By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 sells 5m in Japan!

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Compared to the PS2 this is embarrassing

That could be said of any modern home console.

It was a joke

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

It was a joke

And how was anyone supposed to know that?

You werent

It was bait but then i realized it was lame. Sorry :/

Kyuu said:
DonFerrari said:

And market reality changed a lot in about one decade.

Don't bother. He'll start spinning faster than the hedgehog on his avatar

He done it on the thread several times already, even sonic would be nauseated.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Vertigo-X said:

I don't really give a rats ass how Wii U and Xbox One performed in Japan; they did actually fail. I used it to point out how you were using *them* to make yourself feel better about PS4 only doing mediocrely in Japan. I mean, damn dude! It'd be great if it outsold Wii (12 million), but it'd have to sell better than it is now to even get close.

And you ignore the market reality to say it's bad.

Now can you point out to me where I say it's bad? I mean, it's *okay*, and the market reality reflects the mediocre sales.

It's like saying the 3DS sales are super amazing because it spanked the pants off the Vita but completely ignores the reality of the market. Come on, now.

The BuShA owns all!

*Reading these comments saying these PS4 sales in Japan aren't "good"* 

Why are we still here? 

Just to suffer? 

Every night I can feel my leg...

and my arm

.even.my.fingers.

the body i've lost.

the comrades i lost.

won't.stop.hurting.

it's like.... it's li-like they're all still there!

you feel it too... don't you?

Don't ever quote one of my fav gaming lines again.  Those feels!!! 

Around the Network

Awesome sales! With dq11 it will get a healthy boost+ a lot of room for pricecuts and ofcourse a amazing monster hunter worlds bundle/ Kingdom hearts 3 bundle etc.

Ps4 will pas ps3 ( creating a small growth not decline)

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Kerotan said:

*Reading these comments saying these PS4 sales in Japan aren't "good"* 

Why are we still here? 

Just to suffer? 

Every night I can feel my leg...

and my arm

.even.my.fingers.

the body i've lost.

the comrades i lost.

won't.stop.hurting.

it's like.... it's li-like they're all still there!

you feel it too... don't you?

Don't ever quote one of my fav gaming lines again.  Those feels!!! 

I GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE MYYYYYYYYYYYYY LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE

NOT ! FOR! HONOR!

BUT FOR ~YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

PS4 should be at 6m by the time MHW comes out. Switch could well be at 3m by that same point -only supply will hold it back.

The big question? Does Switch reach 4m before PS4 reaches 7?

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Vertigo-X said:
DonFerrari said:

And you ignore the market reality to say it's bad.

Now can you point out to me where I say it's bad? I mean, it's *okay*, and the market reality reflects the mediocre sales.

It's like saying the 3DS sales are super amazing because it spanked the pants off the Vita but completely ignores the reality of the market. Come on, now.

Nope man. Market reality is what makes it not being mediocre but good. If the maximum a console can sell in that period would be let's say 6M it selling 5M is very good not mediocre. You can say that Japan market is below mediocre compared to what it was before, but you can't say a product in a smaller market is doing mediocre because it's selling less than a big market.

PS4 selling 1M in a Europe country versus 5M on Japan doesn't make the 1M sales mediocre.

3DS done the best it could (after the bad start) but was a very big drop from previous gen so we can't really be sure. TO really analyze it we would need this gen. On PS case Japan have been doing worse each gen.

StuOhQ said:

PS4 should be at 6m by the time MHW comes out. Switch could well be at 3m by that same point -only supply will hold it back.

Considering Switch being more a portable in Japan I believe in the long run it will outsell PS4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

StuOhQ said:

The bigger question is does the Switch reach 7m before PS4 reaches 7m, it only took 3DS less than a year and half to reach 7m in Japan. I don't think it will do it faster than 3DS did due to early stock issues for the Switch, but if they can get that sorted (Especially around the time of a  new Pokemon + Animal Crossing game) the pace of Switch sales should be able to increase to a point where at least 20 million is in the bag for Switch sales in Japan.

(Sorry for going a bit off topic)

PS4 selling at a faster rate than the PS3 in Japan is certainly a good sign.