By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Project MH. What happened to it?

https://www.neowin.net/news/besides-the-nx-nintendo-also-reportedly-working-on-portable-mh-console

Any ideas?

Around the Network

You better hope it's dead, for Nintendo's sake.

Xen said:

Nintendo would be completely fine if they just release a 3DS successor incompatible to the Switch. It's just the consumers that will be screwed over by this. As usual.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I always just took the rumour as being false.

It's buried Deep Down.

Around the Network

New 2DS XL. Rumours about new hardware can turn out to be revisions.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

The same thing that happened to all other types of rumoured platforms that aren't NX it's not happening.

vivster said:
Xen said:

Nintendo would be completely fine if they just release a 3DS successor incompatible to the Switch. It's just the consumers that will be screwed over by this. As usual.

It's making one of the appeals of the switch much less appealing while splitting Nintendo's dev resources somewhat. If the Switch continues being successful as it is now, a 3DS successor is just unnecessary.

Xen said:
vivster said:

It's making one of the appeals of the switch much less appealing while splitting Nintendo's dev resources somewhat. If the Switch continues being successful as it is now, a 3DS successor is just unnecessary.

Unnecessary yes but it won't affect Nintendo a lot, I mean they've been doing this for decades now. They will make even more money if they release a 3DS successor after everyone bought a Switch so people have to double dip.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Mnementh said:
New 2DS XL. Rumours about new hardware can turn out to be revisions.

This. But it is equally likely if the rumor was true to begin with that after the rousing success of the Switch, a few of their mobile games and their classics line, they are content to sit on any direct 3DS successor for a later date or potentially shelve it.

Right now, I think a big factor is going to be if they can get the concrete support from big time Japanese publishers as their help would allow Nintendo to stagger their releases as they would prefer to do instead of the current stream they have given us in the first few months to make sure the Switch is a must have item.