By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - July 24th - 30th 2017

Super_Boom said:

*also looks at Switch* Good job, Switch. I'm...I'm proud of you.

Careful you don't want to boost his image too much now.  Soon he'll be some stuck up prick thinking he is all Jimmy badass.

Around the Network

Great numbers from DQ XI and of course 2DS XL and PS4 - but the Switch is just insane compared to what we had before

Great week all around. DQXI on both PS4 and 3DS appear to have done well as expected. Splatoon will be the first million seller for the Switch within likely the next week or two, which is nothing short of amazing in Japan since it has taken this long for PS4 to even have two at this point. No trying to offend anyone but you gotta hand it to Splatoon for becoming such a juggernaut that it can become the first million seller in Japan in only 5-6 months into the Switch's life. What also impressed me is the Switch's hold with 89K. With the console being on demand for months, I'm glad production was able to ramp up at least for these past two weeks. Just recently there was a report that a 1000 Switch units were sold within 2 minutes from a certain retailer in Japan so it lets you know that the console is continuing to be a wanted console.

Kai_Mao said:
Great week all around. DQXI on both PS4 and 3DS appear to have done well as expected. Splatoon will be the first million seller for the Switch within likely the next week or two, which is nothing short of amazing in Japan since it has taken this long for PS4 to even have two at this point. No trying to offend anyone but you gotta hand it to Splatoon for becoming such a juggernaut that it can become the first million seller in Japan in only 5-6 months into the Switch's life. What also impressed me is the Switch's hold with 89K. With the console being on demand for months, I'm glad production was able to ramp up at least for these past two weeks. Just recently there was a report that a 1000 Switch units were sold within 2 minutes from a certain retailer in Japan so it lets you know that the console is continuing to be a wanted console.

Well it looks like the supply eased up a lot on Amazon Japan, there are several SKU in the top 40 and their prices have plummeted, meaning that scalpers have to reduce the price to get them sold.

With all the hype and excitement for me is over.

I think DQ multi plat was not awesome. What it did is only split the fanbase.
Imagine if it was only a PS4 exclusive if PS4 version can manage to sell this much even though there was a 3DS version with a large install base imagine what it can sell for an exclusive.  (3DS exclusive can also sell 2 million easily).

Although, In all honesty 3DS ver. under-performed while the PS 4 version over-performed. While 1.1 Million is a great feat but with the install base of 3DS this could have sold more. 1.5 Million should be a minimum even with the PS4 version around.

Leads me to think is SE happy with this sales especially from 3DS?

But it is still first week and another DQ VII can happen where the drop is not that high so it will be about the legs.

Around the Network

I doubt digital sales are much higher than 150k (PS4 + 3DS) however they should be high enough on the PS4 to push its first week above 1m. First home console game to do so since Final Fantasy XIII.

Did...did the Switch just outsell Ps4 on DQ week..? Dayum. Ah, no. Ps4+pro is slightly above Switch.
Still, insane numbers for 3DS, Ps4 and Switch.

I'm surprised nintendo managed to keep Switch Stock this high. I was bracing for a big drop. Maybe next week?

Splatoon 2 held nicely too. DQ doing what it does in japan. nice to see the franchise healthy as ever.

laytons Mystery journey will hit 100k next week, wich makes me a happy bunny. :)

Amazing week for everyone, but more I am more impressed for the switch.

This was a great week for hardware, the 3ds still going strong and the switch is simply stunning. I'm honestly impressed with both, now square. 3DS version can no longer be killed by the switch version, I'm waiting for something from you guys now ;)

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Wow second million seller for ps4 and it did it week 1. Those high profit digital sales getting it over the line!

Ps4 weekly sales outsold xb1 lifetime sales. Insane.

It's now 5.1m I wonder if it will reach 6m this year?

YTD ps4 is way up on last year. 235k up on 2016 sales. It has a chance to beat last year's numbers which were higher then any ps3 year. It's also about to hit 1m YTD.

What a time to be alive!