By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22
sethnintendo said:
Angelus said:
Rol and BlowoverKing are both picking the Rams for Thursday night football

They are playing the 49ers.  Enough said

And the 49ers are playing the Rams lol. Lets not pretend that these teams don't both suck ass.

Around the Network

I will take the Rams for Thursday.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Give me the Rams.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

LAR-SF 1 BAL-JAX  1 NYG-PHI  2 MIA-NYJ  1
HOU-NE  2 TB-MIN  2 CLE-IND  2 ATL-DET  1
PIT-CHI  1 NO-CAR  2 DEN-BUF  1 SEA-TEN  1
CIN-GB  2 KC-LAC  1 OAK-WAS  1 DAL-ARI 1 by 7

Angelus said:
sethnintendo said:

They are playing the 49ers.  Enough said

And the 49ers are playing the Rams lol. Lets not pretend that these teams don't both suck ass.

Yea they both suck.  Seems like there are more shitty teams than good teams.  Perhaps picking Cleveland for the #1 pick isn't a safe bet afterall.

Around the Network

For only having 12 teams in a league there sure isn't a lot of promising players to pick up as free agents. I'm having fun dropping and adding though. Sometimes I add and then just drop a day or two later.  I'm trying to find a good TE but apparently there are only a select few in the NFL.

LAR-SF 1 BAL-JAX 1 NYG-PHI 2 MIA-NYJ 1
HOU-NE 2 TB-MIN 1 CLE-IND 1 ATL-DET 1
PIT-CHI 1 NO-CAR 2 DEN-BUF 1 SEA-TEN 1
CIN-GB 2 KC-LAC 1 OAK-WAS 1 DAL-ARI Dal by 4 

LAR-SF 2 BAL-JAX 1 NYG-PHI 2 MIA-NYJ 1
HOU-NE 2 TB-MIN 1 CLE-IND 2 ATL-DET 1
PIT-CHI 1 NO-CAR 2 DEN-BUF 1 SEA-TEN 2
CIN-GB 2 KC-LAC 1 OAK-WAS 2 DAL-ARI 1 by 7

Fantasy Recap: Week 2

Well this took a bit longer to get up than I wanted. VGChartz decided it was going to freak out yesterday, so this got delayed, unfortunately. Never fear, though; I’m back and more than ready to talk about how my team is totally going 12-1 this year.

Closest Game: Super Club of Athletic Buddies 86.28, It Ertz when Eifert 75.44

SCAB found himself in the closest game of the week once again, but with a more positive outcome this time. Realistically, “close,” might be a bit of an overstatement; the nearly 11 point difference speaks to a week where blowouts were the norm. Ludicrous had a few standout performances, with Kareem Hunt once again putting up over 20 points,  but Ezekiel Elliott was absolutely shut down by Denver’s defense and once it became apparent that the Packers’ and Falcons’ defenses were just putting on a repeat of their efforts in the NFC Championship, this one was all over. Devonta Freeman (22 points) and Matt Ryan (15 points) led the way for SCAB.

Biggest Upset: The Longest Foot 119.42, Nohrian Scum 91.42

Speaking of back to back weeks in a game category...here I am once again, favored to win by over 20 points and still losing. As with last week, my opponent’s players turned in some career days; Seth’s QB, RBs, and WR #1 nearly put up 100 points on their own. If it wasn’t clear what kind of week it was, Seth’s kicker put up 14 points by himself. Meanwhile, on my end, Le’Veon Bell continues to disappoint, Jonathan Stewart, Brandin Cooks, and Tyreek Hill dropped off significantly after decent-quality performances last week, and my team wasted another solid effort by Todd Gurley (24 points). Hangin With Hernandez continues to make pitiful trade offers in an attempt to get him, btw.

Biggest Blowout: Lousy Pack 124.32, Arminillo 71.36

Here’s an easy way to win; have all but one of your starters put up at least 10 points. Buoyed by the lack of defense displayed by Atlanta and New Orleans, Rol’s team of 50% Packers and Patriots players put up some serious points. Ty Montgomery is looking less and less like a reach pick by the week, putting up 23 points despite only 35 rushing yards. Meanwhile, Arminillo didn’t have an awful week, but was completely let down by the Jag’s defense, who turned in the only negative points performance of any player started in the league.

The rest:

Doomfist 93.22, Alpha Males 70.10

Arch 74.60, The Loins 50.88

HanginwithHernandez 103.54, Dongos Gridiron Gamers 69.32

WEEK 2 STANDINGS

Nohr Division

Hangin with Hernandez (2-0)

Lousy Pack (2-0)

Dongos Gridiron Gamers (1-1)

Doomfist (1-1)

Arminillo (0-2)

Alpha Males (0-2)

Hoshido Division

Arch (2-0)

It Ertz When Eifert (1-1)

The Loins (1-1)

SCAB (1-1)

The Longest Foot (1-1)

Nohrian Scum (0-2)

EDIT: Fuck VGChartz formatting, I'm just gonna type this all up in here next time.

MTZehvor said:

Biggest Upset: The Longest Foot 119.42, Nohrian Scum 91.42

Speaking of back to back weeks in a game category...here I am once again, favored to win by over 20 points and still losing. As with last week, my opponent’s players turned in some career days; Seth’s QB, RBs, and WR #1 nearly put up 100 points on their own. If it wasn’t clear what kind of week it was, Seth’s kicker put up 14 points by himself. Meanwhile, on my end, Le’Veon Bell continues to disappoint, Jonathan Stewart, Brandin Cooks, and Tyreek Hill dropped off significantly after decent-quality performances last week, and my team wasted another solid effort by Todd Gurley (24 points). Hangin With Hernandez continues to make pitiful trade offers in an attempt to get him,

Speaking of Bell, do you still consider him untradable, or are you willing to part with him for the right offer?