By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 sells 5m in Japan!

Tagged games:

Gemmol31 said:
ps4 jap sales not good, no matter if you wear sony blinders to make it look positive

quick question everyone, how many million sellers in japan ps4 and wii u have

I know there is at least one on the ps4, probably be two by next month with Dragon Quest releasing. 

Around the Network

good considering console are basically dead in japan.still congrats on the milestone.i hope end of consoles in japan doesn't stop Japanese developed rpgs.they are one of the unique things about Japanese game industry.

@miyamotoo have you any proof that shows ps4 definitely won't have a long life? Ps3 had no mid gen refresh and lasted 7 years without a succesor. Ps4 has the Pro and you think it can't last as long. LMAO some people just love eating crow.

Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

When your worst selling (in 3 products) is a success, selling as much as it is just ok because?

Just as I said, they just matter when they favor your argument. Xbox, X360 and X1 dminishing sales we ignore because Xbox doesn't exist in Japan for you. Wii to WiiU sales diminishing doesn't matter because 1/4 of WiiU sales were in Japan (that says much more to its global appeal than PS4 not doing good), it is much better to sell 5M in Japan and 65M WW than 3M in Japan and 12M and not the opposite. Each PS system became more WW oriented than the previous at the same time Japan market diminished. So you trying very hard to put it as "but it only sold as much as the worse selling PS (being that at the same time just one Nintendo console outsold ANY - even the worse and not by much - Sony console)" as something of minor importance considering all context show how much you are reaching

And have WiiU still being in front of PS4 in Japan?

And you say they can't be faulted for the will never reach 5M, but then reaching 5M is just ok, not surprising? You can surely stick to a point.

"When your worst selling (in 3 products) is a success, selling as much as it is just ok because?

Just as I said, they just matter when they favor your argument. Xbox, X360 and X1 dminishing sales we ignore because Xbox doesn't exist in Japan for you. Wii to WiiU sales diminishing doesn't matter because 1/4 of WiiU sales were in Japan (that says much more to its global appeal than PS4 not doing good), it is much better to sell 5M in Japan and 65M WW than 3M in Japan and 12M and not the opposite. Each PS system became more WW oriented than the previous at the same time Japan market diminished. So you trying very hard to put it as "but it only sold as much as the worse selling PS (being that at the same time just one Nintendo console outsold ANY - even the worse and not by much - Sony console)" as something of minor importance considering all context show how much you are reaching"

Its OK, it's not big success, especially if that same console is selling tvice better than same that worst selling console on every other market.

Favour of my argument!? I relly dont understand what you try to say here, fact is that 3 Xbox consoles combined sold less than 4m in Japan, that's terrible. Wii U is worst selling Nintendo console ever and their biggest failure world wide not just in Japan, and thats also fact, nobady said difrent. I never said that PS4 is failure in Japan. I dont try at all, fact is that PS4 that is on patch to become second best selling console in world, is selling on pair with worst selling Sony console in Japan.

"And have WiiU still being in front of PS4 in Japan?

And you say they can't be faulted for the will never reach 5M, but then reaching 5M is just ok, not surprising? You can surely stick to a point."

I already stated, it's good that PS4 start selling better and that's not failure after terrible 1st year, but again its not like its selling like crazy in Japan, its have OK sales.

No one said it is selling like crazy.

No one said GREAT success.

You are the one putting it at "OK".

So if something someone said wouldn't reach 5M in lifetime do that faster than the predecessor that were on a market that bought more consoles (talking only Japan) sells 5M in possibly half of its life. The sales aren't just ok. When something sells twice as fast as you think it will then it is at least a success.

Other consoles that weren't the failed WiiU also sold a lot more outside of Japan. So your argument is as selective as you want. You ignore X1 selling less than X360 in Japan (a lot less while the console itslef is believed to be above X360 aligned), WiiU selling very little (but trying to use it selling 1/4 of its sales on Japan as something to show PS4 should be higher) just to make a very narrowinded argument to up your agenda.

Doesn't matter how much you want to cover it. PS2 that was the highest selling and PS4 that can be the second best are in two completely different realities. Dreamcast, PS2, GC and HH had a very big sales on Japan, Xbox og was even acceptable as first try and considering their WW sales. The reality of this gen 15 years later is No Sega, MS gone from Japan, WiiU selling very bad on Japan as well and PS4 selling good in Japan and very good outside. Different context that you try to ignore to lessen the success of PS4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Miyamotoo said:

"When your worst selling (in 3 products) is a success, selling as much as it is just ok because?

Just as I said, they just matter when they favor your argument. Xbox, X360 and X1 dminishing sales we ignore because Xbox doesn't exist in Japan for you. Wii to WiiU sales diminishing doesn't matter because 1/4 of WiiU sales were in Japan (that says much more to its global appeal than PS4 not doing good), it is much better to sell 5M in Japan and 65M WW than 3M in Japan and 12M and not the opposite. Each PS system became more WW oriented than the previous at the same time Japan market diminished. So you trying very hard to put it as "but it only sold as much as the worse selling PS (being that at the same time just one Nintendo console outsold ANY - even the worse and not by much - Sony console)" as something of minor importance considering all context show how much you are reaching"

Its OK, it's not big success, especially if that same console is selling tvice better than same that worst selling console on every other market.

Favour of my argument!? I relly dont understand what you try to say here, fact is that 3 Xbox consoles combined sold less than 4m in Japan, that's terrible. Wii U is worst selling Nintendo console ever and their biggest failure world wide not just in Japan, and thats also fact, nobady said difrent. I never said that PS4 is failure in Japan. I dont try at all, fact is that PS4 that is on patch to become second best selling console in world, is selling on pair with worst selling Sony console in Japan.

"And have WiiU still being in front of PS4 in Japan?

And you say they can't be faulted for the will never reach 5M, but then reaching 5M is just ok, not surprising? You can surely stick to a point."

I already stated, it's good that PS4 start selling better and that's not failure after terrible 1st year, but again its not like its selling like crazy in Japan, its have OK sales.

So if something someone said wouldn't reach 5M in lifetime do that faster than the predecessor that were on a market that bought more consoles (talking only Japan) sells 5M in possibly half of its life. The sales aren't just ok. When something sells twice as fast as you think it will then it is at least a success.

Other consoles that weren't the failed WiiU also sold a lot more outside of Japan. So your argument is as selective as you want. You ignore X1 selling less than X360 in Japan (a lot less while the console itslef is believed to be above X360 aligned), WiiU selling very little (but trying to use it selling 1/4 of its sales on Japan as something to show PS4 should be higher) just to make a very narrowinded argument to up your agenda.

Doesn't matter how much you want to cover it. PS2 that was the highest selling and PS4 that can be the second best are in two completely different realities. Dreamcast, PS2, GC and HH had a very big sales on Japan, Xbox og was even acceptable as first try and considering their WW sales. The reality of this gen 15 years later is No Sega, MS gone from Japan, WiiU selling very bad on Japan as well and PS4 selling good in Japan and very good outside. Different context that you try to ignore to lessen the success of PS4.

Actually you will find some people saying it's great success in this thread. I saying its selling OK, thats my opinion and I stay behind that.

I was very clear, it's good that PS4 start selling better and that's not failure after terrible 1st year, but again its not like its selling like crazy in Japan, 5m afer 3.5 years is OK, nothing more nothing less.

No my argument is not selective, PS4 is actually first gaming hardware (outside Xbox of course) that has less than 10% sales in Japan compared to sales in rest of world. XB1 will end up selling less than Xbox360 world wide, not just in Japan.

Again, my point is very clear, fact is that PS4 that is on path to become second best selling console in world, while in Japan is selling on pair with worst selling Sony console proves that PS4 dont have great sales or that is nealry popular like in rest of world.

Kerotan said:
@miyamotoo have you any proof that shows ps4 definitely won't have a long life? Ps3 had no mid gen refresh and lasted 7 years without a succesor. Ps4 has the Pro and you think it can't last as long. LMAO some people just love eating crow.

7. gen was very long generation for Sony, hardly that Sony will wait again more than 7 years before real successor (in Japan).

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
DonFerrari said:

Actually you will find some people saying it's great success in this thread. I saying its selling OK, thats my opinion and I stay behind that.

I was very clear, it's good that PS4 start selling better and that's not failure after terrible 1st year, but again its not like its selling like crazy in Japan, 5m afer 3.5 years is OK, nothing more nothing less.

No my argument is not selective, PS4 is actually first gaming hardware (outside Xbox of course) that has less than 10% sales in Japan compared to sales in rest of world. XB1 will end up selling less than Xbox360 world wide, not just in Japan.

Again, my point is very clear, fact is that PS4 that is on path to become second best selling console in world, while in Japan is selling on pair with worst selling Sony console proves that PS4 dont have great sales or that is nealry popular like in rest of world.

Kerotan said:

7. gen was very long generation for Sony, hardly that Sony will wait again more than 7 years before real successor (in Japan).

Ok then... If between crazy sales and OK sales there is no division I'll keep that Switch is doing Ok at most, perhaps even worse considering it won't pass DS.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Kerotan said:
Lawlight said:

Why not? Other consoles are a good reference point to show how the PS4 is performing. And that comparison shows that the PS4 is the only console that has sold relatively well in Japan.

Apparently it's a sensitive subject bringing up the other consoles from the gen that failed. But as you said it's a good reference point hence why i mentioned it. 

I don't really give a rats ass how Wii U and Xbox One performed in Japan; they did actually fail. I used it to point out how you were using *them* to make yourself feel better about PS4 only doing mediocrely in Japan. I mean, damn dude! It'd be great if it outsold Wii (12 million), but it'd have to sell better than it is now to even get close.

The BuShA owns all!

You can't really compare two consoles that were $400.00 and $600.00 at launch. 

Vertigo-X said:
Kerotan said:

Apparently it's a sensitive subject bringing up the other consoles from the gen that failed. But as you said it's a good reference point hence why i mentioned it. 

I don't really give a rats ass how Wii U and Xbox One performed in Japan; they did actually fail. I used it to point out how you were using *them* to make yourself feel better about PS4 only doing mediocrely in Japan. I mean, damn dude! It'd be great if it outsold Wii (12 million), but it'd have to sell better than it is now to even get close.

And you ignore the market reality to say it's bad.

AlfredoTurkey said:

You can't really compare two consoles that were $400.00 and $600.00 at launch. 

And market reality changed a lot in about one decade.

*Reading these comments saying these PS4 sales in Japan aren't "good"* 

Why are we still here? 

Just to suffer? 

Every night I can feel my leg...

and my arm

.even.my.fingers.

the body i've lost.

the comrades i lost.

won't.stop.hurting.

it's like.... it's li-like they're all still there!

you feel it too... don't you?