By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales July 17th - 23rd 2017

Ka-pi96 said:
Roar_Of_War said:

What market data exists that tells you people won't buy two longish games? Especially given that zelda can be beaten in under 40 minutes if one wants. 

I believe a lot of people with switches also own another platform. 

What market data exists to tell you people would buy two long games (with no deals or sales) at the same time? And it being possible to beat Zelda in under 40 mins really isn't relevant. Nobody is going to go out and buy it, beat it in 40 mins, and then just move on to another game.

Horizon Zero Dawn. 

You're making a lot of assumptions about the way people buy and play games. Care to prove no one is going to do that eh? All I said is it was possible, you're trying to state this as a fact. You have a lot more to prove than me. 

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Was it cheaper digitally? Were there any other advantages to buying digitally versus other games?

As Switch is a mobile console buying digitally increases the comfort switching between games while playing on the go.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Roar_Of_War said:
Ka-pi96 said:

How would it bump Zelda?

Single player RPG-like game. Not sure why this is even a question, as it's certainly possible.

Single player RPG-like game on two other platforms. How does it influence Zelda on Switch and WiiU?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Ka-pi96 said:
TheBraveGallade said:

Small size and the fact that its a multiplsyer game. You want it on the console at all times for a quick match here and there.

Wouldn't simply leaving the cartridge in the console accomplish the exact same thing?

I practically always have some kind of Pokemon game left in my 3DS, doubt I'm the only one that does that...

Yeah, but if you want to play a quick session of Mario Kart between your Splatoon-sessions?

Ka-pi96 said:
Mnementh said:

Yeah, but if you want to play a quick session of Mario Kart between your Splatoon-sessions?

If you really don't want to switch cartridges for that... well there's still no reason that Splatoon has to be the digital one right? Could have Splatoon cartridge + digital Mario Kart

Sure, you can always purchase one game physical.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Roar_Of_War said:

Horizon Zero Dawn. 

You're making a lot of assumptions about the way people buy and play games. Care to prove no one is going to do that eh? All I said is it was possible, you're trying to state this as a fact. You have a lot more to prove than me. 

Horizon Zero Dawn didn't really boost anything though?

And it seems you were the one that stated it as a fact by saying "it's not even a question". I wasn'teven saying it wouldn't happen, more asking why you think it would because I can't think of any reasons myself. I'd get it if the Switch release were next week too. Then it would give a boost to Switch hardware (or at least if they had the stock for it) and I expect people buying a new console are much more likely to get multiple games at once than people who just want a newly released game.

Horizon Zero Dawn sold quite well on another platform alongside Zelda and many people purchased and played both around the same time, evidenced quite well by the war between both fan bases. If people could buy and play both of those then it fits here as an example, potentially.

Even sakurai himself played and bought both and compared them directly. 

no, I said it's not a question that it's a possibility, I didn't say it would boost it for sure. You're coming off as if you're saying this could never happen or that people never do this. You literally said 'no one would', so that's why it felt you were being matter-of-fact about it. 

Mnementh said:
Teeqoz said:

Was it cheaper digitally? Were there any other advantages to buying digitally versus other games?

As Switch is a mobile console buying digitally increases the comfort switching between games while playing on the go.

This describes me so perfectly it isn't funny.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Mnementh said:
Teeqoz said:

ETA: Obviously I'm talking about the JP market.

We don't have any real data to back this up as the digital numbers we have for 3DS were not very good. Japan is more averse to digital adoption than the West, and even more so on Nintendo platforms. Anyone stating 20%+ digital adoption would be absolutely delusional. Even more than 10% is a bit optimistic.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mnementh said:
Teeqoz said:

If that were the case, you'd expect the 3DS to have pretty high digital ratios as well, but that simply hasn't been the case. I can see the rationale behind your explanation, but the data doesn't back it up.

Roar_Of_War said:

DQ next week may potentially bump Zelda, actually. It'll be interesting to see how that does. 

Comment of the week!