By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Dataminers find text about the end of Miiverse from new Wii U update

There was a Wii U system update, what for? I thought Nintendo left the system to rot. They better leave Miiverse up until they add a way to message friends on Switch.

-Lonely_Dolphin

Around the Network

Einsam_Delphin said:
There was a Wii U system update, what for? I thought Nintendo left the system to rot. They better leave Miiverse up until they add a way to message friends on Switch.

-Lonely_Dolphin

you can do it now on the Switch, you just need a separate app on your phone called.... a phone, and you use that app to ring your friends and talk to them.

Works really well, I've been using it as a Beta tester for the Switch program for about 20 years now.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

The Miiverse's drawing section is the thing I'm going to miss the most. So many good drawings there.

A handheld gamer only (for now).

It was good for the most part, but I didn't really use it much :p

Nintendo really should have advertised it more, by showing off people's works of art and other things like that. Wonder if it will come to the Switch

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
cycycychris said:
jason1637 said:
Was a neat feature on Wii U and 3DS. Why doesnt Nintendo just bring it to Switch?

Since from a marketing standpoint, its better to have people share there screenshots and experiences through twitter/facebook rather than Miiverse, a closed network of only Nintendo owning people. I wish Miiverse could continue but I think this is what killed it, its a closed network. A lot of benifits to limiting people share on social media. I wish Miiverse could continue, it was such a great tool. It offers so much more to the consumer that social media can never replace.

You are right, but I still think it sucks.  No way am I going to be posting game related stuff on Facebook.  I am much happier with it on the semi-anonymous Miiverse.

And the great thing about Miiverse was it was easy to find a community for every game.  I am finding that even older eShop games usually have a few people playing them.  I feel like that would be more difficult to find on a non-dedicated service like Twitter.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

I really liked the Mii verse and the play-diary features. It's nice to have a community that is focused, not only on games but on the specific game you're playing. Twitter just isn't the same.

spurgeonryan said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

-Lonely_Dolphin

Up until last week the Wii U was consistently getting more eshop games than the Switch.

Quite a few decent discounts on some good games too.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

cycycychris said:
jason1637 said:
Was a neat feature on Wii U and 3DS. Why doesnt Nintendo just bring it to Switch?

Since from a marketing standpoint, its better to have people share there screenshots and experiences through twitter/facebook rather than Miiverse, a closed network of only Nintendo owning people. I wish Miiverse could continue but I think this is what killed it, its a closed network. A lot of benifits to limiting people share on social media. I wish Miiverse could continue, it was such a great tool. It offers so much more to the consumer that social media can never replace.

But there's nothing like the Miiverse connectivity for Facebook or Twitter. Also, no one is using Miiverse to replace Facebook or Twitter posting. All that will happen is less communication between players, and people who use third party communication tools (now that the feature is being eliminated) are only going to do it in private groups anyway. Those that are interested in posting public things will do it anyway, Miiverse or not.

It is likely a price and development thing. Nintendo had this platform that should have been implemented into every game in some way. This is extra dev work for what is otherwise a bit of a gimmick - it's kind of like achievements.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

spurgeonryan said:

Up until last week the Wii U was consistently getting more eshop games than the Switch.

There's just no way to spin it, the Wii U is dead. Tis for the best!