By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2017: Philadelphia Eagles Win Super Bowl LII

Who will win Super Bowl LII?

New England Patriots 7 31.82%

Pittsburgh Steelers 1 4.55%

Jacksonville Jaguars 3 13.64%

Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%

Philadelphia Eagles 5 22.73%

Minnesota Vikings 3 13.64%

Los Angeles Rams 0 0%

New Orleans Saints 0 0%

Other 1 4.55%

Scoreboard 2 9.09%

Total:22
MTZehvor said:  

That wraps up all the games that I think players were actively making an effort to win, along with the fantasy season! Congrats to everyone who made it through. If anyone has any suggestions, comments, or critiques for things to change next year, hit me up; I'm interested in hearing what can be improved.

Glad you're feeling better.

As for the next season, I'd really like to play with a PPR format. Other than that, we just gotta make sure we don't get any more random assholes who are just fucking around, and not really interested in competing. 

Around the Network
Chris Hu said:
Snoopy said:
Good god, a lot of the NFC teams like cowboys, lions and more could've made the playoffs if they were in the AFC.

Nope the teams in the AFC and NFC that came close to making the playoffs but missed out all had identical 9-7 records.

Nope, the afc teams outside of Pittsburg and Patriots are garbage. Their records are inflated because they get to play these whack ass team twice a year.

Snoopy said:
Chris Hu said:

Nope the teams in the AFC and NFC that came close to making the playoffs but missed out all had identical 9-7 records.

Nope, the afc teams outside of Pittsburg and Patriots are garbage. Their records are inflated because they get to play these whack ass team twice a year.

Yup you sound and act like cowboys fan lmao. A cowboys fan that doesn't know football at that.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Snoopy said:
Chris Hu said:

...didn't you guys get your asses kicked by the Broncos and Chargers?

Last edited by MTZehvor - on 01 January 2018

RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said: 

Consolation Championship: Lousy Pack 75.50, The Longest Foot 69.40

Two of Seth's pass catchers, Michael Crabtree and Ricky Seals-Jones, were held without a point, allowing for Rol to finish the season at .500 and claim 7th place. Stephen Gostkowski (13 points) and the Vikings DST (15) played a significant role in putting Rol over the top, and while JuJu Smith-Schuster (14), Carlos Hyde (13), and Tom Brady (16) all turned in solid games, it wasn't enough to overcome having two zeroes in the score column. Perhaps this is a sign that the fantasy gods have finally forgiven Rol's blasphemy against Samus Returns, and are willing to allow him back into their favor if he repents.

You should have mentioned my RBs. Two of them combined for only 2.4 points, so seth's double zero didn't give me much of an advantage. The decisive factor was my tight end in a year where good and reliable TEs were a very rare breed. Kelce turned in another 10+ points performance.

Most importantly though, I had the better QB. Rivers >>>> Brady.

By the way, I didn't whine because of an illness that made me eat nothing for almost three days. That's because I am a grown-up.

PS: You suck.

That's an awfully sour mood for having just been freed from the burden of Dom Capers. You should be off celebrating with your fellow cheeseheads, not grumbling at sick people.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
MTZehvor said:

That's an awfully sour mood for having just been freed from the burden of Dom Capers. You should be off celebrating with your fellow cheeseheads, not grumbling at sick people.

No, that's good delivery. When talking about being a grown-up, it's necessary to put in some extra effort.

Then I can only hope that I remain young for a while yet; that level of grouchiness would ruin my charm.

MTZehvor said:
Snoopy said:

Broncos was good at the begining, however something snap in the middle of the season. Just like the chiefs too. Chargers was played when cowboys was at their worse. All I can say is I wish my team was in the AFC especially the afc north.

Snoopy said:
MTZehvor said:

Broncos was good at the begining, however something snap in the middle of the season. Just like the chiefs too. Chargers was played when cowboys was at their worse. All I can say is I wish my team was in the AFC especially the afc north.

I think you'd rather take the randomness of the NFC East over having to deal with the Steelers, Bengals and Ravens every year. Don't let the spitefulness of the moment fool you.

Also, the AFC has been the dominant conference for the past 15 or so years, so fans of AFC fans have been making the "My team would have been in the playoffs if it was in the NFC" argument for years. The Patriots missed the playoffs despite 11 wins the year Brady was out.

Last edited by burninmylight - on 02 January 2018

RolStoppable said:
burninmylight said:

I think you'd rather take the randomness of the NFC East over having to deal with the Steelers, Bengals and Ravens every year. Don't let the spitefulness of the moment fool you.

I am baffled that he didn't say AFC South, a division that has been the laughing stock of the NFL for the better part of a decade.

Any true Cowboys fan knows they'd be happy to just blend in and play to the level of their competition anyway.

MTZehvor said:
Snoopy said:

Good point.  I would have liked the Cowboys to make it in as a wild card team they would have gotten embarrassed especially if they would have played the Saints on the road.