By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22
sethnintendo said:
Well the Cowboys are getting their ass kicked right now.

Mother Nature told them that she will strike them with lightning if they don't lose.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Hopefully I can at least hold on to a win in fantasy football, but who knows when the Packers offense implodes and Julio Jones has a huge game. Rodgers sits at 1.3 points after one half...

He doesn't have any TDs so as long as he doesn't score then you probably will win.  I went from worst score last week among teams to best this week.  I probably wouldn't have gotten TY Hilton if I knew Luck was going to be injured for the first 5-6 games but oh well I guess I'll just stick it out with him or try to find someone to temp fill his spot till Luck gets back. I'm going to bench J. Graham though because he hasn't given me really any points the past two weeks.

Quick thoughts on the Patriots' game (late, I know, Samus Returns had priority).

-Tom Brady looked way better. Yeah, the Saints' defense sucks, but the variety of mistakes that were purely on him last time were gone. The drop off the cliff will have to wait for at least one more week.

-I'm seriously beginning to regret saying that New England could afford to take a hit at the WR position when Julian Edelman went down, because apparently the football gods have decided to run with that by having every single receiver get injured. The Patriots only had three receivers active today, and two of them left the game due to injury concerns. Oh yeah, and Gronk got hurt as well. This is beginning to feel a lot like 2006, when New England ended up starting Reche Caldwell and Doug Gabriel for most of the season.

-Defense looked a bit better, although they still got gashed consistently by big plays. A defense that was very good about not getting beat deep has constantly struggled with this through Week 2. Credit certainly goes to the Saints' receiving corps (Michael Thomas in particular), who made some fantastic catches, but this has the potential to become a major weakness later in the season.

-Stephen Gostkowski continues to miss extra points...going back to the end of the 2017 regular season, his FG percent is higher than his XP percentage.

Sad. My change in pick was simply an attempt to get into top 3, since as it were I was pretty much bound to be 4th or last place, Getting the pick wrong didn't change anything, but it would have been quite advantageous to get it right.

Only 2 surprises this week for me. 1: I picked the Rams and 2: Titans smashed the Jags.

RolStoppable said:
Farsala said:
Sad. My change in pick was simply an attempt to get into top 3, since as it were I was pretty much bound to be 4th or last place, Getting the pick wrong didn't change anything, but it would have been quite advantageous to get it right.

Only 2 surprises this week for me. 1: I picked the Rams and 2: Titans smashed the Jags.

It's not over yet!!! Still 9:35 to go!!!

Rodgers isn't clutch unless its to get into playoffs or the first playoff game :P.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
sethnintendo said:

He doesn't have any TDs so as long as he doesn't score then you probably will win.  I went from worst score last week among teams to best this week.  I probably wouldn't have gotten TY Hilton if I knew Luck was going to be injured for the first 5-6 games but oh well I guess I'll just stick it out with him or try to find someone to temp fill his spot till Luck gets back. I'm going to bench J. Graham though because he hasn't given me really any points the past two weeks.

The game situation changed quickly with Rodgers second turnover. That put him at -0.7 fantasy points, but in turn it means that the Falcons will emphasize the ground game more, so less opportunities for Julio Jones to do damage. The Falcons defense will also be more lenient and grant more room for easy yards.

The Packers being outmatched in Atlanta once again hurts me in the prediction league, but it helps in fantasy football.

Yea, looks like you might end up with top score for the week in league unless I can get another field goal.  I have Falcons kicker which isn't a bad pickup since he is good from long range and Atlanta scores a lot.

I'll take the Giants by 6

Trigger Trev lead me to a fantasy win in my big money league. Broncos offense looked unstoppable, but they were playing a defense that was already shit before it lost more people in an already laughably bad secondary. Trevor made Sean Lee look silly in pass coverage yesterday though, very rarely does that happen.

I really hope MIN or even DET win the NFCN. Green Bay is a joke and are becoming boring to watch.

Normally I would be pissed at the fact that Stafford only had 122 yards passing (2 TDs though) but seeing as they won, on the road, and were able to rush the ball makes me pretty happy. Real test will be next week against the Falcons where if the Lions can squeek a win out they'd be seen as a legit contender.

Oh and R.I.P. my Fantasy team this week, injuries and just a bad week overall for all of my players.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

LAR-SF 1 BAL-JAX 1 NYG-PHI 2 MIA-NYJ 1
HOU-NE 2 TB-MIN 1 CLE-IND 1 ATL-DET 1
PIT-CHI 1 NO-CAR 2 DEN-BUF 1 SEA-TEN 2
CIN-GB 2 KC-LAC 1 OAK-WAS 1 DAL-ARI 1 by 3