By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22
irstupid said:
Angelus said:

Who the fuck did you start in place of the lead back in an Andy Reid offense?

David Johnson and Carlos Hyde

That's a lot of strong running backs. No room in your flex spot?

Around the Network

I picked chefs

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Had Gillislee and Alex Smith on my bench. 60 points combined.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Welp, that turnover pretty much seals it. Boy, that was one of the most frustrating games I think I've watched. I don't think anyone besides Mike Gillislee played particularly well.

End o' game reactions:

-Bill Belichick got absolutely outcoached. Former Jags' RB Maurice Jones Drew got some flak at the start of the week for saying that Andy Reid would win the coaching battle with Belichick, but he was absolutely right. After the second Patriots' touchdown, Reid started bumping Pats' receivers about 5 yards off the LoS, and the New England passing attack was largely shut down afterwards. Meanwhile, New England never adjusted to KC's pitch/toss running game, and Belichick didn't seem interested in adjusting his defense to account for it. On top of that, the two failed fourth downs were incredibly questionable. This game is probably going to be up there with the 4th & 2 game that just makes people question what Belichick was doing. Patriots were outscored 21-0 in the fourth quarter.

-Brady looked bad, too. Consistently overthrew receivers, and got incredibly greedy with his throws towards the end of the game, going for home run passes that he hadn't hit all evening. Reminded me a lot of the end of Super Bowl XLII, where New England had a reasonable chance at a drive to get in position for a game tying Field Goal, but Brady just spend every down throwing deep to Randy Moss. Expect to see a lot of questions about Brady's age after this one.

-Fuck's sake the defense was just awful. Even if we're not taking Belichick's decision making into account, there were two huge blown plays in the secondary, and a ridiculous amount of missed tackles. The defensive line still isn't capable of generating any pressure, but the LBs played really poorly as well.

-Injuries galore will affect things going forward. Danny Amendola and Dont'a Hightower were knocked out of the game, which isn't going to make life any easier.

-Rob Gronkowski was a non-factor; no great way to say it, but he didn't look anything like the force he's been in years past. He needs to step up big time next week, especially considering how we've gone from the deepest receiving corps in the NFL to relatively thing in the span of three weeks.

Well color me surprised. Holy shit lol. Kareem Hunt killed the Pats D

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:
Welp, that turnover pretty much seals it. Boy, that was one of the most frustrating games I think I've watched. I don't think anyone besides Mike Gillislee played particularly well.

End o' game reactions:

(...)

We've seen this before. The Patriots get outmatched, it gets blown out of proportion and the team gets doubted, then a week later they smack down their next opponent and everyone is ashamed to have expressed doubts.

Also, New England plays in the AFC East. They can afford another seven losses and still take the division.

EDIT: Useless trivia: The Patriots had a streak of winning 87 regular season games at home when they led at half time.

EDIT2: Irma ensures that either the Bills or Jets will possess the sole lead in the AFC East after week 1. Please let it be the Jets who are in talks of an 0-16 season.

Don't take this as me saying I've lost confidence in the team; it's more of just general analysis of how they lost. I still fully expect them to win the division and at least be in the running for a first round bye at the end of the season.

Chiefs historically do well against Patriots even @Foxborough I believe. Unfortunate that I find this out after picks were already locked, but it is what it is.

MJD vindicated. I hope he goes in deep on Heath Evans, dude sucks Brady's cock every segment on NFLN and gave MJD a lot of shit in social media for what he said about Reid vs Bill in this game.

I was rooting for NE but wow they looked horrible on defense. No pass rush at all, poor pass coverage (which is hard when the QB has all day) and poor mechanics against the run, which was most surprising. I think every team will look at this blueprint Reid just gave the league and give NE trouble.

Glad I drafted Hunt in our league and a big money league I am in. Dude just ran so hard in preseason, he's a smaller AD. Slower, too. But not by much. Father in law prevented me from getting Hunt in all 3 of my leagues, snagged him right before me in round two of another league :(

Really considering dropping the Pats defense, but then again they play in the jokiest division in football where it seems two of their three opponents are actively tanking, and the third has Jay Cutler at QB. Which speaking of Cutty, fuck the NFL for this week 11 shit. Play it elsewhere this week, greedy fucks. Really screwed over my teams week one.

New England does this same thing every year. They suck or are mediocre (especially on defense) the first 4 games or so, they start 2-2 or 3-1 or whatever, and then they go on a tear and their defense improves with every game. I as a fan don't expect much their first 4 games as they always start off really slow with even Brady looking pretty mediocre the first few games. None of what happened last night really surprised or upset me to a terrible degree. It's what I expect, and they will only improve as the weeks go by. Hopefully the injuries go away too, that was a big factor in the game for sure.

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

Hm, Chiefs spanked the Patriots apparently; I stopped watching at half-time so I'm a bit surprised by this result. Patriots start off a little slow it seems like every year so no need for concern Patriots fans. Anyway, can't wait for Sunday night football.