:

Fuck. Ethomaz cross-posted numbers on NeoGAF when I specifically said not to do that.

Someone tell him off when you get a chance.

I'm gonna watch my back for the NPD goons who lurk over there.

Wish me luck, boys! I'm out.

He is permabanned here. Maybe the mods should unban him.  Looks like he is having his vengeance on chartz by posting the numbers there. That guy always seems to get the last laugh! 

Do you seriously think that people weren't already aware that this is where every leak comes from ?

Thanks for sharing. Odd to see GAF do what the community continually chastised VGC for doing.

Around the Network
Edwardooo said:
Do you seriously think that people weren't already aware that this is where every leak comes from ?

It's all about risk mitigation. There's inherent risk in posting any sort of leaks that you'll get shut down by NPD's enforcement agency.

If they're mostly contained here for a little while, then there's still a risk but it's lower simply because this is a lower-traffic forum.

But dangling complete posts literally right in front of NPD's nose just bumps it up into the highest-risk category. Nothing may happen, but now there's the greatest potential of something bad happening to me.

I'm not an idiot to think that leaks weren't going to spread, but I wanted there at least to be some sort of lag period instead of a direct copy-and-paste dump right away.

April 30th, 2011 - July 12th, 2018

Vgchartz is banned but uses us for real numbers lol

librarian13579 said:
Edwardooo said:

It's all about risk mitigation. There's inherent risk in posting any sort of leaks that you'll get shut down by NPD's enforcement agency.

If they're mostly contained here for a little while, then there's still a risk but it's lower simply because this is a lower-traffic forum.

But dangling complete posts literally right in front of NPD's nose just bumps it up into the highest-risk category. Nothing may happen, but now there's the greatest potential of something bad happening to me.

I'm not an idiot to think that leaks weren't going to spread, but I wanted there at least to be some sort of lag period instead of a direct copy-and-paste dump right away.

Wow, you seem to be risking yourself. Sorry about before, I didn't know... and thank you for doing that.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I really appreciate your leaks btw. And it's not just gaf they were posted to. Over here aswell http://vizioneck.com/forum/index.php?topic=5396.new#new so it's say to say they're spreading

I don't get it, did you REALLY think those numbers wouldn't have spread? Like seriously?

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"