By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 sells 5m in Japan!

Tagged games:

It just sold 5m and beat ps3 to this milestone by 1 week. Over the next 8 months it will create a big lead over the ps3. Great to see a console in Japan beating it's predecessor.  It was a super close battle but it pulled it off.  Congrats ps4!

Around the Network

About time, took long enough. Maybe MHW and Dragon Quest XI can get it to 6M. 

Kyuu said:
Ljink96 said:

6M lifetime?

No, just the combination of the 2 should provide a nice boost. 

Ljink96 said:

It should reach that before MHW is even released.

8m is a lock at this point. It will probably cross 9m in the end. 10m will be hard especially if the PS5 is coming out in 2019.

Boutros said:
Ljink96 said:

8m is a lock at this point. It will probably cross 9m in the end. 10m will be hard especially if the PS5 is coming out in 2019.

Eh, myabe it'll reach it before then. People are forgetting that with Dragon Quest XI, 3DS has a much larger install base than PS4 and I'll bet anything that more Japanese gamers will just buy the 3DS version rather than the PS4/Both versions. MHW comes out in 2018 right? I don't think with DQXI it'll hit 6M before then in Japan.

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Ljink96 said:

No, just the combination of the 2 should provide a nice boost. 

Dumb question on my part lol better go get some sleep.

lol, ok. 

Ljink96 said:
Boutros said:

Eh, myabe it'll reach it before then. People are forgetting that with Dragon Quest XI, 3DS has a much larger install base than PS4 and I'll bet anything that more Japanese gamers will just buy the 3DS version rather than the PS4/Both versions. MHW comes out in 2018 right? I don't think with DQXI it'll hit 6M before then in Japan.

What does the 3DS version of Dragon Quest XI has to do with PS4 hardware sales? lol

neat!

It'll be interesting where it is in about a year. DQ and MHW could do some magic.

I don't think we see a ps5 before 2020 and personally see 9m as the minimum. It has a great shot at 10m+

good on the PS4 getting to 5m in Japan and beating out PS3 by a week

now it will pull away for a while with the DQ11 release and hopefully manage to sell over 10m lifetime aswell