By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - July 2017 NPD Thread! Switch #1

VGPolyglot said:
librarian13579 said:

Donny2112 will post prediction results (he has his own source for numbers), and then we can run a parametric analysis to backtrack out Xbox One numbers.

I didn't reveal them for two reasons:

(1) I really couldn't care less about the Xbox One and its growing irrelevance in the market pre-Xbox One X release

(2) They will be able to be calculated anyway, so I want to expose myself to as little liability as possible in case I get digitally interrogated by NPD goons.

I'm not here to fuck up NPD's business. I'm just here to help by giving a few numbers. That's why I hoped people would respect the only request I had (keep it off the place NPD employees actively lurk for a little while), instead of blatantly giving me the middle finger. But hey, what can you do. C'est la vie.

I'm sorry it turned out the way it did, but Ethomaz is no longer a member of this site. So, it wasn't really someone here that didn't respect your wishes, it was someone who has a grudge against here (at least I assume so) that posted the information.

Oh I know he had a grudge against this site, and I'm not blaming anyone here. It's amusing in a way how little he cares about my wellbeing. You would think to try and protect the person who's giving you numbers.

April 30th, 2011 - July 12th, 2018

Around the Network
librarian13579 said:
Mr. Sega said:
Another month with numbers, thanks librarian 13579.

I don't know if this was addressed in the thread, but there's any reason why XB1 sales don't be revealed?

Donny2112 will post prediction results (he has his own source for numbers), and then we can run a parametric analysis to backtrack out Xbox One numbers.

I didn't reveal them for two reasons:

(1) I really couldn't care less about the Xbox One and its growing irrelevance in the market pre-Xbox One X release

(2) They will be able to be calculated anyway, so I want to expose myself to as little liability as possible in case I get interrogated by NPD goons.

I'm not here to fuck up NPD's business. I'm just here to help by giving a few essential numbers. That's why I hoped people would respect the only request I had (keep it off the place NPD employees actively lurk for a little while), instead of blatantly giving me the middle finger. But hey, what can you do. C'est la vie.

I get it. It's true, will be possible to calculate XB1 number later.

Thanks again, it's really nice to know at least the basics numbers, otherwise would be a complete dark.

Thanks ethomaz.

Anyway, i doubt anyone is waiting for a $500 console that plays the same games as base XB1. XB1 isn't doing well because all throughout this 1 quarter all the games that were in conversation are on PS4 and Switch. There's no exclusive software to get people interested into purchasing the console. A $500 one that plays games a litte better isn't gioing to change XB sales.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Ryuu96 said:
killeryoshis said:

Can the mods still do IP bans? I remember them doing that to a single digit number amount of people. It would be useful to use on certain untrustworthy people.

It doesn't stop them from being able to look at VGC, just logging in.

Wait what? What's the difference between a regular ban and an ip ban?

Also I am guessing ethomaz got permabanned for trolling I suppose? Is that's why he is banned?

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Oh wow, so that's how bad the Xbone sales were.

Around the Network

Ethomaz is a Vgchartz cult hero. Many loved him and some hated him. He is a legend. It's unfortunate he has upset our leaker but it's not like he owes us anything. It's too be expected.

Ryuu96 said:
killeryoshis said:

Can the mods still do IP bans? I remember them doing that to a single digit number amount of people. It would be useful to use on certain untrustworthy people.

Is there a way to make a certain thread only available to people that are logged in? 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Kerotan said:
Ethomaz is a Vgchartz cult hero. Many loved him and some hated him. He is a legend. It's unfortunate he has upset our leaker but it's not like he owes us anything. It's too be expected.

More like a cult villain than cult hero

LipeJJ said:
Ryuu96 said:

Is there a way to make a certain thread only available to people that are logged in? 

There is on Neogaf, I think it's just a spoiler tag for the post (which is pretty useful, though). Funny stuff, I know.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

librarian13579 said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm sorry it turned out the way it did, but Ethomaz is no longer a member of this site. So, it wasn't really someone here that didn't respect your wishes, it was someone who has a grudge against here (at least I assume so) that posted the information.

Oh I know he had a grudge against this site, and I'm not blaming anyone here. It's amusing in a way how little he cares about my wellbeing. You would think to try and protect the person who's giving you numbers.

From my knowledge of Ethomaz , he thinks he's a numbers guru and used to copy paste stuff from gaf here incessently to make himself look good, so he would be loving the attention, he's telling everyone  about all the pm's he's getting from gaf  ,now I'm not putting him down I play destiny with him on PSN and he comes across as a nice bloke but on the forums he loves attention.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot