By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - July 24th - 30th 2017

AnmolRed said:
Dr.Vita said:
So Dragon Quest 11 is the second million seller for PS4 in Japan after Final Fantasy XV right?

I really thought minecraft was a million seller on every system , but looks like its not. so yeah DQ is 2nd.

Minecraft is a million seller on Vita, no other platform in Japan.

Also, DQ11 did very well. Very good opening combined. Not far away from my expectations at all (I do wonder for digital sales). Switch has lots of stock available. Interesting to see how much higher the baseline is.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Impressive, especially in Japan. Sales are not usually this high. Ps4 and 3Ds were expected, but not switch's. I wonder if nintendo will keep up now with production. What would the new baseline for switch? There is supposed to be an increase in production now, would it be enough tonat least a base of 40K in japan? Next weeks will be interesting. Let's wait till next week to see how those 3 peformed, and how well can they hold

Congrats to the 3DS, PS4, and Switch. Looks like Nintendo really made sure that Japan got a healthy stock of Switches when Splatoon launched.

SuperNova said:

Did...did the Switch just outsell Ps4 on DQ week..? Dayum. Ah, no. Ps4+pro is slightly above Switch.
Still, insane numbers for 3DS, Ps4 and Switch.

I'm surprised nintendo managed to keep Switch Stock this high. I was bracing for a big drop. Maybe next week?

Splatoon 2 held nicely too. DQ doing what it does in japan. nice to see the franchise healthy as ever.

laytons Mystery journey will hit 100k next week, wich makes me a happy bunny. :)

While it will certainly drop, what I see on Amazon Japan is that the supply is much better than before and in consequence the scalper prices are dropping fast

Boutros said:
I doubt digital sales are much higher than 150k (PS4 + 3DS) however they should be high enough on the PS4 to push its first week above 1m. First home console game to do so since Final Fantasy XIII.

Why though?

If Famitsu numbers are any indication then digital sales on Nintendo devices are around 10% and on PS4 15-30%.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=230732

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=230138

Combined digital numbers should be way above 300k.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

But honestly, Switch sales are the most impressive here.It managed to sell 90K.It dropped only 10% from last week!It will obviously go down through the weeks, since I dont believe that Nintendo managed to up the production that much, but it just goes on to prove that Nintendo did improve the production after all.

No, it show Nintendo keep a lot of consoles on stock for splatoon release.

Namiirei said:
Nautilus said:

But honestly, Switch sales are the most impressive here.It managed to sell 90K.It dropped only 10% from last week!It will obviously go down through the weeks, since I dont believe that Nintendo managed to up the production that much, but it just goes on to prove that Nintendo did improve the production after all.

No, it show Nintendo keep a lot of consoles on stock for splatoon release (with pack).

That's also impressive though, as that just shows that the Switch will sell as much as Nintendo ship in Japan. In week with no new releases it sells 90k just because they shipped that many units, really shows just how insane the demand for it is.

And 3DS reached 23 million...

That thing just won't die, in Japan...

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Nice hold for Switch and Splatoon 2!

It seems like The 3DS version > PS4 despite the preorder rankings.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I can't wait for the new DQ to come to the west. I'm going to buy the Switch version, but also maybe the 3DS version for the artstyle switch mode.

Good numbers for Nintendo btw. 70% beast.